[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ban murdercages from cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Curtainside-Truck-rtch-CATEGORY.png (408KB, 769x450px) Image search: [Google]
Curtainside-Truck-rtch-CATEGORY.png
408KB, 769x450px
When will we ban these weapons of mass destruction from our cities?
>>
Never, the cagers need ISIS for the same reason that the religious right needs ISIS - they're more alike than different
>>
>>1061806
Are people in cites all mentally ill now?
I know this thread is a bit tongue in cheek , but many of you guys actually harbor resentment against they very trucks that make it possible for you to live in a city in the first place.
Between that and using gender neutral pronouns, I feel like I have no common ground with you people ( I almost said "i have no truck with you" but I dont think many would have understood).
>>
>>1061824
>implying e-cargobikes wouldn't work perfectly for last mile transportation of goods in dense cities
>implying having 1 gender neutral pronoun for all genders isn't the ideal system
>>
>>1061828
So let me get this straight.
Big truck full of frozen goods on its way to Safeway, its driven 800 miles from the distribution center... you want it to stop at the edge of the city and have guys with cargo bikes take it the rest of the way in?
42 thousand pounds of frozen vegetables?
Are you dim or insane?
>>
>>1061832
Doesn't have to be at the edge, there can be designated, clearly marked truck routes, laid out with particular care to control and minimize hazards to humans, with the convenience of the trucks at a low priority. But more importantly personal murder boxes would be forbidden to operate anywhere that humans live and work.

I find it amusing how cagers REEEEE at the idea of restrictions on their vile habits, as if the concept of a personal murder box is inextricable from the concept of a commercial delivery vehicle.
>>
>>1061832
nigga was just memeing bru
>>
>>1061832

It has actually probably driven less than 15 miles from the distribution center.

The trucks that drive hundreds of miles are the big rigs.

The 20' rigid do the close haul and the little vans do the last couple miles.

I mean just visit new York and many Manhattan outlets require one semi truck every couple days to keep their sock afloat.
>>
the solution is the make delivery trucks automated.
>>
Large trucks are mostly restricted to certain routes in my city. I almost never see them on roads around me. Grocery or city service trucks do get access but most deliveries are made in 20 or 15 footers.
>>
>>1061824
>you people
>the city dwellers who are all alike
>all 2 billion of you

I think you're the one with mental issues.
>>
>>1061938
Someone in advertising seems to have caught on to the fact that rustics think that being a hillbilly is "real" and being in a city is "fake" because the hillbilly sees cities on television and since television is not real, therefore, cities are not real

So we have this entire class of media that caters to the distorted view of reality that comes from being a confused hick in a cage-bound hellhole with a walk score of 0

It's terrible and the fact that home schooling is legal only perpetuates the cycle of cage violence and ignorance
>>
>>1061834
Would you look at that, the price of all my consumables doubled in price, this is so unfair.
I can't afford my feminine products and I'm free bleeding in the the street.
>>
>>1061991
>if the price of anything goes up by even a penny, civilization will collapse
t.Walmart shopping rustic who buys China goods while whining that China took er jerrrbs
>>
>>1061992
Great that ya took the bait, made my day.
It's a troll thread after all.
>>
>>1061976
you got books/articles exploring further that idea of having one's perception of reality altered by media and their context of reception?
>>
>>1061806
OP, next time use a picture of the actual problem, the single occupancy private vehicles. There are reasonable arguments for banning and/or reducing private vehicles in dense city centers. Things like emergency vehicles, delivery trucks, however, are usually exceptions. You are focusing on the wrong issue with the trucks. The problem is cars, trucks we can handle (more easily) with designated delivery zones, times, and truck routes. Removing private cars gives space for buses/emergency vehicles/public transit/deliveries/etc.
>>
>>1061806
Personal vehicles should not be in city centers but there should be a few commercial routes for truck deliveries. The problem is way too many personal cars, not the commercial vehicles.
>>
>>1062040
Lots and lots of cities function without unrestricted access to the city by street. It's not that hard to accomplish. Just make the entire city center a "no cars, except for delivery trucks between 7 and 9 am" area.
>>
>>1061887
>>1061887
You dont know shit about logicstics
>>
>>1061824
Perhaps they should have times that they are allowed, such as each city has a different time it is allowed to have lorries in, and that time is set based on difficulty of getting lorry from next nearest city. Would let stores have more specific timings, allow business as usual but have less trucks at rush hours.
>>
File: Kopenhagen_-_panoramio_(55).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Kopenhagen_-_panoramio_(55).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Many older city centres got large car free areas, especially in Europe.
>>
>>1062203
Very inefficient. Prices will go up.
>>
File: 1490379176331.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490379176331.png
143KB, 600x600px
>>1061812
>being alike means you need each other
>>
File: BsogVoJCIAM8ZFi.jpg (35KB, 400x433px) Image search: [Google]
BsogVoJCIAM8ZFi.jpg
35KB, 400x433px
>>1061806
>>1061806
>>1061806
OP would change his tune after one week without tendies
>>
>>1062255
I live in a city where that is the case and prices are literally the same as everywhere else.
Transportation (in total, from the Chinese sweatshop or New Zealand apple orchard all the way to the store) accounts for less than 1% of the cost of the product.
>>
>>1061834
>anywhere that humans live and work.
The suburbs were made for the automobile, son. So are office parks, which in some places actually employ more people than the downtown of the main city in that region.

>calling cars "murderboxes"
You people sound like vegans. And vegans are scum. Just like any leftist/marxist piece of shit.
>>
>>1061806
When civilization falls.
>>
>>1061806
After we ban Muslims.
>>
>>1062589
What city is that?
I am skeptical
>>
>>1062596
>defending the suburbs
Kill yourself
>office parks
Double kill yourself
>>
>>1062596
>leftist/marxist
Found the brainlet that thinks "conservative" means chewing tobacco and driving trucks.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.