[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any /n/iggers from seattle? Heard something about a mandatory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: fag.jpg (68KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
68KB, 320x240px
Any /n/iggers from seattle? Heard something about a mandatory bike helmet law, please don't tell me it's actually enforced. Gonna be there for a month and it looks like a cool place to ride, but i'm not gonna wear a fag hat to do so.
>>
i heard bigfoot comes out the woods to rape your lily-white ass when you ride without a helmet
>>
>>1061708
Stop giving OP more reasons to leave home without his fag-hat.
>>
Just ride out where there aren't any other people. Nobody will be able to report you for not wearing your mandatory fag-hat, and as a bonus nobody will be around to help you when you get injured in an accident and you might die.
>>
File: 1465171319460.jpg (27KB, 886x477px) Image search: [Google]
1465171319460.jpg
27KB, 886x477px
Yes, the entirety of King County has the law.
Not sure how likely you are to actually get hassled though.
>>
Is this shit even enforced anywhere at all? In my city by law you're required to wear one but the only time anyone got a ticket for it was the day they launched the new law
>>
>>1061706

People who wear helmets are worthless faggots.
>>
>>1061706
Isn't enforced. None of the bike laws are unless you suck at riding

T. Skitched on cop cars in seattle.
>>
>>1061864
>>1062627
The purpose of having cops isn't to enforce 100% of the laws 100% of the time, it's to provide an enforcement mechanism when people misbehave in a dangerous or disruptive way. If you're technically breaking a law (I violate the law nearly every time I ride, because legally all bikes here must have red rear reflectors) but not causing or threatening any practical harm, then you are a zero-priority for enforcement. If a cyclist does get ticketed for not wearing a helmet, or not having a reflector, it's almost certainly because they were doing something else to attract censure from the police, and the ticket is just the official justification for stopping them.
>>
>>1061706
Look, kid. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
>>1062638
Honestly I legit break the law flagrantly but it was always my retard coworker getting hurassed for being stupid on a bike.

Weird. I'm faster then him, maybe it's that
>>
why does /n/ hate helmets so much? If you don't want to wear one no problem but why judge those who just want a little extra safety?
>>
>>1062756
Personally, I only judge those that want to give me a bad conscience for not wearing one. As if not wearing a helmet is somehow immoral.

Meanwhile they walk through downtown or drive their cars without one, even though during both activities you're more likely to get a serious head injury per million hours than on a bicycle.
>>
>>1062756
Helmets perpetuate the myth that riding a bicycle is an exceptionally dangerous activity.
When people think that it's dangerous and you need a helmet for it, less people ride.
Less people riding means drivers are less accustomed to bicycles and cycling infrastructure isn't built.
Which actually does make it less safe.

tl/dr: helmeted cyclists are gonna kill us all.
>>
>>1061706
I work at a bike shop in seattle
king country requires helmets
if your ego is really more fragile than your skull then sure don't wear one. ive heard of people being ticketed for it but most commonly you get a warning.
>>
>>1062756
Most of /n/ loves helmets, there's just a few anti-helmet downtubers here.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.