[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aerospokes. And how does the /n/ bike community feel about them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Aerospokes. And how does the /n/ bike community feel about them?
>>
Cool when they're used by someone actually racing. Uncool when used by a hipster in his fixie.
>>
>>1060864
this..
>>
>>1060864
Does anyone actually use them while racing though? I thought the only purpose for these things was to make a stolen Bianchi Pista look more asspensive, and also to shatter unexpectedly in the middle of an intersection to the delight of spectators
>>
>>1060887
Almost every single track bike and road TT bike has at least some sort of aerospoke front wheel
>>
>>1060888
You are a fucking retard. Aerospoke is a brand and they make shit wheels. They have some of the worst flex in the business. No one even half serious uses Aerospokes on a dedicated racing bike.
>>
So the takeaway here is remember aerospoke != trispoke, aerospoke is for freds.
>>
Gotta say aerospoke is a pretty good name for wheels that don't appear to be very aerodynamic.
>>
>>1060887
you're thinking of OG spinergy
>>
>>1060857
I'd like to know if they never go out of true, or if they do but you then throw the entire wheel into the trash?
>>
>>1060942
You'd have to go out of your way to do it but once it's bent it's finished. Aerospokes are heavy and flexy, there's literally no reason to get them unless you get a hell of a deal on them.
>>
>>1060864
>>1060878
>used by someone actually racing

>>1060887
This.

>>1060888
An Aerospoke TM brand wheel is not.
>>
File: StoryHedGT3[1].jpg (172KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
StoryHedGT3[1].jpg
172KB, 700x400px
>>1060888
no they have stuff like the hed 3 or mavic Io which weigh nearly 1/2 the amount as aerospoke wheels and are also actually aerodynamic.
>>
>>1060899
45mm+ deep dish carbon is for freds, aerospokes are for fixie goons
>>
>>1060857
They were super cool in 2006; but a set weights about 8lbs.
>>
Waste of money and a huge safety risk
>>
>>1061971
>waste of money
probably, but who cares? It's all a fashion statement unless you're at a high level of the sport.

>huge safety risk
you have no clue what you're talking about
>>
i have 6-7 sets of these things lying around. i never used them myself, i dont even ride ssfg, but just gradually accumulated them for free or for pennies over time. I remember back in the day all my friends having them and them going for top dollar.
>>
>>1062143

>you have no clue what you're talking about

These things snap more than a rookie in the squat rack
>>
>>1060857
Excuse me, but how the fuck do you true these pieces of shit? Same question for motorcycles with similar rims.
>>
>>1062343
>unmount it
>hold it firmly at the rim with both hands
>put your foot against the hub
>push with foot while pulling with both hands
>continue until it's folded up and fits inside your trash can
>buy a new one
>>
>>1060857
they ride like shit and make handling all gay in wind
>>
IIRC the fad started with messengers using them because Aerospoke was going out of business and sold them off for cheap. People picked up on it and started buying them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.