[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adult Scooters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

Anyone familiar with Adult Scooters that can recommend one that isn't too much money?
Just ordered this one for 75$ but i'm sure there's a better one for less.
I got this one because i don't want some deep crack or a pebble to trip the scooter. That's actually happened to me when i was younger with the tiny wheeled scooters.
>Why not a skate board
Unfortunately i cannot balance on one
>Why not a bike
Too big
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-02+at+01.07.04).jpg (153KB, 908x792px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-02+at+01.07.04).jpg
153KB, 908x792px
>>
I think if you have under a hundred bucks to spend on transportation, the best bet would be to get some decent shoes or something. Skip everything with wheels at that price point.
>>
>adult scooters
scooters are for children and old people
>too big
what is too big? you or the bike?
>>
>>1060378
Looks like a nightmare to push without pedals
>>
>>1060373
>Adult Scooters

No such thing friendo
>>
>>1060379
>>
>>1060397
>Using wheels instead of grinding everywhere on a complex system of handrails and picnic benches.
>>
>>1060379
Too slow
>>1060380
bike
>>1060390
yes there is
>>1060397
>>1060414
bat at balance
>>
File: 1491145188736.jpg (41KB, 415x440px) Image search: [Google]
1491145188736.jpg
41KB, 415x440px
>>1060414
They still make those things? I remember seeing a kid almost break his neck at the playground with them almost 20 years ago.
>>
>>1060414
>>1060506
That's how you snap/shatter/fracture your ankles.
>>
>>1060506
>They still make those things?
I don't think so. Heelies bought them out in the early 00s and was incorporating the grind plates into their own shoes for a short time, but they must have phased them out entirely by now.

Sonic Adventure 2 was basically one big commercial for Soaps.
>>
>>1060501
What is your actual budget, range and space restrictions?

I'm genuinely interested because of context.
>>
>>1060594
contexts is i go to a school where any of the parking lots are about half a mile to a mile from my classes. Unfortunately it gets to be 95+ degree weather very soon and i drive a tiny car that doesn't have room inside for a bike or a bike rack.
Can't roller skate because of my bad balance, nearly snapped my ankles trying to ice skate.
As a student, i try not to spend too much money so 75$ is my limit.
A scooter just seems like the solution since they take about the same room as a skate board that i can put under a chair/desk and through in my trunk once i get to the car.
>>
>>1060373
What are you going to use it for?
>>
>>1060606
see >>1060599
campus travel and just cruising around .
>>
>adult
>Scooter
>>
Update:
So i got it and it's pretty nice, although sometimes when i kick i feel like i hit a vein on the top of my foot and it starts throbbing, It's very painful for pretty much the rest of the day.
Anyone else have similar pain? I get it when i get up too fast or when i jump too high, but that's very rare.

I have gotten a few stares from the Chads and Stacys but other than that people don't really care.
>>
>>1061952
its your feet telling you that you're to god damn old to be riding a scooter. - Get a foldable bike
>>
>>1061958
I have a bike, but bikes get stolen a lot where i need to ride it
>>
>>1060373
Wish you well
>>
>>1061965
Lock it up well. Don't be lazy and use only chains or cable locks.
>>
i dont mean to sound condescending, but seriously mad respect to you for riding that. id be scared as shit to ride something like that on a college campus (or just in public in general).
>>
>>1062227
Probably because unlike OP and any adult who rides a scooter, you are not autistic.
>>
>>1060599
Coudln't you just use an external bike rack?
>>
>>1062227
why would i care what strangers i'll never talk to or ever see again think of me? I really don't understand that logic, i better not do something because someone i don't know doesn't like it.
>>
>>1060373
>>Why not a skate board
>Unfortunately i cannot balance on one
lol stop making excuses and get good, skateboards are a good inbetween from bikes and straight up walking
Don't tell me you're too scared to ride a skateboard
>>
File: Chino Gordo.gif (2MB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
Chino Gordo.gif
2MB, 250x277px
>>1060380
t. richfag who doesn't live in an apartment
>>
>>1060373
I got one for free from work, its good since its got full sus and quite nice to ride. Takes the bumps a lot better and vibrates less.
Just don't use it enough

They are popular in Europe and here in the UK.

Get one that is solid and upgrade the bearings asap, something like abec 11s? A skate or bike shop should know what to do.
>>
>>1060506
>Soap shoes were sort of a thing for failed fruitbooters 20 years ago

I want off this fucking ride right now.
>>
>>1065237
I actually ordered the Razor A5 because of the bearings, although it vibrates like crazy on rough pavement.
While they aren't popular in a lot of places, they are being seen more in college campuses in CA.
>>
>>1060619
Pick two. Just ordered a pro scooter, this will be comfy for Pokemon GO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6jEzM-I6FA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTXvoSqxrHc
>>
>>1066405
>Pokemon GO
What year is it?
>>
>>1066575
The year where adults play Pokemon while riding their kick scooters
>>
An adult on a scooter is the most pathetic thing there is.

Get a Longboard and learn to ride it.
>>
>>1066605
Yea I bet you like riding that wood you fag!
>>
To all the downers, what is a legitimate difference between boards, bikes, and scooters?
>>
>>1066657
Boards - Total Fuckwits with 0 redeemable qualities. Always hitting people or almost killing themselves.
Bikes - Assholes with decent intentions but little space to use their preferred riding platform thus they come off as twats.
Scooters - Autism. If you ride this you aren't willing to live with the fact you are a fuck head but your not bold enough to be an asshole either. The handles add to the fact you are not willing to risk your life and others around you and the lack of speed means you don't really care about transporting yourself somewhere.
>>
>>1066696
it sounds like scooters are in between boards and bikes, my dude. Control so you don't hit anyone and space to go almost everywhere.
If speed is all you want why not just get a car?
>>
>>1066707
>If speed is all you want why not just get a car?
But that is motorized so it doesn't count. The bicycle is faster but the scooter is more fun and more compact.
>>
>>1066707
Because on a college campus or in tight urban areas bikes are most generally faster than a car.
>>
File: 1479579669487.jpg (21KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1479579669487.jpg
21KB, 500x367px
>>1066734
>taking your bike inside the campus
Hope you get gassed.
>>
>>1066737
Nothing wrong with that if you having a folding bike or something like a Brompton. But still, a scooter is a good cheap alternative.
>>
Listen, OP. There's nothing objectively wrong with an adult scooting around on a scooter. But don't pretend it's socially acceptable either. If you have any desire to fit into society, have relationships, and be respected by people who see you, you can't do this shit. Don't ask why, doesn't matter. You just can't.

If you don't care about those things, more power to you, but you should be willing to commit to that outlook, which means you can't make fun of bronies, furries, vapers, neckbeards or any of that shit anymore. Because you're in the same boat as them now.
>>
>>1066737
But my campus has tons of bike paths?
>>
File: 1418343301171.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
1418343301171.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>1066785
>If you have any desire to fit into society, have relationships, and be respected by people who see you
those are things i've never given a shit about and i still hate on all of those groups you've listed. The fact you can't give me a real reason why there's a stigma to scooters just makes your argument less credible.
>>
>>1066789
I mean, ok. We're all inconsistent in our own ways, so who am I to stop you from making fun of someone in a fedora from atop your adult child's toy.
>>
Are people in this thread srsly defending the fucking scooters?
>>
>>1066791
>child's toy
Those cheap folding ones are for children, the sturdy pro scooters are sport scooters.
>>
>>1062369
I live in a studio apartment with two other people and keep a bike in here too. It's not hard.
>>
>>1066845
>living with others
Enjoy eating seamen off your bagel and stepping on shit in the shower
>>
>>1066845
> I live in a studio apartment with two other people
That's called a dorm room.
>>
>>1066841
>sport scooters.

PFFFFFT BWAHAHAHAHA!
>>
Tested it with Pokemon GO and I have to say the speed is kinda underwhelming. A bicycle is the better option. Scooter only wins on size and hardly having maintenance.
>>
>>1067953
Riding a bicycle slowly enough for PokemonGO to work is frustrating.
Also why the hell are you still playing that terrible game
>>
Just get a waveboard and be done with it
>>
File: snakeboard_original.jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
snakeboard_original.jpg
38KB, 400x300px
>>1068318
>newfangled gimmick plank
>perfectly cromulent memeboard already exists
>>
>>1068320
Waveboards are classy af
>>
>>1068318
>>1068320
>>1068324
>how to eat shit
nah, senpai
>>1067953
scooters are good for short distances
>>
>>1060373
Bought one for a 1 mile trip from the train station. Then I realized I looked like a retarded manchild and started walking instead.
>>
>>1067961
>Also why the hell are you still playing that terrible game
Because it's one of the few thing to do alone outside.
>>1068330
>tfw you will never look like the cool pro scooter riders when riding it.
>>
>>1068338
>>tfw you will never look like the cool pro scooter riders when riding it.
buddy...
>>
>>1066846
>not living with your gf
>not having a gf
>>
>>1068395
Enjoy losing half your shit one you guys break up. If enough time has passed since you moved together a judge can treat your relationship as a partnership equal to marriage
>>
File: Marriage.jpg (285KB, 648x1308px) Image search: [Google]
Marriage.jpg
285KB, 648x1308px
>>1071112
>>
>>1071112
>Land of the Freeā„¢
>>
File: magic steez carpet.jpg (1MB, 2598x1924px) Image search: [Google]
magic steez carpet.jpg
1MB, 2598x1924px
>>1061952
I live in a place where you can't walk anywhere without going up or down steep hills most of the time. A longboard and some slide gloves or being good at speed checks is faster where I am
>>
>>1071116
> Having fuck-all insight into human nature
> Arranging your life around your cock's needs
> Complaining about having to live with bad life choices

... the post
>>
>>1071112
>not being a good judge of character
>not having a gf with a good character

also,
>children
>>
>>1071172
The dude wants to buy a child's scooter for transportation, I don't think he is a good judge of anything.
>>
File: WrongPepe.png (10KB, 576x347px) Image search: [Google]
WrongPepe.png
10KB, 576x347px
>>1071162
>MFW I moved from the foothills of NC to pan flat alabama
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.