[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is fine.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

This is fine.
>>
File: this-is-fine-meme.jpg (57KB, 600x317px) Image search: [Google]
this-is-fine-meme.jpg
57KB, 600x317px
>>1059857
>>
Muh V8 modor
Murrka
>>
Diesel fuel can't melt steel beams.
>>
>>1059878
It's PVC that's burning from what I read.
>>
>>1059884
Oh shit, PVC can totally melt steel beams! Panic!
>>
>>1059857
It's already collapsed. MARTA cannot handle all these new commuters.
>>
File: 1490495366400.jpg (23KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1490495366400.jpg
23KB, 250x243px
>tfw live and work in town
Maybe now those suburb fag will fund MARTA.
>>
>"I think it's as serious a transportation crisis as we could have," Mayor Kasim Reed said at a news conference late Thursday. He said that FBI agents were on the scene "to work out what happened" but that the agency had reported no suspected link to terrorism.
All this because your stupid freeway caught fire? Cager culture is the worst
>>
>>1059934
It's okay anon, an army of cyclist will show up and trucks will load their containers onto their backs, and then they'll cycle the contents to their destination.
>>
Would it be legal for MARTA to say only Fulton and Dekalb county residents can park in their Park-n-rides?
>>
>>1059955
No, I don't believe so.
>>
>>1059934
Officials were were storing PVC or HDPE pipes, plastic barriers and barrels, a ton of plastic-based shit under and near the highway in a fenced off area. What had happened was a group of homeless scum had trespassed in there and for unknown motives (probably some really stupid shit like trying to light a bong or something) had light a fire that spread to the plastic stuff. and the intense heat from burning the plastic had compromised the structure of the highway, causing a section to collapse. It's not so "stupid" when money that could have been used for other projects now has to be diverted in an emergency project that should never had stated if those damn homeless didn't trespass and act like general retards.
>>
>>1059999
>I insulated my home with old newspapers, but a random guy who flicked his cigarette butt near my crawlspace is at fault for my house burning down.
>>
>>1059999
>leaving shit that can burn hot enough to collapse major interstate directly under said interstate
bravo
>>
>>1059999
>Storing PVC and HDPE

Aka solidified petroleum. There's a lot of energy stored in plastics
>>
>>1060007
PVC is fire resistant and releases less heat than most other plastics.
It was probably the HDPE conduit since there was tons of spools of it.
>>
File: under [email protected] (912KB, 1069x481px) Image search: [Google]
under 1-85N@Peidmont.png
912KB, 1069x481px
>>1060009
they supposedly arrested 3 people suspected of being the ones that started the initial fire.
>>
>>1059929

Maybe this will be enough to get people to FINALLY EXPAND MARTA like we were supposed to have been for the last fucking decade.
>>
>>1060006
something similar happened to I-95 in Philly like 20 years ago, only that time it was a tire yard
>>
File: -.jpg (118KB, 1568x970px) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
118KB, 1568x970px
How could someone even think of suspecting arson? Look how secure the storage area was in the pic.

Also, does anyone find it interesting that it's directly across the street from a big MARTA rail yard? Muh symbolism.
>>
>>1060011
>>1060023
Hivemind.
>>
File: s077251420.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
s077251420.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>1060023
>Also, does anyone find it interesting that it's directly across the street from a big MARTA rail yard? Muh symbolism.
>>
File: 1ae6f632f3494a65a23e87cca4de795a.jpg (311KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1ae6f632f3494a65a23e87cca4de795a.jpg
311KB, 1536x1152px
>>1060025
mmm plastic smoke
>>
File: 300px-William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg (17KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
300px-William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg
17KB, 300x381px
>>1059999
>if I can't see the homeless, they don't exist
>if I can't see the plastic kindling it doesn't exist
>if I can't see the transport policy dysfunction in my city, it doesn't exist
>whoa, what? you're telling me if I make "homelessness" illegal to please ignorant voters, the homeless people don't magically cease to exist, but instead get driven into hiding in strange places? must be because they were busy injecting the free-base marijuana!
Can't make this stuff up

Shame the South will never rise again because if it did, we could finish the job properly this time around
>>
>>1059940
What does the transportation of goods have to do with commuters who need 2.5 tons of steel to drag their skinny ass to office and back every day, or to buy a quart of milk?

Literally no cyclist ever said anything against transporting goods by road.
>>
>>1060078
>Literally no cyclist ever said anything against transporting goods by road.
see >>1059934
>>
>>1060082
That post has nothing to do with what I said in my post.
>>
>>1060087
It's a cyclist mocking transportation concerns of mayor which include over the road freight.
>>
>>1060090
No it's mocking people, and the infrastructure that they need, who use massive 2 ton metal cages that take up tons of space for single occupancy travel.
>>
>>1059857
I saw that on the news. City will be fucked for a while.

>>1059933
Maybe the city will ramp up MARTA funding and get some more train stations around the city.
>>
>>1060130

The city already did exactly that. We need everyon but the city to do the same, now.
>>
>>1060099
Nothing wrong with single occupancy travel. I cage and bike but mostly cage for privacy. Some of us hate sharing space, don' know why foamers can't understand that. Last thing I want is someone trying to socialize with me on public transit. Always hated having to get into crammed buses and trains like a sardine, despite admiring the vehicles themselves.
>>
>>1060138
There's nothing wrong with single occupancy travel. Bikes are pretty much exclusively single occupancy. However doing it in fuckhueg metal cages is a problem when there is a limited amount of space.
>>
>>1060138
>Last thing I want is someone trying to socialize with me on public transit.
Are you an extremely attractive female?

No, you're not otherwise you'd have said "hit on me" or something, and you'd already know how they deal with this - massive headphones.

You're a slightly overweight pasty male nerd, and you're fantasizing.
>>
>>1060144
We could free up a lot of space if we shifted people's work schedules so we didn't have huge chunk of people going and leaving at same time.
>>
>>1060146
Or we could start using vehicles that make much more sense and take up much less space for those single occupancy trips. The cars still need space even when not at use.
>>
>>1060145
No I'm just very antisocial and introverted. Strangers approaching me in public or on transit piss me off. Headphones don't work effectively against the lower class people as a sign of "fuck off" they still want to blabber and make noise. Even if I'm not talked to, the simple gesture of someone going out of their way to sit next to me on a half empty bus with a lot of open seats makes me angry. I'm more like an underweight brown male nerd by the way.

>>1060144
>>1060148
That's what garages are for, if space is such a concern. I'm not fond of surface parking lots and prefer garages integrated into buildings or pushed underground.
>>
>>1060159
>Strangers approaching me in public or on transit
This doesn't happen, you're out of your mind. If you're talking about panhandlers just ignore them or mumble something like no
>>
>>1060162
Beggars, drug addicts, scammers, born again Christians, stuff like that for the most part.
>>
>>1060146
Yes, lets totally rearrange business and society's schedule just so traffic is a little bit better. Do you organize this by industry? Schools now 8-3, general finance 9-5, law 10-6, construction 11- 7, manufacturing 12 - 8? Or are you assigned a work time based on your birthday or something? Positions at companies randomly assigned a shift to a random block of time on 24 hour clock?

Seems totally reasonable so that we can all take twenty minutes off our commute in our car designed for four people but really just having single occupant.
>>
>>1060172
Or how about people come to work when they feel like it and leave once they're done for the day. It may come as a huge shock to middle management but majority of office workers don't need to work strictly 9 - 5. You could assign core business hours when everyone has to be at work and reachable but that could easily be few hours in the middle of the day. Like 11 - 14 for example.

This obviously doesn't apply for manufacturing or other jobs that strictly require presence at certain times.

Or even better would be the nightmare of every micro managing middle manager ever and letting people work from home. Again most office jobs don't actually require physical presence at the office as long as you've got a laptop and a reliable internet connection.
>>
>>1060172
1. They already do that for schools
2. Construction and manufacturing don't need fixed hours, they could do it at 4 AM in most places
3. I work from home regularly and the world didn't collapse, stop pretending every job is retail
>>
>>1060176
This desu, people would naturally fall into some distribution based on sleep schedules and social lives and any high traffic periods would diffuse as people shifted times to avoid them.
>>
>>1060172
Hours aren't as fixed as they used to be.

>>1060176
>>1060180
Pretty much these. A lot of office jobs can be effectively worked from home now. Even with retail most businesses open a bit later like at 9 or 10 in the morning and close at 9 or 10 at night, and most retail workers have unconventional schedules and 5 hour shifts that fall outside of the traditional "rush hour."

Hell, the office I work at, most people work 8-5 but since each employee has their own key to the building, they could literally work from the evening into the early morning if they really wanted to, or even come in on a Sunday.
>>
>>1060159
>>That's what garages are for, if space is such a concern

that only addresses the space concern when parked. Which is a huge problem, too, but only half the concern. a single occupant takes up the space of the seat, but the vehicle is maybe 8 times that size even for a "compact" car. the space on the road is a huge problem, too. why force marbles through a funnel when grains of sand flow freely?
>>
/n/ is suppossed to be about planes, boats, and trains. Not communists jerking off to planned economies and societies while forcing their standards of utility on everyone else.
>>
>>1060011
dat security fence...LOL
>>
>>1060203
you forgot about bikes. it's primarily about bikes, who have other people's standards of utility forced on them.
>>
File: tango14.jpg (60KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
tango14.jpg
60KB, 700x544px
>>1060202
May I introduce to you:

The Commuter Cars Tango is all-electric urban car that seats two people in tandem. Being only a meter wide and 2.5 meters long - around the dimensions of a motorcycle, and likewise can share a lane depending on the jurisdiction of the area. The awkward tall profile makes it look like it has a high center of gravity and prone to tipping over, but this is not the case as the car actually has a very low center of gravity as it has 2 thousand pounds worth of batteries in the undercarriage.

I have no idea if it's even manufactured anymore but I think George Clooney and some of the Google guys still have theirs. Most small cars like the Smart Car and Fiat 500, while still short, are not really that much narrower than average cars, and still require a full lane because of the way the seats are configured - side by side. If every SOV commuter drove a car that seats only one person or two in tandem, roadway capacity can be increased by a factor of 3 or 4. Parking lot capacity could be tripled. But it would take automakers some time before they attempt to market narrow cars. I've seen a few major automakers attempt a single occupant car concepts the last time I checked, Nissan had a pretty cool one from what I remembered.
>>
>>1060264
I'd just assume everyone rode motorcycles/e-bikes/mopeds/bicycles to this, but I guess people need better weather protection.

but yeah, compared to normal cars, bring on the tandems
>>
American infrastructure at its finest

Apparently this is a main transit artery, no way in or out without it

Good thing you have public transportation railways to pick up the slack, right?
>>
>>1059999
>In winter homeless people have lit a fire for someone unknown reason
>>
>>1060269
It's Atlanta we're talking about, and it's already spring. Weather's already summer-tier in the southeast.
>>
>>1060269
>march in georgia
>fucking late march
>winter
What is think? :DD
>>
>>1060275
>>1060333
Atlanta resident here, it was about 74 F and 100% humidity at the exact time the fire began
>>
>all these homeless sympathizers on /r/

Holy shit you all are the leftist stereotype you pretend youre not.
>>
>>1060422
>/r/
?
>>
>>1060006
>Letting hobos camp under freeways
bravo
>>
>>1060422
>if you dont fit the truck driving, trailer parking living, dubya voting steriotype cuckservative, youre a liberal
>>
>>1060269
Looks like somebody failed geography class. Dont quit your day job bruh
>>
>>1059857

That assumes it wasn't a MARTA foamer employee at the yard tossing an incendiary into the pipe pile.

Though that area was always sketchy, with the worst trannies in town working the IHOP near there.
>>
File: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
>>1060264
vroum vroum
>>
>>1060159
Nobody gives a shit about you anon, you're never more invisible and non-existent than on transit, stop justifying your fucking cagerness with bullshit about you being introverted and antisocial
>>
>cager cager cager
fuck off and die you poor sack of shit.
>>
>>1060668
Please fuck off to your containment board, /o/
>>
>>1059857
Our infrastructure planning is bad.....this is the only main corridor for cars/trucks/motorcycles.....not to mention an appalling lack of bike lanes...Georgia is full of idiots in that regard.....

I wish we had a maglev elevated system nationwide as well as dedicated commercial trucking segregated routes.....Japan and england have some good ideas about planning their communities near & around their train stations.....

Federal regulations should mandate changes because the states suck and have no political interest in improving transportation diversity & quality......

Every side walk with a curb should be demolished and rebuilt with a multi use walk/run/bike/handicap lane.......
>>
File: 1489370373728.png (467KB, 1151x734px) Image search: [Google]
1489370373728.png
467KB, 1151x734px
>>1060668
Found the cager.
>>
>>1060774
Most trucks go around it.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.