[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bqg/ - Bicycle Questions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 57

File: wew.jpg (19KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
19KB, 337x450px
bqg/ - Bike Questions General

old thread here: >>1054163

links 4 u
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/
http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help
>>
Just moved to nyc. didnt bring my car so picked up an 10 year old specialized road bike off craigslist. how do i into bike ownership and commuting
>>
>>1057867
>bike ownership
learn how take care of your bike
will eventually need to know how to do these things, in order of importance:
change a tube
lube a chain
adjust brakes
replace a chain
position saddle and bars properly
rewrap bars
repack bearings
redo cables

always use common sense when doing stuff, bikes aren't hard to understand
check out sheldonbrown.com for all the information you'll ever need
also, look up rj the bike guy on youtube, he has good demo videos for fixing stuff

>commuting
you should get fenders to keep water and road grit from splashing up on you
get a rack and a pannier to keep your stuff it, it will be much more comfortable than a backpack
get used to riding in traffic and learn how to position yourself to take control of a lane
look for calm, safe routes to get from A to B
keep your bike in good shape all the time, and keep spare parts around
carry a patch kit and a pump
use a good lock and lock your bike properly using the modified sheldon method
>>
>>1057871
Thanks. Not OP but I am picking up a Planet x baby blue frame tomorrow. This helped.
>>
>>1057842
Guys, where do I put my twig and berries in bib shorts? I usually swipe them all to the right, but climbs I end up crushing my right walnut against the edge of the saddle nose.
>>
>>1057882
Up and to the side
>>
Would a kind soul here help me understand what the differences between these bikes is? I haven't been keeping up with MTB stuff the past five or eight years and I don't know these specs but the bikes look pretty similar and cost similar. Thanks

https://www.raleighusa.com/tokul-4524

https://www.raleighusa.com/ziva-expert-1843
>>
Hey guys - I got a full Ultegra 10-speed group for about $200. It LOOKS like it'll fit on my 7-speed wheels, but I'm not sure.

Any way to know before I tear it apart? Any experience with this?
>>
>>1057907
They're fairly similar but the Tokul is more suited to rough and aggressive riding, it has slightly slacker geometry, more suspension travel (it has an air spring too so easily adjustable and lighter, not sure if the Ziva is coil or air), wider bars and a shorter stem, a 1x drivetrain (single chainring will mean better chain retention and simpler shifting), and the frame and some of the components are going to be tougher than the Ziva and able to take more of a beating.

>>1057908
I'm 99.8% sure that you wouldn't be able to put a 10 speed cassette on your wheel and I'm like 85% sure that a wheel that will take one will be too wide for your frame.
>>
>>1057909
Fuuuu.... knew it too much to hope my lucky buy would fit my $300 bike... Guess I'll build a new-ish one.
>>
>>1057910
Well, if that's a really good deal and your frame is steel then you could spread the rear end open, I think up to about 5mm is a good idea (e.g. 126mm to 130mm) but others may chime in about that. A new rear wheel won't cost you that much.
>>
>>1057909
Thanks for the comparison, much appreciated
>>
>>1057882
File name lol

How is it that people universally attempt to argue that lycra shorts are more comfortable than gym shorts and regularly there is confusion as to where to place your phallus?
>>
File: me at the tarck.jpg (284KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
me at the tarck.jpg
284KB, 1000x1000px
>>1057821
Cheers, that's what I figured I'll look for 58 to 60s instead.

>you may want to start off with something more upright

This might be stupid but part of the appeal was you're quite leaned forward to me, I'm mainly interested in cycling for better motorcycle fitness and I like and ride motorcycles with clip ons and leaned forward positions so it seems like a good way to work on their similar requirements.

>you may want a chromoly frame

I was looking for steel bikes but old school ten speeds and what not are quite overpriced here because trendiness and what not, often they were more expensive than what seem to be much more modern and better ex-racing bikes.

I'm totally 100% aware you don't need the latest and greatest kit and it's all bout the rider, It's just I don't see the point in paying the same price for 20 year old bikes when apparently you can get a modern drivetrain and carbon wheels for the same price.

Thanks for the help.
>>
What do you guys think of using a normal road frame with an SRAM Automatix?

Automatic 2 speed gear hub.

It's going to be like a regular single speed but with an easier time getting up on hills/going from standstill to speed.
>>
>>1057983
It also removes the only advantages a single speed has, low weight, low maintenance, elegance and simplicity.
To make your single speed go up hill or accelerate fast, reduce weight (on your bike and yourself), go with a lower gear (you can learn to pedal fast, but you can't teach your knees not to blow out), get clipless pedals and optimize your fit.

I've ridden across mountains with camping gear on a single speed with 42/16 ratio and never had to stop and walk before my riding partner with his 30-gear trekking bike. He did manage to go faster on the flats with a tailwind or on declines.
>>
>>1057992
>weight
It's only 300-350 grams more or so.
Still weight, but way less than a casette+derailleur+cables+front gears.

>low maintenance
Automatic hubs are pretty much no maintenance.

>elegance
It's still as elegant.

>Simplicity
An automatic hub is simplicity.
>>
Anyone riding a lot got patches of rough dry skin on their ass cheeks? Feels almost like final stages of a healing road rash, like I could peel it off if I scratched hard enough.
I thought it might be from me sitting on my ass all day at work, but I've been doing that for years and only noticed this recently.
>>
>>1057983
Honestly I would never get a bicycle that switches gears without my input
>>
File: 1490127773279.jpg (313KB, 612x716px) Image search: [Google]
1490127773279.jpg
313KB, 612x716px
Is it true no one will ever respect me if I don't shave my legs?
>>
>>1058094
less people will accept you if you shave your legs
its a sacrifice you make for the sport
>>
>>1058094
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZnrE17Jg3I

yfw it literally matters more than spending 10k on an aero bike
>>
>>1058094
Depends if you actually race, I'd imagine. Some of the fastest people I've ridden with on bunch rides had hairy legs, no-one ever said anything or gives a fuck.
>>
>>1058094
leg shaving gives you that last little bit of aero advantage, but I do it in the summertime because it makes cleaning road crud off your legs easier and makes for more convenient wound dressing in the event of the crash.
>>
File: 8-Vertex.jpg (200KB, 1121x674px) Image search: [Google]
8-Vertex.jpg
200KB, 1121x674px
This is more of a /bbg/ question, but I don't necessarily want to start a new one-

I'm a roadie, but I'm interested in buying a hardtail XC Mountain Bike for racing and just to have something to screw around with on trails.

Budget is $1000- obviously my options for anything decent will be in the used market. I want a 2x drivetrain, hydraulic brakes and air suspension. Just wondering if anyone has any particular models I should be on the lookout for. I have nothing against 26" wheels, but for racing it seems like 29ers are superior.
>>
>>1058172
New, the Giant Fathom is right around 1000 bucks.
>>
General opinion on Vittoria?
>>
>>1058197
Thanks, that definitely looks like a well-equipped bike for the price, and does fit my criteria. Will definitely keep it in mind.
>>
any good single person, compact, light tents for lightweight travelling?
>>
>>1058202
Anything but top range sucks ass
>>
Guys, I broke _another_ spoke just now. They both gave out by the nipple, without heavy hits to the wheel - the one today on a steep climb I believe. The guys fixing it used the "specific tool" to see if the wheel (rear, Alexrims ATD470) was fucked up, but it seems it was made properly. Me pops says the spokes are wonky. Is this true or should I worry?
Can't afford no Mavic wheels.
>>
How do I know if my chain needs lube
>>
>>1058212
Are they aluminium? If so get them all swapped out, they're not worth the small weight saving as they're weak as fuck and corrode. If they're brass nipples then I'd imagine the spoke tension would have to be way too high to break one, the shop should have a tension meter to check that.
>>
>>1058214
It does
>>
>>1058214
Can you hear it? Then it needs lube.
>>
>>1057871
>learn how to position yourself to take control of a lane

Right. thats a good way to get road raged.
>>
>>1057867
By not buying stolen bikes that belong to someone else and getting a MTA pass.

>>1057871
>learn how take care of your bike
No one has room to do that shit in a tiny apartment in NYC.

>look for calm, safe routes to get from A to B
>NYC
You're really funny Anon.

>>1057877
Why are you buying a frame if you don't know the first thing about bicycle mechanics? I hope you drop a chain and your rear derailer gets caught in the spokes.

>>1057882
>putting twigs and berries in your shorts
For what reason?

>>1057883
The simple solution is remove twig and berries.

>>1057907
One is a cross country bike, one is a trail bike.

>>1057908
>It LOOKS like it'll fit on my 7-speed wheels
I don't even.

>>1057910
Why don't you just post some information about your bike instead of being a retard and saying things that can't be verified.

>>1057944
I feel sorry for people (are they actually really people, seem subhuman to me) with a phallus

>>1057947
Clip-ons are casual tier bicycling. Handlebars above seat height are for casuals. And if you wanted motorcycle fitness you'd probably be better off doing MTB.

>>1057983
Are you an American and too dumb to operate a shifter? Those are for 5 year olds.

>>1057992
>I've ridden across mountains with camping gear on a single speed with 42/16 ratio
Sounds dumb and hipster.

>>1058006
On what planet do normal hubs weigh over 2 pounds? Even Jupiter only has 2 and a half times the gravity of Earth.

>>1058094
Yes, they will call you a dyke feminist lesbian SJW if you don't shave.

>>1058111
Hairy legs are disgusting though.

>>1058138
And you usually only see small children talking to apes at the zoo. No one is going to say anything to a monkey that is clearly incapable of speech.

>>1058170
Just admit you do it because it feels good.

>>1058172
This is a /bbg/ question.
>>>/bbg/

>>1058202
It's shit.

>>1058206
A credit card.

>>1058209
And those are too expensive.

>>1058212
You're fat.
>>
>>1058214
It needs it.

>>1058219
Or if you take what he said at face value, the spokes broke, not the nipples.

>>1058236
Better than being caged
>>
>>1058239
>On what planet do normal hubs weigh over 2 pounds?
Let's stick to metric. 2 pounds is about 900 grams so no idea where you got that number from. He says the auto hub weighs 300-350 grams more than a single speed hub. A derailer hub doesn't weight much more than a single speed one however the other necessary parts add up to way more than 350 grams, shit it's going to add more than that 2 pounds.
>>
>>1058242
>It also removes the only advantages a single speed has, low weight
>It's only 300-350 grams more or so. Still weight, but way less than a casette+derailleur+cables+front gears.

That's exactly what he said, it's not as light as single speed but still lighter than a derailer drivetrain. A derailer setup is going to weigh at least 1kg more than a single speed.
>>
is reflective tape (on fenders) for freds?
>>
>>1058271
Yes, but we should embrace our inner freds. Better fred than dead after all.
>>1058239
Thanks for making yourself filterable I guess.
>>
I'm 25, turning 26 in 4 months.

Is it too late to become a pro cyclist?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490409639101.jpg (114KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490409639101.jpg
114KB, 960x528px
Was gifted this bike and i wanna fix it up. Needs a kickstand and it doesn't shift through gears too smoothly. Where would I find info on where to get parts to restore it?

Thanks!
>>
>>1058279
Your new bike looks to be in ok shape. Lube the chain and also clean and lube the pivots on both dérailleurs and also try to get some lube into the cable housing where the cable enters. Lube your brake pivots too. That might help,with shifting. You really probably need to adjust your dérailleur though to get it to shift smoothly, possibly may need to replace cables if they are corroded or stiff.

Lots of anons will tell you to research Sheldon Brown's website. It is good but for repairs and service I like the park tool website. It has good step by step instructions with pictures.
>>
Could someone point me in the right direction to find a decent+cheap 26" single speed rear wheel?
I've picked up another 90's rigid mtb from a yard sale and I have a strange desire to make it a single speed commuter.
I'm also considering a flip-flop hub.
>>
File: 1482420100166.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482420100166.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
when it says 'bike comes partially factory assembled', what does it mean exactly?
i assume it means 'just take the box to your lbs and have them give you the staredown for not buying a bike from them' but how else am i going to learn to do my own work if i don't just jump in?

related: http://www.evo.com/outlet/urban/traitor-crusade-bike.aspx#image=100794/431243/traitor-crusade-bike-2016-glistening-green.jpg
>>
>>1058283
It usually means "the parts that would take a specific tool come assembled". You'll just probably need a hex key set, a phillips screwdriver, and a little internet assistance.
>>
>>1058287
... and cassette/FW removal tool... and a chain whip... and cone wrenches... and a truing stand... and a pedal wrench...
>>
>>1058283
>when it says 'bike comes partially factory assembled', what does it mean exactly?
It means the companies making the bike are trying to circumvent the bike shops by selling to you directly at MSRP while not giving a shit whether or not you can actually assemble the bike properly or even safely.

>but how else am i going to learn to do my own work if i don't just jump in?
There's nothing wrong with this approach, but you will need access to things like truing stands and other small tools that you aren't likely to have on-hand.
>>
>>1058289
Don't forget the headset press and maybe a blow torch for good measure
>>
>>1058289
What? No. The parts that would require those tools are the ones that already come assembled. That's what I was talking about in my previous post.
>>
>>1058283
in my experience it usually means that the headset and fork are mounted already, and that the crankset and bottom bracket are in
basically the frame is together already
if you want to learn to work on a bike then you can probably get it together, just take it to a shop and ask if they can check it over before you ride it hard

>>1058289
>a pedal wrench
>not using two cone wrenches duct taped together + a hammer
its like you don't even break your own tools
>>
>>1058276
Unless you already have some kind of strong sporting/fitness background or some kind of freak mutant genes, probably too late.

Never too late to start racing as an amateur though.
>>
>>1058303
>in my experience it usually means that the headset and fork are mounted already, and that the crankset and bottom bracket are in
>basically the frame is together already
>if you want to learn to work on a bike then you can probably get it together, just take it to a shop and ask if they can check it over before you ride it hard

gon' buy that bike then.
>>
>>1058296
>dis nigga thinks hubs come adjusted and wheels come true out of the box
>>
>>1058311
On $1300 bikes they do, it's not some department store tier BSO.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>1058315
>On $1300 bikes they do
I don't know what's funnier; that you think this is true or that you're implying a $1300 bike is fancy.
>>
>>1058315
If you're wheels are machine-built, they'll need their hubs adjusted and at least minimal truing.
>>
>>1058317
It is true and I'm not implying it's fancy, it's just not a cheap bike.

>>1058318
I wouldn't be surprised if that thing has sealed hubs, but even if they're cup and cone it's highly likely that they will be fine from the factory. Also the wheels will be functionally true, perhaps not millimetre accurate but a wheel won't stay that way anyway. There's also nothing inherently wrong with machine built, they're capable of building wheels as good or better than people.
>>
File: laughter-blaster.jpg (18KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
laughter-blaster.jpg
18KB, 460x276px
>>1058325
>There's also nothing inherently wrong with machine built, they're capable of building wheels as good or better than people.
>>
>>1058325
>It is true
And how many production builds do you have under your belt to validate this blatantly false statement? Or is it that you/your shop's standards are just that horrendous? I'm not saying bust out the tensometer or anything, but fuck you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>1058331
>tensometer
tensiometer* god fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>1058219
>>1058240
Spokes broke.
That being said, one gave out yesterday and the other, like, six months ago. I'm still kinda perplexed about it, since I've never broke a spoke prior and it's a fancy new bike that cost lotsa money.
>>
>>1058331
I've never personally bought a brand new bike, although I have friends that have and none have ever had wheels that were out of true. I have bought one brand new wheelset, fairly high end although cheap for what they are and they happen to be machine built, they arrived absolutely perfectly true.

How about instead of asking me for my anecdotal evidence, that you're probably not going to believe anyway, you explain to me just what it is about machine building that you think makes them incapable of making wheels that are true? They just do what a human does except quicker, and depending on the particular human they can do it far more accurately. If anything you're an idiot for thinking that all hand built wheels are inherently true, unless I knew the particular person I'd rather put my faith in a machine.
>>
UKfag here, what would the average rate be for getting wheels trued and tensioned?
>>
File: Capture.png (129KB, 705x446px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
129KB, 705x446px
What does W/CG mean here? With ChainGuard?
>>
>>1058404
Edinburgh Bike Co-OP charges 30 quid a wheel last I checked.
>>
>>1058420
>With ChainGuard?
yes
>>
>>1058393
Different person here but I don't care if my wheels were made by hands or machines as long as they are true.

The main concern in the past (to my knowledge) is that when machines do It, the spokes can be twisted as the machines cannot sense that happening.
>>
>>1058422
fuck me, just done some googling, and seems that the average is £10-15 per wheel.
>>
>>1058422
what in fuck is a ''''''''''quid''''''''''
>>
>>1058426
It's another word for "fucking google it"
>>
>>1058422
>>1058425
My local shop has the cost at £10 on their site, I assume that's per wheel too.

Here it is, in case you wanted a rough idea of what other things might cost: https://www.highwaycycles.co.uk/pages/repair-pricelist
>>
>>1058426

it's shorthand for "quid pro quo"
>>
>>1058393
Thanks for being reasonable.
People tend to be dumb
>>
>>1058426
About one tenth of a tenner.
>>
>>1058431
>he's never heard of QBP
Where do foreigners get their bike parts? Ali baba?
>>
>>1058311
>Buys Walmart bikes
>>
File: number4missing.png (1MB, 1049x722px) Image search: [Google]
number4missing.png
1MB, 1049x722px
>>1057842

Hey F A M

so...

I got the harbor freight chain breaker and I'm trying to figure some things out.

I wanted to take off and put back on a chain on a crappy 20" scrap bike

But this tool seems unsuitable for the job for several reasons

-1. the tool punch pin is over sized in relation to the rivet size of the chain , causing it to bind

-2. there is no way to force reverse the tool pin , back it out

-3. the design is flawed for bicycle use lacking chain guide and other common features , making lining up the chain and pin + rivet a total pain

I already bought a real park ct5 bike chain tool

Just thought it would work but the problem seems to be that it's more for motorcycle than bicycles

I want to return this thing , I'm right yes ?

On the package it states the pin punch size as being 1/8'' (3.175mm) or 0.125 inches , but as measured it is 0.154 inch and the rivet/chain pin was 0.145"

Also says to be used on size #420 ,428,520,525, 530 chains

But I don't know what size that chain is , 20" wheel kids six speed rear derailleur only

Also the chain construction lacks the bushing (not roller) as pictured in the wika page on roller chain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_chain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_chain#/media/File:Roller_Chain_Render_(with_numbers).png

instead the outer links are pressed into apparently replace that function
>>
can i take a "Custom Sunrace, wide range, 10-speed, 11-40t"

from a "
Specialized Stout XC Pro, Hi Lo disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, QR, 28h" hub

and put it on a "Joytech S01 alloy thread type, sealed ball bearing, 32H" hub

that had a "Shimano TZ31 14-34, 7-speed"

i know it looks confusing but wanted to have all the specs in it, so you guys can take a good look,

i got a 10 speed from a friend, and i wanna replace my 7 speed with it, i got the rear derailleur as well, would i be able to do this swap or would i need a new rear hub/wheel?
>>
>>1058576
You can't put a 10spd freewheel on a 7spd hub, no.
>>
>>1058584
fuck, what would be easiest to do so i can fit it?
>>
>>1058585
Getting a new hub
>>
>>1058587
can i just take the hub that the 10 speed is on? i got the whole wheel, its a 29 wheel wheres my 7 speed is on a 26
>>
>>1058585
the easiest would be to get your friends rear wheel since you already got his cassette and mech. You will also need a 10 speed shifter.
>>
>>1058590
i got his wheel, shifter, and derailleur, but his wheel is a 29 so wont fit my frame
>>
File: deliwhite.jpg (129KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
deliwhite.jpg
129KB, 1300x1000px
non- tubeless folding bead tire on UST rim- assuming i can get this to seat and seal is there any downside to running a lighter, non ust tire? I'm a light rider, prefer higher pressure and don't into rock gardens.
>>
>>1058592
also got front sprocket set, and derailleur and shifter, because i wanted to do a 2by10 swap from my 3by7, also its way higher quality, thats the main reason i got it
>>
>>1058589
no b/c the spoke count is different. Also the joytech is prob a freewheel and the 10 speed is a cassette. Just buy a cheap 10s rear wheel.
>>
>>1058602
ok i dont know much, didnt know cassette and freewheel was different things lol, i will find a 10speed wheel :D thanks again
>>
There are about a thousand types of chain lube, what do I go for? I see wet, dry, wax, etc
>>
>>1058614
finish line dry in 90% of conditions
>>
>>1058602
anyone ever heard of a Linus Next 26" 8/9/10 speed wheel? is it any good?
>>
>>1058592

fyi 28" wheels and 29" wheels are the same although 29 is usually used in the mtb world.
with non superwide rims it's usually no problem to mount street tires on "29er" rims
>>
>>1058633
its a mtb im building, idk if i ever said that
>>
>>1058631
It's a bit shit, you'd probably want to spend at least double that for something half decent but I suppose it'll get you by. Have a look at second hand stuff on Ebay if you can, anything 8 or 9 speed will also take a 10 speed cassette. As well as making sure it's 26" make sure the axle type and width matches, probably 135mm x 9mm QR although your 7 speed wheel may be narrower (in which case you're screwed if the frame is aluminium).
>>
>>1058641
yeh im member in a 10k group on facebook so i asked if someone has a wheel for sale on there :)
>>
>>1058635

a damn I mixed you up with another guy.
thought you where talking about road stuff.

on the plus side , there are some sick ebay deals on higher end 26er wheels.
got a nice n75 funworks wheelset for 50 €
>>
>>1058647
ooh nice, im in denmark thoe, not much ebay activity here, unless i want shipped from uk or so
>>
Any suggestions on how to transport a shirt on a bike so that it remains crisp and pressed? I currently drive to work on a Monday with a week's supply of fresh shirts, stuffing them into my backpack on the Friday to take them home for washing.

I work at a very old fashioned firm with a very exacting dress code and management absolutely will cause problems if my clothes don't look freshly pressed (it's worth it for the excellent wages and employee benefits but it does get tiresome at times).
>>
>>1058614
>dry
usually teflon based, works well in everything but heavy rain
>wet
can collect dust and grime more, works very well in heavy rain, not great otherwise
>>
>>1058614
>>1058665
I personally use a dry PTFE lube with an overcoat of ACF50, it resists rain well but doesn't get crapped up because any dirt it does collect gets flung off as the chain rounds the sprocket (I do use hub gears, not sure if it would crap up a derailleur)
>>
is a fox f100 32 any good? over a SR Suntour XCT
>>
Guys, I noticed I got my wheel quite badly out of true. I don't know why, I haven't ridden that hard (it's a commuter), maybe just doing some endo-turns and similar tricks. But there's this maybe 15 - 20 cm section that is badly out of true (about 1 cm). I've tensioned spokes quite a lot already and tried to bend the rim back with my foot. But it doesn't help. I'm just wondering that if I take it to lbs will they be able to do more than that or is the wheel fucked? Or do you have some pro tips? The wheel is Stan's ZTR.

>>1058668
At least I have nothing to complain with my 110 mm Float 32
>>
>Shimano Hydraulic Brakes
I was given a pair of second-hand Shimano M396 brakes that a great save for one issue; the previous owner must have added fluid to the system to eek out the last bit of use from worn out pads. With new pads, the lever throw is super short and overly stiff. What is the easiest way to remove the excess fluid in the system?
>>
>>1058714
Remove the bleed screw on the lever and push the pistons back in, you might have some fluid pour out from the lever so be ready with some tissue.
>>
>>1058614
dry lube is generally what you want unless you're fording rivers like a man with a wagonload of grandfather clocks.
>>
>>1058721
Cheers!
>>
Looking to spend ~$200 CAD on a MTB. Am I going to be able to get a hardtail at this price or should I just save my money? What are my limitations going to be as far as a bit of urban MTB-fuckery goes without having any sus?
>>
>>1058741
Sure, hardtail mtbs can be had for $200 in pretty good shape used.
>>
>>1058741
No where near enough for something that isn't a piece of shit, even second hand. You'll want more like 3 times that much at least.
>>
>>1058743
This will be my first bike since age 12. I'm just going to be using it to commute, maybe do a bit of jumping over stairs and whatnot. I plan on messing around on this bike and seeing if I want to drop the dough on something better.
>>
>>1058614
i use dry lube on my weekend road bike and wet lube on my commuting road bike
>>
>>1058747
>>1058741
you may be able to find a decent hardtail, but be careful
really old suspension forks don't work all that well
they're nowhere near as good as modern air suspension forks
and it the seals are worn then its a pain to get it working well

you may be better off buying a 90s rigid mtb
they're cheap and won't have any issues if the drivetrain is ok
>>
File: IMG_5879_zpssqfulsnx.jpg (357KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5879_zpssqfulsnx.jpg
357KB, 1024x683px
I've ordered nearly every part for a bicycle, but never a fork. I'm refurbishing a bike for a buddy and the fork is bent and I want to order one. What are things I need to look for? It's a 1 inch threaded fork with canti posts for a 26 wheel. Pic related
>>
>>1058771
Yeah, I tried one out today priced at $175 and I did find the suspension to be a bit rough. It was also way too heavy. What are some good brands to watch for in the 90s rigid/hardtail category?
>>
>>1058834
tons of brands made good aluminum and even cromoly frames- you wanna be looking at the drivetrain and don't go below shimano stx-rc. you want shimano lx or xt. These frames don't have dick brakes or air forks and will all be 3x so you are better off saving about $500 and buying a modern hardtail. Unless you want retro- I have one of each and the 90s is fun but worlds apart from a current mtb.
>>
File: SA0034_MICRO_SCOOTER_BLACK01.jpg (153KB, 812x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SA0034_MICRO_SCOOTER_BLACK01.jpg
153KB, 812x1000px
>me riding bicycle on pedestrain crossing to cross road (usually there's also a bicycle icon in the crossing lights but its just the walk icon)
>australian cop car uses siren and does a u-turn and goes around the block because it's a one way street
>me get spooked because i think it's me they want or maybe a snatch and grab happened i dunno

So I need purchase advice for Adult size scooter. Is this good? Today I would've payed a $300+ Aussie fine (Just google bicycle fine australia footpath) for using a bicycle on the "walk icon" while crossing the road but I fled and evaded them. I have 18 titanium screws and a fractured leg but I need leg powered transportation for shopping and going to community college.
>>
File: oregon trail nightmare mode.jpg (72KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
oregon trail nightmare mode.jpg
72KB, 640x481px
>>1058733
>unless you're fording rivers like a man with a wagonload of grandfather clocks.
>>
Why is it so hard to find a cheap bike that is not junk? I live in southern Germany and I'm looking for a bike to get me to work and back, 40km round trip. In the 100 to 200€ range all I can find are shitty vintage German made road bikes and bikes you need I spend at least another 100 bucks on to get them on the road.

There used to be a time when you can buy a nice used bike for around 100€ that will last you another decade.
>>
>>1058910
>There used to be a time when you can buy a nice used bike for around 100€ that will last you another decade.

Indeed there was; the rest of the human race refers to it as "the 1970s."
>>
>>1058834
>way to heavy
that's going to be hard to avoid unless you spend more and buy new
my 90s rigid, an old gt, weighs well over 30 lbs
>>
>>1058895
cross the road in the traffic lane which is where you should be riding anyways
>>
>>1058910
>buy a nice used bike for $100 that'll last a decade
you can still do that in some places, but its getting harder and harder
modern bikes are incredibly good but very complex and there's really no reliable low end, there's a jump between BSOs and nice mid-level bikes, since that's what the market supports
most older bikes like the old 70s and 80s bikes have either been wrecked, poorly maintained, or are shiny and refurbished and cost a fortune
>>
Will indexed shifting ghost shift under heavy load with a flexy frame? I'm thinking of upgrading but the frame's a Vitus 979, which is notoriously floppy. It's not going to be much of an upgrade from friction shifters if indexed shifting will also ghost shift. In theory, it shouldn't, but I thought I'd ask if anybody has had experience with this.
>>
what's the deal with moustache bars in bikepacking?
What advantages do they have over normal drops?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
i bought this genesis city bike back in late january and i'm on my 3rd rear tube and it's about to become the 4th since it's fucking flat yet again
what could be the problem?
very lightly used so far,never hooned it and i'm the only one who uses it
the tire itself doesn't look like it has any sort of damage
the only reasonable explination is that someone is fucking with me because my apartment building has lockers in the parking lot and that's where i keep it,pretty unlikely but plausible
>>
>>1058980
It's kind of sad to see the bike market like this.
I used to purchase pickup loads of old bikes from scrap yards about fifteen years ago and sell the parts on ebay. I guess that gen of people have cleaned out their garages.

I remember buying bridgestones for $4 because "non suspension bike, brah".
>>
>>1059491 #
Are you changing the flat? If so, do you know what you're doing? How many rides are you able to go on before you notice the tire is flat again? Are you patching the tube or replacing? Are you locating the source of the puncture (thorn, glass, metal) and removing it? Are you pumping your tires to the recommended psi prior to riding?

>>1059489
Bike packers like flared drops where the drops are wider than the tops. They are nice and wide for load stability and tight handling. They look a bit like moustache bars but they are just extra wide flared drops.
>>
>>1059499
i get my bud to change them,i trust him enough
depends,3rd tube lasted an hour before it started deflating
replacement tubes,patching didn't work
no
no
the guy has been fixing up my bikes for the last 5 years,no reason for him to start ripping me off now
>>
>>1059500
If get a new flat very shortly after the repair every time there is probable something sharp and probably tiny stuck on the inside or poking throughnyour tire. Or maybe there is a sharp spot on your rim. When you replace yor tube you should not where the hole is relative to the tire and wheel and see if you can find something that might be making the hole there.

Otherwise are you riding through thorn bushes or glass? Are you inflating them enough? If you don't put enough air in the tire it is easy to get flats.mare you taking big jumps, laying down sick skids or riding straight into curbs?
>>
>>1058276
Only by 10 years or so.
Better luck next time!
>>
>>1058977
I've got this Schwinn Moab that's like 28 lbs in large frame size. And I don't think it's been particularly light at it's time.
>>
https://www.dtswiss.com/Resources/Tech-PDF/Tire_Pressure_Dimension

this chart says it would be fine to mount srsly phat tires (I have some 48c ones lying around, thinking of using them for touring the great divide this summer) on my 622-19 rims

sheldon says not to do much more than 44c on 19 rims though, who do I trust?
>>
>>1059561
Sheldon's estimates err on the side of caution, just be aware that if you run a really wide tire on a narrow rim, you'll need to inflate the tire to a higher pressure to keep it from getting bent over the rim when you corner - see the little diagram in the top right corner of the posted image for what I mean
>>
I'm trying to buy a bike for moderate usage in Atlanta and I have been considering ss/fixies since they don't have a lot of trouble that other bikes have and also since they are cheaper. Should I open my horizons to include derailers?

Right now I was considering the Mercier Kilo, Fuji Track, or Windsor Hour. I haven't found much in the way of used bikes on Craigslist but I may go check out some co-ops and see if they have any. Thanks
>>
File: 840X405.jpg (182KB, 840x405px) Image search: [Google]
840X405.jpg
182KB, 840x405px
>>1059562
oops, forgot pic

>>1059563
You'll be fine either way. Derailers are great, and generally when people have issues with them it's because of damage, neglect, or stupidity (lots of people try to adjust their derailers by just randomly turning things without taking a few minutes to learn how a derailer works first).
>>
>>1058041
It's just me then.
>>
>>1059562
aight thanks but I don't need to worry about sidewall blowing or some other major failure?
>>
File: IMAG1480.jpg (896KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1480.jpg
896KB, 1520x2688px
Just went to take the rear wheel off my new thru-axle MTB to remove the dork disc, and the derailleur hanger falls off. The only thing holding the hanger on is the very tiny silver bolt you see, and it's barely even long enough to hold the hanger on, there's probably half a thread engaged. Is this normal???
>>
>>1059586
Was it brand new? Doesn't sound right to me but I also don't see why it would've been replaced with a shorter bolt. Just switch it out for a longer one, it's probably M4 or M5.
>>
Does anyone make a downtube shifter for a nexus 8?
>>
>>1059598
Jtek do a bar end shifter, I'm not sure whether it would be mountable on a downtube boss though so you'll have to research that yourself (unless a bar end shifter would work for you instead). It's not cheap though.
>>
I need new qr skewers

I measured my 2015 defy and it looks like its 100 mm front, 135mm rear.

http://www.wiggle.com.au/shimano-wh6800-skewer/

These are listed as 110/140 is that too big or is this a normal thing to have them that length? (Also 163 or 168 mm effective length?)
>>
>>1059660
Length also depends on dropout thickness, so if your dropouts are about 5mm per side then those will do fine.

Some frames and forks have even thicker dropouts (typically MTBs) and need slightly longer skewers. This is why you'll sometimes see skewers where the threaded section sticks out further than normal, they're too long.
>>
need to replace the chain on my fixie. Found a KMC Z8s lying around, anyone think it would do the job or should I get another one?
>>
Is it possible to carry a 12 pack of beer on a bicycle? I hate walking to and from the liquor store.

Should I just switch to something lighter like vodka?
>>
File: kegbike.jpg (59KB, 499x408px) Image search: [Google]
kegbike.jpg
59KB, 499x408px
>>1059690
I can fit 2 6packs of 16 oz cans or 9 pint bottles in my backpack. i do this almost everyday. or you could get this and hail full kegs.
>>
File: IMG_15441[1].jpg (384KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_15441[1].jpg
384KB, 1224x1632px
>>1059599
>Jtek do a bar end shifter, I'm not sure whether it would be mountable on a downtube boss though so you'll have to research that yourself (unless a bar end shifter would work for you instead). It's not cheap though.

I did some more looking around last night and a company called Microshift from Taiwan makes a bar end shifter for Nexus hubs that can be mounted on the frame as well.
>>
I'm looking to buy my first road bike, I found an old cannondale sr400 for $300, most of the components are shimano 105, is that a decent deal?
>>
Why do I feel pain near my stomach when I ride hard? Could I be eating too much or not enough? Is it a muscle I haven't developed?
>>
>>1059705
$300 is pretty steep for a bike with 7 speed downtube shifters. Unless it's in great restored shape and you like that sort of riding, I'd pass. Or try to haggle the seller down to the $200 range.
>>
>>1059690
With a good rack and some competently applied bungee cords you can carry a 24 bottle case. Or 2 on top of each other if you know how to secure a load with a tension belt.
>>
>>1059687
It's a fixie. If your sprocket and chainwheel fit through the chain, you can use it.
>>
>>1059717
The shifters on this one are on the brake levers, so maybe it's been upgraded, the bike hasn't been restored as far as I can tell but it's in pretty good shape
>>
>>1059724
If it's got 105 brifters (brake lever shifters), new tires and the drivetrain is in good shape, it might be worth $300.
>>
>>1059725
From what I can tell all the components are 105 except the brakes which are RX-100
>>
>>1059726
Post a picture
>>
File: bunnygummo.jpg (415KB, 736x1138px) Image search: [Google]
bunnygummo.jpg
415KB, 736x1138px
If i can bunnyhop on flats why can't i manual? I stick my ass out over the rear tire with arms and legs locked, seat all the way down but the front never comes up. Is there a jerk or suspension compression involved?
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 400x300px
>>1059727
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 400x300px
>>1059729
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 400x300px
>>1059729
This is the best one I have of the shifters
>>
>>1059729
>>1059730
pics are shit, but still looks overpriced to me. The dropouts are scratched to hell, and the tires are definitely old. Plus, I just bought a randonneur with 3x10 speed SRAM brifters, hydraulic brakes and the whole touring setup with hub dynamos, B&M lights, rack, fenders, etc. in much better condition for $300.
>>
>>1059735
Any bikes in particular you would suggest looking for in the sub 500 price range? I'm looking at used stuff since I don't think I can get a decent new bike for that price
>>
>>1059744
If at all possible, I'd suggest looking offline.
All good deals I've made were in person, at police auctions or bike flea markets. I've never bought anything I'd consider a great deal over the internet.

There's really not a particular brand I could recommend. You're on the right track, older 105 steel road bikes should be in your budget and be nice to ride, I just think this particular one is a bit overpriced. But if it's close and you like the style, check it out anyway.
>>
>>1059728
You need to lower your body before you move backwards, you should be moving in an L shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWnV4RDzkU
>>
>>1059563
fellow atlantan here.

there's no shortage of people riding single speed here, so I guess you're in good company. but to me, Atlanta's too hilly to ride without gears. not pleasurably, anyway. South GA or Florida, sure. or the midwest. but try going up North av eastbound over by the Masquerade on one gear. The Appalachians, as far away as they are, are still near enough to make some killer hills here before the terrain evens out to the south.
>>
File: 00b0b_4qn24FyWX3I_1200x900.jpg (158KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00b0b_4qn24FyWX3I_1200x900.jpg
158KB, 1200x900px
Should I buy this?
$320 on craigslist
Is my size
claims to be ridden only twice and comes with biking shoes my size
shimano 600
16 spd
I'm not sure if I should just save up until I have about 600 for a better bike or buy this now since I'm not THAT into bikes
>>
>>1059783
not sure, but I think I heard about lugged carbon losing the bond to the metal lugs over time.

someone else here would know better than I.
>>
File: bartcruz.png (141KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bartcruz.png
141KB, 500x375px
are these authentic?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIMANO-Altus-SL-M310-8-Speed-Shifter-Trigger-Set-Rapidfire-Plus-w-Shifter-Cable/172337453018?_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D2d56b99729e9467a8bf100aa8e385716%26pid%3D100508%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26#rwid
>>
File: 1360344972846.png (169KB, 288x363px) Image search: [Google]
1360344972846.png
169KB, 288x363px
If you had a shit streak on your chamois what's the best way to get it off? Could it tear up the shorts if you use the washing machine? I've always washed my cycling clothes by hand.
>>
>>1060215
>Could it tear up the shorts if you use the washing machine?
No??? Read the label, there are instructions on what cycle to use.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXd3jucwk_I

this is what happens when you go too fast
>>
Also this is what happens when you play with too many bike helmets at a store

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WUnCXiXjjE
>>
>>1060227
>linking a durianrider video in a non-troll post
>>
File: arkel-ac-lowrider-front-rack_1.jpg (246KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
arkel-ac-lowrider-front-rack_1.jpg
246KB, 1400x1400px
>>1057842
Hey /n/, quick question about lowriders. I'm converting a bike into a tourer, but the fork does not have eyelets for lowriders. Are there alternatives that use other anchor points (like the attachment for the brakes and fender eyelets)?

If so, are they sturdy/practical? Or should I have my lbs make eyelets for me and buy a regular one?
>>
>>1060393
You have stuff like the Zefal front rider that use clamps and vbrake mounts. I have used one successfuly but:

- i was on road always, never went into bumpier terrain
- i put limited loads on it given that the weight limit is lower than for regular ones.
>>
>>1060394
Thanks. I'll be touring on roads mostly anyway, but what is the weight limit for those?
>>
I just bought my first pair of padded cycling shorts. Is it life changing?
>>
>>1060403
On long rides, yes
>>
How can I take a quick link off a chain with out the special tool
>>
>>1060466
Needle nose pliers. You can also sometimes do it by hand if it's not too tight, fold the chain so you can squeeze the quick link from each end.
>>
File: 1490569275668.jpg (28KB, 375x361px) Image search: [Google]
1490569275668.jpg
28KB, 375x361px
How do I git gud at clipping in? I've never had a single issue clipping out, but I'm making an ass of myself at every stop sign trying to get my cleat back in.

What is the secret?
>>
File: 1234.jpg (68KB, 872x649px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
68KB, 872x649px
Do you lament or are ever jealous of the fact that most young women like this just grow awesome and powerful thighs like this, while you could ride 100 miles a day and still not come close to the same thickness and aesthetic?
>>
>>1060508
Practice, mostly. You line your cleat up with the pedal and push down on it. Depending on what kind of pedal you're using, you might be able to loosen the spring tension to make it a bit easier to get in/out while learning.

>>1060509
speak for yourself, flatlander, my thighs are swole as fuck
>>
>>1060508
Double sided pedals
>>
is it considering littering if you buy actual biodegradable napkins to wipe snot from your nose and throw on the ground while riding?
>>
File: pb-110623-wimbledon1-reax-jw[1].jpg (834KB, 1500x1102px) Image search: [Google]
pb-110623-wimbledon1-reax-jw[1].jpg
834KB, 1500x1102px
>>1060539
>using tissues
>>
>>1060539
previous anon beat me to it, but yeah, you don't need tissues, just shoot snot rockets
>>
>>1060539
Any bystander would think so.
>>
File: 38bf96766965d0399fe4dd6bfeaf48e9.jpg (578KB, 1500x915px) Image search: [Google]
38bf96766965d0399fe4dd6bfeaf48e9.jpg
578KB, 1500x915px
I've been commuting using the shared bike system of the city and think I'm ready to take the next step and buy a bike.

What do you guys think of the Brompton? Thoughts on electric bikes?
>>
Should I go for a bike with a small wheel or a big wheel for commuting?

What's the difference between the two?
>>
What topics should I think about to feel less depressed when I am riding my bike in LA and surrounding areas because so much of the landscape looks degraded and is full of broken people (myself included).
>>
>>1060565
If you pay attention, all folding bike manufacturers advertise that their bikes "ride like a full sized wheels bike", so you can get from that that in general, the bikes with bigger wheels perform better.
You should only buy a folding bike if the advantages of folding will make your life easier (if you need to use a small elevator daily, a folding bike will improve your QoL)
For city commuting, I recommend a bike with a IGH, they are marvelous for start-stop rides with the traffic.
there are IGH folding bikes, like the tern link d7i or the flamingo london.
For big wheels, there are hibrid bikes sold with nexus 8 or similar.
Any bike you use for commuting should have mudguards and something to carry things off your back.
>>
>>1060564
I think that if you're a tool like the people in that photo, then Brompton is a great choice. Otherwise 90s rigid mtb with slicks.
>>
>>1057842
How do i revive old brifters? Got a killer deal on a Trek 1220 with shimano RSX setup but i can only shift "up" the chainrings towards bigger rings, can never go back down...what gives?
>>
>>1060393
look up P-Clamps, they are your best friend for this stuff
>>
I have a new bike with a Sunrace CS8 8-speed cassette which is making a noise. Upon closer inspection I discovered that appart from a minimal wobble of the whole cassette 6th and 7th gear sprockets are slightly bent allowing the chain to rub on the neighbor sprockets. Since it's a new bike I haven't been pushing it hard like my old one and rarely cross chain gears. Can i claim warranty or am I gonna have to dish out for a new cassette?
>>
>>1060588
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=63753

Rsx are well know for their above average degree if re-build-ability. Most of these older shifters have old oil that has hardened and now gums up the claw(pawl) that should spring tightly against indexed grooves and ratchet the mechanism. Without a total rebuild, you must at least remove enough to expose the claw and spray it with degreaser while moving it.
>>
Why does my chain fall off sometimes when I pedal backwards? It looks like it's only halfway on the larger chainring as I do it.
>>
>>1060641
i took it in to the shop and spent about an hour flooding it out with degreaser and cleaner/lubricant and now they're good as new. Didnt have to rebuild anything or take anything apart so i was happy. Feels good having a nice old bike now and not a bodged junker
>>
>>1060793
something to do with voodoo hex magic. sram eagle fixes it, though.
>>
>>1060793
Because the rear derailer is pulling it to the left or right of the chainring, just like it does to move the chain to a different cog in the rear when you pedal forwards.

>>1060828
No, Eagle just fixes the problem of the chain switching cogs in the rear when pedalling backwards (it's not always an issue though).

There's no way to stop the chain moving off the chainring when pedalling backwards (with multiple chainrings) unless the rear derailer is reasonably inline with it or someone invents a bottom guide pulley that moves with the front derailer. With single chainrings you can use a fixed guide pulley or a narrow wide chainring.
>>
i needed to replace my headset bearings, and the older ones were pretty rusted so I couldn't see perfecly what was on them, but i read it as TH MR155 1-1/8 45°X45°
so I got to da bike shop and they sold me ones that had the exact same label but with an added "H5" at the end. Anyone know what these letters mean, should I care at all?
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (9KB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
9KB, 300x221px
Looking to buy new brake pads for my V brakes. Is there much of a stopping power difference between the longer (70mm) pads or the regular short cheapest ones?

Btw are those triple coloured "for superb stopping in all conditions" brakes just a meme? Pic related
>>
>>1060944
They are not a meme. The material used for the pad is much more important than pad length/shape.

Lookup koolstop salmon for quality pads.
>>
I'm restoring an old bike because I'm too poor to get a new one. I've got it rideable (it didn't work at all before), but the chain and cassette need replaced. It's a 70s shogun so i can't exactly just get the right cassette and chain at a store. Should I just replace the whole mechanism, like cassette, chain, and pedals with all new stuff from the store?
>>
>>1060954
Rear gear cassettes came out in the mid-'80s, so your Shogun has a thread-on 5-speed freewheel. Get a basic 5-8 speed chain & a freewheel removal tool. You may need to soak the freewheel in solvent to clean out old, congealed grease. Blow it out with air and drip a viscous lubricant like Phil Wood Tenacious Oil into the mechanism. Shifter & brake cable housings should be replaced if they're old. See RJ The Bike Guy videos for practical demonstrations
>>
>>1060946
Cheers.
>>
File: goats.jpg (254KB, 655x983px) Image search: [Google]
goats.jpg
254KB, 655x983px
>>1060955
Thanks for the in depth answer
>>
File: prius_bikes02[1].jpg (107KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
prius_bikes02[1].jpg
107KB, 750x563px
Is it wrong to transport a bike like pic related? Lacking a proper rack or carrier
>>
>>1060970
Usually you'd want to be under the blanket so you don't get cold.
>>
>>1060970
i do this myself all the time. You dont get to flaunt your nice bike to everyone in trafic, and you have less room in the car. Other than that, your fine IMO..
>>
>>1060968
sauce on pic
>>
>>1060931
Probably hardness scale. But no you should not generally care. But good choice buying from the bike shop, they tend to stock higher quality bearings than the hardware store. Too soft if bearings especially in the heaviest application (bottom brackets) can pulverize.
>>
>>1060968
sauce
>>
I've tried about 20 different times to adjust a cup and cone hub and can never get it right. It's either too loose or too tight. What is the secret ? Does anyone have a good link or video link?
>>
>>1061077
I struggled with the same thing but found that replacing the bearings and applying more grease finally did the trick.
>>
>>1061085
I've done that. Cleaned all the old grease and put bran new bearings and fresh grease .
>>
>>1061086
Are the hubs old? Maybe the races are so worn that "perfect" adjustment is impossible
>>
>>1061077
Check races for wear >>1061091

It will take lots of tries when you're new. Your goal should be to develop a method that allows for micro adjustment.

The way I do it is with no vice, some people like to use a vice. One side should be locked and the other side used for adjustment. Put your cone wrench on the cone and grab a handful of spokes along with the wrench handle. This hand never moves. Using the locked side and your 17mm wrench or fingers, tighten everything up to where you want to try first. Still holding the cone wrench and spokes, flip the wheel and tighten your adjustment sides lock nut. To readjust, put your cone wrench back on the adjustment side and grab some spokes. Once again, this hand no move. Loosen the lock nut. Flip the wheel. Tighten or loosen adjustment using fingers or wrench on locked side. Make minor adjustment. Flip wheel, lock adjustable side.
>>
File: tumblr_myfb28CmMz1srpn17o1_1280.jpg (447KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myfb28CmMz1srpn17o1_1280.jpg
447KB, 1280x853px
what are those front paniers ?
>>
>>1061176
specialized brand..
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/accessories/ortlieb-ql3-pannier/105084
>>
What is the rear spacing on a 1982 trek 610? Are most of those frames from that time 126mm?
>>
>>1061188
If it's an 82 it should be 120mm, 83 onwards they increased to 126mm. If it has 6 speed it should be 126mm and is newer or has been stretched.

http://www.vintage-trek.com/Trek_timeline.htm
>>
>>1061190
You are the man anon. I put a 6 speed wheel on there and that explains white it's a bit off center to the left.
>>
>>1057842
I have a 3x9 bike, and i live in very 'flat' enviroment, no climbs or decends really. So i noticed that i dont really use the front shifter, always keeping the chain pn the middle ring. If i want to convert my bike to 1x9, what would it take? I know for shre that i need a narrowwide chainring to put it in front, but what else? New chain, new what? Or will thw chainrig by itself be enough?
>>
File: 5338795108_c1573b63dd.jpg (77KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
5338795108_c1573b63dd.jpg
77KB, 500x301px
>>1061192
Whilst it could be that the stretch is unequal the wheel dish could also be off. If you don't have a frame that you know is 126mm to put it in you can measure it.

With the wheel horizontal raise it up off a flat surface with two identically sized objects placed under the rim 180 degrees apart.Then measure the distance between the locknut and the surface, you can stack things like coins and they'll get you close enough. Then flip the wheel over and the distance should be the same.
>>
>>1061194
You don't need a narrow wide chainring unless you ride off road on bumpy terrain. All they do is help keep the chain on the chainring, a chain guide can do the same thing as well.

You'll likely need some shorter chainring bolts, currently they'll go through the big ring and middle ring and so you'll need to make up for the thickness of the big ring. Your current chain will be fine.
>>
Retard here

I need to lube my chain but its filthy as fuck and I don't have alcohol or degreaser. Can I just use a wet rag
>>
>>1061213
Thing is, chain guides look like shit, and a have a raceface narrowide laying around, so i'll go with that.
Also, "bumpy terrain" - that's right on my alley.

Thanks for the advice though, this really helped.
>>
Hi lads,first time on this board and i need your help

I'm moving out my parent's house starting September to live in a huge ass city in Yurop.
Now i've got multiple options as far as commuting goes ( subway,car,bus,walking ) but i've settled on acquiring a bike because i'm agoraphobic and claustrophobic so squeezing myself into crowded subway car every morning is a no-no.
Besides i feel like i'd be missing on some sweet cardio gains,i've also been walking at the very least two hours per day for 7 years now and becoming a lazy inactive fuck doesn't feel right

So my question is this : How do i go about purchasing a durable,light and relatively simply built bike which can be used everyday for under 300 dollars ?

Thanks in advance everyone
>>
>>1061213
You can just put spacers in with your current chainring bolts. But this only helps if you already have spacers lying around. Besides, I got shorter chainring bolts for free at my local LBS shop.
>>
>>1061214
You'll run your chain through the rag for an hour and it'll still be dirty as fuck. Either take it off, put it in a degreaser bath, then completely relube it and dry it off with a rag, or simply buy a new chain. Chances are it's not only filthy but already stretched anyway.
>>
>>1061262
could I use WD40 to clean it?
>>
>>1061271
Yes, if you dry it off and re-lube it afterwards.
WD40 is not lube.
>>
>>1061262
>>1061271
>>1061276
>cleaning your chain this thoroughly.
Has anyone here actually tried rag-and-relube vs degrease-and-relube and found a significant difference?
>>
I have a triple chainring/shifter on my bike. My derailer crapped out. Could I use a double instead? I already never used my small ring because I live in flatland.
>>
>>1061271
No
>>1061314
Use a degreaser and a rag, faggot (though if the chain is still pretty clean, just lubing then wiping with a rag can be fine, as lube will also do some to clean the chain)
>>1061262
>>1061214
Don't fucking soak a chain in degreaser, that will eat away all the internal factory grease which is deeper in the chain than you'll get lube, so then your chain will be perma fucked.
Yea, the chain is likely stretched. But if it's not, clean it with a rag and degreaser. (anon is right that water won't get it clean) Then relube. A lot of people recommend soaking chains in solvent, but they're idiots.
>>
>>1061077
One good method is that when you have it really close, if it's slightly too loose, put a wrench on each locknut and tighten them together. If it's slightly too tight, put cone wrenches on each cone and loosen them.
This method is good to use AFTER getting the locknuts tightened (locked) against the cones, and AFTER getting it close to proper adjustment. This is just to dial it in perfectly, from close to perfect.
>>
>>1060539
Yes. 'Biodegradable' doesn't mean they instantly turn to dirt, it means they take less than thousands of years to biodegrade.
>>
File: traitor crusade.jpg (218KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
traitor crusade.jpg
218KB, 1500x1500px
so i just wrenched my new ride together and i noticed the hubs are slow as fuck and i can barely even hear the rear hub click. i'm still a newfag at bikes, what did i do wrong?

for reference the hubs are joytech disc hubs on trp hydraulic disc brakes that came stock on my crusade. i'm about to go through and unfuck the discs from rubbing (they do a tiny bit), but that doesn't actually help the hubs not spinning freely when out of the brake calipers and droputs entirely.

i'd like to have it worked out tonight (so i can ride to work tomorrow) but i'll cage it over to the bike shop before work if not.
>>
>>1061403
If it's a fixed gear, the rear wheel won't click. If it's a freewheel, the freewheel should click when spun backward.

Likely, your hubs are not properly adjusted. The cones are too tight.

Hold the nut on the end if the axle with your thumb and forefinger. When you twist it, does it feel clunky? That's a good sign the hub needs adjustment
>>
>>1061426
so i loosen the locknuts a teensy bit at a time until its just free spinning with no play when i jostle the wheel around in the dropouts?
>>
File: screen.jpg (66KB, 872x767px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
66KB, 872x767px
>>1061314
>not cleaning your chain this thoroughly
disgusting
>>
>>1061431
Not quite. You will need to loosen one lock nut per axle. You will then slightly loosen the cone that the lock nut was tightened against. Then re-tighten the lock nut. You will need a cone wrench for that adjustment. Also the wheels should be off the bike, not in the dropouts. Assess the adjustment with thumb and forefinger. It should feel smooth when spun, but firm (no play) when jiggled up and down.
>>
File: 1364587090394.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1364587090394.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>1061426
>If it's a fixed gear, the rear wheel won't click. If it's a freewheel, the freewheel should click when spun backward.
it's a single-speed. the rear triangle and dropouts are compatible with a derailleur and cassette if i ever want to go geared. it clicks, but it's nearly inaudible and has a definite cycle to it, like zzz...zzz...zzz if that makes sense to you.
>>
>>1061431
Other anon is right about the typical hub adjustment procedure. However in your case, it's likely that your hub bearings are only slightly too tight, and can be adjusted more easily. This method is basically fine tuning, after getting them pretty close with the method described by the other anon (and again, they might already be pretty close). The method I'm referring to is that (with the locknuts tightened/locked against the cones) you take two cone wrenches, put one on each cone, and turn both counterclockwise, (so loosening the cones against the bearings, while tightening them against the locknuts).
Similarly, if your bearings were slightly too loose (unlike yours which are slightly too tight), you would take two wrenches (regular wrenches, not cone wrenches), one on each locknut, and turn them clockwise to tighten them.
This method is only good for minor adjustments. For major adjustments you have to 'unlock' a locknut from a cone as other anon said, followed by adjusting the cone, then tightening the locknut back against the cone.
>>
>>1061439
I wouldn't worry too much about the freewheel noise. The mechanisms inside works like a ratchet. So there should be a steady interval of clicks if you are spinning it in the reverse direction from it's engagement. Freewheels tend to be more quiet than freehubs which may be what you are used to.

Are you hearing the pattern when you spin the wheel backward while on the bike? Do the pedals spin backwards too while this occurs? This can be the sign of an overly taught chain.
>>
>>1061455
ur mum is overly taught
lmao xD rekt
>>
File: dfg.png (4MB, 1215x1620px) Image search: [Google]
dfg.png
4MB, 1215x1620px
>>1061455
>Are you hearing the pattern when you spin the wheel backward while on the bike? Do the pedals spin backwards too while this occurs?
not at all. maybe i'm just used to the fuckloud rear hub on my mtb? heres a potato cam pic of it because why not
>>
When you get a puncture on a tubeless tyre from say a thorn, does the sealant "permanently" seal it when you remove the thorn? Will the tyre remain airtight?
>>
>>1061449
fucking hell, is this what I have to look forward to if I want to service my own cup and cone wheels?

I think I'll just get a cartridge bearing wheelset on chainreaction for $350 and call it a day, who wants to deal with that shit?
>fucking around with 18 different dimensions of fine tuning via intuition and voodoo
>if you do it wrong your bearings seize and you get thrown off your bike or you destroy the races
>all this so you don't have to spend $20 once a year
>>
>>1061487
speaking of cartridge bearings, can /n/ recommend some nice, forged hugs w/ cartridge bearings for a road/touring build? (hard mode: no disc brakes)
>>
How do I get over my fear of riding in traffic?

No bike lanes here and the slowest road that actually leads anywhere is a moderately busy two lane that's only wide enough to fit one SUV per side and despite having a 35mph speed limit it's normal to see cars doing 55mph.
>>
>>1061495
I would either avoid that road altogether or get one of these fuckers

http://store.dinottelighting.com/daytime-red-taillight---daytime-only-taillight--seat-post-seat-stay-chain-stay-or-rack-mount-p188.aspx

Having rudeness-level brightness is a really good traffic calming tool. Get a second steady rear light, and up front do a dual beam consisting of one steady shaped beam like a B&M, and a daylight strobe like one of the more powerful cygolites.

Having double panniers in the back also makes you look bigger which causes cars to give you more clearance when they pass.
>>
>>1061496
>I would either avoid that road altogether

The problem is there isn't a slower road for me to ride on, my area is nothing but hills, and I'm not in good enough shape to average more than 16mph. My only other options would be the shoulder of a very busy highway or the same five mile loop around my neighborhood that I always ride around.

Also,
>RETAIL: $259.00
Holy fug. That's almost a third of what I paid for my bike.
>>
>>1061498
>almost a third of what I paid for my bike.
maybe you need safety more than you need di2 and crabon?
>>
>>1061503
~$750 isn't going to get you Di2 and much carbon.
>>
>>1061495
In that case, fear of riding is entirely justified.
Either wear a safety vest, mount 2 blinking rear lights and 2 reflectors, take the lane, avoid times of high traffic, and wear a helmet to protect you from stuff thrown out of car windows.
Or avoid that road and take huge detours.
Or buy an e-bike, tune it to go 40 mph and use the motor on roads like that.

Also put everything that's thrown at you in a box, send it to your local newspaper and lobby for a bike path.
>>
>>1061532
>Or buy an e-bike, tune it to go 40 mph and use the motor on roads like that.
I built 2 stroke bike like in the pic that could hit 35mph and despite what everyone and the internet told me the cops still pulled me over saying it was illegal and gave me a huge ticket. That's actually what got me back into bikes after not riding one in years.

>lobby for a bike path
They would have to cut through 3-4 miles of driveways and mailboxes.

Oh well. I'll go out later and see what happens.
>>
>>1061498
You could also try the Seth's Bike Hacks method of running a hundred Chinajunk lights from Amzn. at once
>>
>>1061482
Basically, yes. Unless it's extremely small, the sealant will not necessarily 'activate' immediately. It might take up to a few minutes for a bigger puncture. In which case, lift the tire off the ground and keep spinning it. As long as there's still sufficient amount of liquid sealant (it dries up over time and has to be replaced) it will seal up the hole, though by that time it will likely have lost a fair amount of air, so you'll have to pump it back up. But once it's sealed, you're good to go, it'll hold long-term.
Of course if it's an extremely big hole it won't be sealed, but if it's just a thorn, worst case scenario is spin the wheel for 5 minutes then air it back up. And yes, it will be pretty much permanent. Like, I don't know if it will last 20 years. But it should last as long as your tire lasts, unless you never ride your bike and hang it up in the garage for a few decades.
>>
>>1061487
>fucking hell, is this what I have to look forward to if I want to service my own cup and cone wheels?
Yes, and it can be difficult at first, but you'll get it down. Hub adjustments aren't commonly needed, you'll have to do them at most a few times a year, likely not even.
>>
File: redbike2.jpg (79KB, 460x346px) Image search: [Google]
redbike2.jpg
79KB, 460x346px
Are there any baskets for a commute that don't ruin aesthetics?
>>
File: enhanced.jpg (539KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced.jpg
539KB, 1600x1066px
>>1062517
Aesthetics is in the eye of the beholder

Your bike would suit something nondescript like the next pic
>>
File: Wald_137_silver_rear_shot_1.jpg (25KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Wald_137_silver_rear_shot_1.jpg
25KB, 500x333px
>>1062521
>next pic
>>
>>1061495
You make it sound 2sketchy4me but it's your judgment call.

As to overcoming fear of traffic, maybe u can just tweak your attitude:
>ride with fear in your heart and you'll sense many near death experiences
>ride with anger in your heart and you'll have conflict with a-hole drivers
>ride with peace in your heart and you can go along with the flow, knowing you are a willing participant.

It's dangerous out there, stay safe. Nobody will stop us from riding.
>>
>>1062517
Panniers are better than baskets in every way possible.
They keep your stuff safe, clean and if its the right kind even dry.
They affect your bike´s handling less.
They look better.

Get panniers.
>>
>>1062602
They also cost $$$ so you need to take them with you wherever you go. A basket stays on the bike, you can drop whatever bag you're carrying in, or a sixpack, or your shopping.
>>
Rear wheel hub bearing is completely broken. Is it worth disassembling the wheel and replacing the hub, and then lacing it again? Or will I fuck up the wheel by doing so?
>>
>>1062619
Worth it if it's your idea of fun, or if you live in the wilderness. But it'll cost you a day and you probably won't get a good wheel out of it unless you already know what you're doing.
>>
>>1062619
Previous anon is correct. You should also know that you'd need to have a replacement hub of exactly the same model as the one you'd be replacing, otherwise you'll need spokes of a different length too.
>>
File: 4023861494361496.jpg (203KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
4023861494361496.jpg
203KB, 800x450px
Rear wheel is completely out of balance, it's not twisted sideways too bad, but it's as if it's egg shaped or something.
When I flip the bike and rest it on its seat and spin the rear wheel the bike bounces up and down. The local repair shops say they can't do anything about it.
I've considered a set of new wheels anyway, but they'll probably cost as much as the bike itself, it's an old 90s hybrid bike similar to the one in the picture.
>>
>>1062633
>the bike bounces up and down
u wot?
Also, this is a questions thread and I don't see a question in your post.
Old mountain bikes are nice, but like with modern bikes, some brands are good, some are shit. Post a pic of your specific bike or tell us the brand and model if you want advice on whether or not it's worth getting a new wheel.
>>
>>1062517
>>1062521
>>1062522
>>1062602
What about clamp on racks?
>>
>>1061532
>wear a helmet to protect you from stuff thrown out of car windows
>>
>>1062633
Buy a new set of spokes and have it rebuilt
>>
>>1062673
You must not be American
>>
File: Antares_R3_Kium_6_WhiteBlack_1.jpg (32KB, 1100x707px) Image search: [Google]
Antares_R3_Kium_6_WhiteBlack_1.jpg
32KB, 1100x707px
Given that saddles are such a personal preference, why does there seem to be so many riders who claim to prefer fizik saddles?
My buddy got one cause he fell for the memes and he can't sit on it for so much as 20 miles.

Do y'all think it's shills or buyers trying to convince themselves that it fits them cause they really want to be one of the cool kids?
>>
I just bought a rather cheap aluminium road frame. Surprisingly the rear dropout spacing is wider than my 130mm rear wheel hub. Is this something to be expected? Is there some newer, wider standard, or is my frame just a warped piece of shit? As far as I know only MTBs have 135mm rear hub axles
>>
Quick question - I got a pair of 10sp Centaur ergo shifters in the mail today and found to my surprise that ordinary Shimano-end shift cables fit in these levers just fine. When did Campy stop using their special slightly-smaller-crimp shift cables?

>>1062692
DESU I've never seen shilling for Fizik, at least nothing approaching the levels of fanboy adoration that you see for Brooks, Berthoud, vintage Ideale, etc., but it wouldn't surprise me, it's a well-distributed brand and it's quite normal for people to praise saddles they like.

>>1062699
Is it a cyclocross or touring frame with disc brake mounts? It could be designed around the expectation that the end rider will be using MTB hubs.
>>
>>1062702
>Is it a cyclocross or touring frame with disc brake mounts?
Neither
>>
>>1062692
I got a standard arione and learned pretty quickly that I do in fact need a groove/cutout for my soft parts.

Still need to try and flip it.
>>
>>1062702
Very recently I'd imagine, the Veloce brifters I bought in 2014 still use the smaller crimps
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
How to rewire a bike and service Shimano hubs?
>>
>>1062819
see
>>1057842
http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help
>>
I have a 97 Gary fisher with 27.5x2.0 on it. I'd like to try 2.25 on it but it would be tight. Is there any type of tyre that doesn't have the side lugs that stick out? Also, can I spread the rear chainstays with a wider rear axle to help?
>>
File: 1490991454730.jpg (60KB, 604x836px) Image search: [Google]
1490991454730.jpg
60KB, 604x836px
Should I get Manitou Minute from 2015?

It's on sale right now for 220€ and is going to replace my modded suntour XCR.
>>
>>1062880
Only acknowledge Rockshox and Fox forks
>>
>>1062930
>Being this sheltered.
>>
>>1062930
t. fred
>>
Are there any online stores that sell generic, raw aluminium road framesets? All I can find is either alu fixies or garbon roadies
Also must offer international shipping
>>
How hard would it be to recondition a dérailleur, will I need special tools?
I've got two identical old bikes and I'm using one for parts and practice.
>>
I ride a lot of sandy gravel trail with some places are steep hills with off camber. I ride a rigid 90's mtb. All the dudes I see riding these trails are on fatbikes, am I missing out on something or are fatbikes a silly fad? I feel like I'm keeping a good pace with my aired down 2" wide tires.
>>
>>1062983
Fat bikes are pretty meme as far I know, because they are only useful on sand and snow. If the surface is not so soft, any mtb can be better.
>>
>>1062983
Fat bikes are great for riding on snow and in deserts and such. Other than that they're a meme. If you are riding on trails where your mountain bike is sinking into the ground (be it snow, mud, or sand) then you should consider getting a fat bike. Otherwise, no.
If that's not convincing enough, considering this: A lot of people with fat bikes ride them EVERYWHERE. Even on pavement. And I'm sure you believe me when I say that a road bike is more efficient than a fat bike on pavement.
Point being, people on fat bikes are usually riding a fatbike because they like being a meme, not because fatbikes are more efficient in that scenario.
>>1062971
What do you mean by recondition? Cleaning them is easy. Replace parts? Sometimes you can get replacement pulleys and limit screws. Other than that, replacement parts aren't really available.
>>
Is there a correct angle to set my handlebars at? My drops look like they curve upward just a little at the ends, should the ends be parallel to the top bar?
>>
File: Australian bars.jpg (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Australian bars.jpg
136KB, 640x480px
>>1063072
I don't think there's a single correct angle, it's just personal preference. Just don't be this faggot.
>curve upward
Depending on perspective this could mean up or down.. post a pic?
>>
>>1063072
Classic bend bars are often set so the drops are parallel to the ground. Modern bars don't always follow this tradition, you can either have the ramps parallel to the ground, the bar ends pointing to your rear brake or rear wheel hub, or just however the fuck feels the most comfortable.
>>
File: bars.jpg (1010KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
bars.jpg
1010KB, 3264x1836px
>>1063075
>>1063083
Do I need to move it counterclockwise to how it looks in the picture?
>>
>>1063116
Ideally, yeah, Though it won't really make a significant difference in feel, just aesthetics.
>>
>>1063116
Yes, move it at least counterclowise enough for the end of the bars to be perfectly parallel to the ground. You can move them more counterclockwise than that as per personal preference, but not less.
>>
>>1063120
I had my bars pretty much exactly like his when I first built my bike, it didn't feel right. After moving them a bit (counterclockwise relative to his pic) they felt much better.
>>
>>1063120
>>1063121
Thanks, I thought it looked off.
>>
File: 54534.jpg (146KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
54534.jpg
146KB, 662x662px
>>1062930

Well actually thanks to people like you this frok dropped from 500 to 200 while beating the shit our of recon gold and being as good as Reba for half the price.

Keep on being fanboys it's good for my wallet.
>>
How does cycling compare to running for cardio?
>>
>>1063274
Running is much harder.
>>
File: 75935356.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
75935356.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
How do you fuckers go through these so quickly and easily? I have to literally get off my bike and walk it through, or walk it through whilst on the saddle

I think I am fucking retarded
>>
>>1063305
I used to bunny hop. Stupid idea, get off your bike and walk.

>>1063274
Depend. Try both. Cycling is pretty much natural for me now but I can't swim enough to call it cardio. Some can't, no matter what, be fast on a bike but they run like thieves.
>>
How are Canyon bikes? They're supposedly coming to the US by late summer this year. Should I hold off on buying a bike until then?
>>
>>1063274
Running has the advantage of using more calories/minute if that's your goal, but has the disadvantage of being much harder on your joints.

As a fit cyclist I find that the handful of times per year that I run, I can run pretty much forever without getting out of breath, but I'm limited by the fact that the muscles used for each activity are different.
>>
>>1063274

To get fit quick for my cycling season after a winter of being a useless pice of shit.. Running is the best option out there even with shin splints it's still worth it.

If you just started cycling after a while it will take you at least twice as much time to get to the same cardio level of a runner.
>>
>>1063305
Those things are so fucking retarded and annoying. I make it through by going very slow
>>
Are Schwalbe puncture-proof tyres worth it? Are they really invincible?
>>
File: 1479846891424.jpg (10KB, 217x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479846891424.jpg
10KB, 217x225px
So apparently the inner tube got cut on one of the spoke nipples, leaving a 3mm lengthwise cut.
I followed the instructions on the repair kit and put a patch, but a while later the cut had grown past the patch and the tube deflated again.
Was I a retard for not putting a bigger patch or are cuts like these a lost cause?
>>
>>1063433
I don't know, I only had punctures on my tyres and no cuts, maybe they are different.
>>
>>1063433
just get a new tube m8
>>
>>1063324
I saw a thread on >r/velo and someone mentioned the headsets are proprietary and shitty, aside from that I haven't heard too many complaints.

>>1063400
No pneumatic tyre is 100% invincible, but the marathon plus is probably the closest you'll get. Bonus points if it's set up tubeless.
>>
Hey /n/bros, I stripped the crank and crank puller on my gf's new city bike, how fukt am I?
>>
>>1063548

I mean like...
you can probably score a BSO with an identical crankset for 0-20$

getting the stripped crank off may be a bit of an adventure.
>>
How tight is 40Nm? I don't have a torque wrench, so how I can get to that amount of tight?

Also, what's the biggest frame size for 80s/90s mtb? The biggest I can find is 50cm
>>
File: WP_20170421_17_15_19_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170421_17_15_19_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Is there any way to identify a bike? I picked this up at a goodwill outlet by my house for $30. There is no identifying information on it.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.