[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it time to replace my alloy bike rack? I commute every day.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170322_083341.jpg (647KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_083341.jpg
647KB, 1080x1920px
Is it time to replace my alloy bike rack? I commute every day.
>>
File: IMG_20170322_083412.jpg (597KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_083412.jpg
597KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>1057783
this is a dumb thread
>>
If it has become weak or there are cuts THROUGH a load beating part then yes. If it is just the scratched and scores we see in the pictures then it should be fine. Will maybe even reduce risk of theft.
>>
I don't see anything wrong with it other than being filthy
>>
Yeah it's dirty, so is the bike. Better throw it out and buy a new one.

t.the freds from the bike training thread
>>
>>1057805
Fred, go for a training ride. Oh wait, it rained 2 days ago, what if your S-Works gets a drop on the frame!!
>>
>>1057812
Bike maintenance, freddy boy, ever heard of it? Of course not, your LBS takes care of that.
>>
>>1057813
>>1057805
So you clean your commuter every day, do you?
>>
>>1057812
if you don't hide inside and ride a stationary bike when there's been a cloud in the sky within the last 72 hours you're a trainfag who doesn't even own a bike. muh ruined gloves utterly ruined cuz I sweated once!!?!

t.fred
>>
>>1057833
Not the person you are talking to but I do, I got 3 cheap microfiber cloths. I spray on Muc Off pink stuff on frame and wheels
Wipe wheels with one cloth
Wipe frame with the second
spray on frame protector
Wipe with 3rd cloth.

The cloths are cleaned at the end of each week. Also I oil the chain the night before my first work-week day. Haven't decreased chain though and think I should start to.
>>
>>1057955
I just buy bulk microfiber cloths from home depot, it's like 10 bucks for a package the size of a medium sized dog and that lasts for a while

I don't even bother laundering them, I throw them i in the garbage when they're dirty. I keep a few in my panniers to wipe my bike down at the office before people start showing up (especially important if my bike is covered in slush and road salt and mud). I'm less diligent at home, but having a clean and well maintained bike is just as important as taking a shower after you get to the office and putting on clean presentable clothes. It's doing cycling no favors to drag your rusty, beat up, dirt-encrusted bike into the office
>>
>>1057955
Couldn't be arsed to spend so much time on my commuter. Especially since we get lots of wet weather.

My commuter gets a good cleaning in spring and in autumn.
>>
>>1057813
>>1057812
>>1057807

samefag
>>
>>1058077
only one of those is me, go back to your fred thread and gripe about how your rims got wet once
>>
>>1057783
It's showing wear but nah. I'd give it another year and see what it looks like after that.
>>
>putting a rack on a surly
Doesn't that void the warranty?
>>
>>1057783
>>1057784
you could paint it if it bothers you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.