[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

apologize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: stamp.jpg (23KB, 304x351px) Image search: [Google]
stamp.jpg
23KB, 304x351px
apologize
>>
>>1057677
John Henry was a steel driving man. That means he hammered out blasting holes for dynamite.

Somewhere along the way the story got changed to him driving spikes.
>>
>>1057678
And what was the dynamite for? Creating railroad tunnels.
>>
>>1057678
This is the most bizarre part. It seemed pretty obvious he was racing against a "steel-driving" drilling machine for drilling holes to place explosives for tunneling, I don't get how everyone thinks it was some kind of track-laying competition.
>>
File: plaque_01[1].jpg (400KB, 1768x1600px) Image search: [Google]
plaque_01[1].jpg
400KB, 1768x1600px
>>1057677
I won't apologize, but I will thank him for his service and effort to maintain the dignity of man's labor in the face of technological "progress."
>>
File: LxmtVrAPQdueksi737yxYmJi.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LxmtVrAPQdueksi737yxYmJi.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
>>1057677
There's a lesser-known Disney animated short about him made in 2000. You can see it on Netflix on one of their more recent animated short compilations. Pic related.

>>1057678
>Somewhere along the way the story got changed to him driving spikes.

The average person can picture a guy driving railroad spikes in their head, as it's a historical meme. Drilling blast holes by hand is not something most people can visualize, so the narrative was changed to something most people can understand.
>>
>>1057677
>The thing people always forget is that John Henry dies in the end

-Jeff Bezos

One of the most based quotes of all time.
>>
Foolish humans can't win a race against the machine.
All they gain is a short moment of false security before the machines are back, better and stronger than before.
>>
>>1057758
>>1057762
>"A good death is its own reward" t. Man of Steel

Fuck off you anti-human piece of trash.
>>
>>1057746
Try and find the stop motion film made by George Pal.
>>
>>1057758
it cost him his life, but he won the race. that's the point.
>>
>>1057770
He died building a tunnel for machines. Humanity's fate was decided before he was even born.
>>
>>1058046
So it was a Phyric victory. People forget that.
>>
>>1058053
Your life is an uninteresting fail. People will forget you.
>>
>>1058074
Says the man posting on a Cantonese sock puppet opera bbs.
>>
>>1058053
no, that's what I'm saying. people don't forget that. that's the entire point to the story, that's where the pathos and drama come from that make people want to re-tell it and have made it into a modern myth.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.