[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Best-Bike-Lights.jpg (260KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Best-Bike-Lights.jpg
260KB, 960x640px
What are some good bike lights for my bike? a front light, specifically. I'm looking for something preferably kind of aero, and easy to pop on and off (people love stealing shit like that around here). Any suggestions?
>>
>>1057260
The Light & Motion Urban series has some really good front lights. Not really aero though.
>>
>worries about stealing
>worries about aero
Are you cosplaying as lance armstrong? The aero on your fucking lights? You're obviously carrying around a lock and a bunch of other non-aero shit, aren't you? You're on gatorskins or something, and not turbo cottons, yes?

Just get something that doesn't blind people, is waterproof, and puts enough light on the road. Busch & Mueller battery powered Ixon IQ Premium for instance. It is removable.
>>
>>1057260
I've decided to invest a couple of bucks and go for Fortified bike lights (https://fortifiedbike.com/products/aviator-afterburner-combo-pack?variant=3851462853).

Combo Pack is 69$ and plenty bright. Battery is USB chargable and good for 4-6 hours. Since I got them about 1 year ago my lights haven't been stolen. Before that I'd need a new light every couple of weeks.
>>
light and urban 500 lumen is pretty based so far
>>
>>1057260
Light & Motion Urban 350 with adapter to fit a GoPro mount. You're welcome.
>>
>>1057501
are you using the blendr system?
>>
I guess this is a good place to ask. I'm looking for bike lights for my upcoming 3-4 month tour. Lots of the modern lights I've seen all have usb chargeable batteries that last 4 hours on high. I was wondering how practical this would be for a tour, or if finding a light that takes AA or similar batteries instead. I don't planning on riding at night much, but I will use them in the fog and for emergencies or when I unexpectedley have to ride at night. Will the 4 hours be enough? I am bringing a solar powered charger with me, also for emergencies
>>
>>1057664
Hub dynamo.
>>
File: Picture 061a.jpg (691KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 061a.jpg
691KB, 3264x2448px
I don't cycle long distances, but I use 2 sets of lights. One high powered set, and a set of these rubber clippy ones as a backup. So when the high powers die, I have some dim lights to be seen.
>>
>>1057671
I was looking to buy a tiny tail light for my road bike. Then I saw one of these lying in the road blinking at me yesterday.
>>
>>1057644
No, K-edge (different from photo but same idea)
>>
>>1057672
Also, don't get scammed. Lots of bikeshops and retailers try to sell these for over £5. Even seen them for $19.95 in some US hipster shop website. They are worth exactly 0.50 and no more! Buy them on AliExpress if you have to.
>>
>>1057672
>>1057671
I saw a guy using these crash in the dark once. Or more precisely, I saw him already crashed.

If you're going for redundancy go for true redundancy.
>>
>>1057671
I use these on my delivery bike, they're pretty bright and convenient for the price and the batteries last long. If you're biking around the city they're a good option, but if you're actually in the dark they're not much help.
>>
anyone have comments on the blendr duo? thinking about getting one for a cell phone on top and a l&m urban on bottom. just wondering if the light is still effective on the bottom
>>
File: 718DUzbW2-L._SL1500_.jpg (170KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
718DUzbW2-L._SL1500_.jpg
170KB, 1500x1500px
>>1057260
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>1057260
Planet Bike Superflash 2 Watt is a great tail light. It's bright as fuck and mounts to your bike and clips to your bag/rack.
>>
>>1057483
>)
I just bought that one about a month ago. I must say that I am impressed.
>>
My Cygolite got water in it earlier this week. I removed the battery and let it dry out but the switch is still a little fussy. Am I fucked? Should I just buy a new one? It's 2 years old and been in a lot of rain and snow.
>>
>>1060211
try some electrical contact deoxidizing spray
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.