[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is probably going to rub some people the wrong way, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: b but muh right of way.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
b but muh right of way.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
This is probably going to rub some people the wrong way, but does anyone else here not give a fuck about cyclists? I literally have no respect for them.

Think about it. You're on a 12 pound bike with no protection, weaving in and out of your lane, obstructing traffic and gesturing at drivers who overtake you. Meanwhile, they're in 4000 pound machines that are designed to protect the occupant at the direct expense of whatever they hit. If a car and a bicycle collide, there's no question who's getting the worst of it.

But watching how these retards behave, you could be forgiven for thinking its the exact opposite. The most arrogant fucking pricks I have ever seen are cyclists, especially the ones who get all kitted up to ride their shit down major highways.

When I'm driving, I expect any pedestrian or cyclist to have enough common sense to stay out of my way, for the same reason a rabbit should have enough sense to get out of the way of a buffalo.

For what it's worth, I'm a cyclist too. Been riding for the last three years. And when I ride my bike, I make sure to get out of the way of cars, because I'm not a fucking idiot. But even then I have no respect for other cyclists and whatever arbitrary 'rules' they think exist. It makes me laugh every time some autist on his carbon fiber shit-tourer has a hissy fit because I'm in his non-existent lane facing the wrong way or passed him without signalling. Like seriously man, what are you going to do? By the time you get those gay little shoes unclipped to fight me I'll be five blocks away laughing.

By all means, have fun on your bikes. Just don't act like it entitles you to anything.
>>
I hate the notion of cyclists as a unified group, but that's cognitive bias for you. Most people just see all cyclists as two wheeled /n/iggas.
>>
>>1057182

that's probably because so many of them act like absolute nigs

You can be a prick behind the wheel, but when you're sitting on a piece of aluminium wearing a plastic helmet like a special boy then I suggest you tone down the assholery, because you might get fucked up
>>
>>1057180
I hate being in London. I hate having to cross the road in London; because you have to check in both directions three times; inside for cyclists, traffic, outside for cyclists, and then do the same for the opposite side of the road. They can be literally anywhere. I hate taking a taxi in London; the number of times I've seen a cyclist ride through a red light directly in front of a taxi turning right (and 50% of the time, gesticulate at the taxi as though it's the one in the wrong) it puts my hearts in my mouth every time. I hate walking in London, where every time I watch a cyclist ride up along the inside of a long wheelbase vehical, apparently oblivious to the dangers.

Cyclists get themselves killed because they genuinely don't believe they are the slowest moving, smallest and most invisible traffic on the roads. The genuinely seem to believe that every other road user should have RADAR and precognition to deal with their seemingly random and dangerous maneuvers. It defies explanation.
>>
>>1057186

why the FUCK would anyone live in London in 2017?
>>
File: 1487961314051.gif (780KB, 325x203px) Image search: [Google]
1487961314051.gif
780KB, 325x203px
>whatever arbitrary 'rules' they think exist

You mean, like, laws?
>>
>>1057180
I can only ascertain from your disproportionate rage that you are either autistic, sociopathic, or got cucked by a cyclist.
>>
Oh look, it's one of these threads.
>>
File: pbcAb9maRE-2.png (13KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
pbcAb9maRE-2.png
13KB, 300x250px
>>
>>1057180
>Mom! I posted it again!
>>
>>1057180
>4000 pound machines

I would drive big rigs that top out at 82,500Lbs and get pissed on by bikers.

I inched out into an intersecion that I just knew a biker would run the stop sign, and he started to swear at me "Asshole" You broke the law, and I could kill you for it. Pay attention to the laws, and I will pay attention to you.
>>
>>1057180
you clearly live in some rural shithole, your opinion is pretty irrelevant
>>
>>1057180
>I expect any pedestrian or cyclist to have enough common sense to stay out of my way, for the same reason a rabbit should have enough sense to get out of the way of a buffalo.
>comparing yourself to an uncivilized wild animal
>>
No, but as a general misanthrope, I honestly can't say I think any more highly of the people on the road in motorized vehicles, either. There's too fucking many of you and a world-spanning epidemic plague would do wonders for roadway congestion in general.

tl;dr: kill yourself
>>
>>1057187
Cause it beats living in Islamabad.
>>
>>1057262

I live in a suburb you inbred faggot

cities are for dindus and beaners
>>
>>1057186
I visited London last November. Not even kidding I think I met like three genuine Englishmen during my stay. The rest were mudskins, dindus, Polish guestworkers and tourists. Sad.
>>
>>1057333
>rent in London is so high many people who work there can't afford to live there
>City full of immigrants
How does that work?
>>
>>1057366
Big corporations who own massive buildings that they don't use in London don't want to pay tax on the asset. They get around this by moving people in to make them domestic residences. They are essentially shanty towns inside many large gutted buildings. The rent is very cheap so the immigrants can afford it but the conditions are terrible. London wears a very thin mask of grandeur behind which is the city's real face of poverty and deprivation.
>>
>>1057180
Äktschuelly: The rig's driver is a prick. He drove over a double line, ignoring the road markings of the exit. Probably fucked up and chose wrong exit and continued straight on.

That being said, cyclist should have looked both ways. Then again, you expect other drivers to respect the rules.
>>
>>1057376
interesting, pics or whatever about those living conditions? just curious
>>
>>1057180
>right of way
>on a freeway
kek
>>
>>1057384
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/guardian-schemes-kleinfeld-gentrification-homelessness-761
>>
>>1057403
>poor people paying to safeguard derelict buildings.

Huh, a friend of mine did that in Amsterdam, but he got paid to live in villas.
>>
>>1057180
some good points, but the points system is too lenient. people do fucking retarded shit while driving which is just as dangerous. i know too many shitheads who shouldn't be allowed to drive.
>>
>>1057180
Why is truck under taking like a bitch. Soon he will loose status as head of the pride.
>>
>>1057180
Passing on the right? What the hell?
>>
>>1057180
>that gif again
>that limp wristed half assed gesture
>"pweese move ova fo meeeeeeee"

What a fucking idiot.

Here's the deal bike faggots. Until you can afford a car you'll be treated like the scourge you are. Even in the UK where biking and public transit and nationally acceptable and encouraged they are still far down to food chain in hierarchy. And it's not gonna change. Wanna commute on a bike? Get used to severe injuries then :)
>>
In a car
>accidentally start merging into a lane with a guy in my blind spot
>hear a honk and I move back over

In a bike
>assume everyone else around me is giving me the right of way
>merge into lane cutting off vehicle
>vehicle honks
>get scared
>speed wobbles
>jected from vehicle into traffic
>hurt badly
>get mad at everyone else, still continue to ride reckless and break laws
>>
>>1057298
>london - 8.2 million and 45% white native
>islamabad - 1.1 million and nearly all paki
Dude, there's four times more Islamabad in London than in Islamabad itself.
>>
>>1057958
Even less now ;^)
>>
>>1057958
Because the whole other 55% is Islamabad right
>>
>>1057925
>implying I can't afford a car
>implying I don't have a car
>implying riding a bike has anything to do with my financial status
>>
>>1057968
Yes. Some are dindus and snackbars and poo-in-the-loos, but that's pretty much tomeyto tomahto.
>>
>>1057925
Hi /o/.
My bike cost more than your fucking $3k Civic.
>>
>>1057973
London
>inner city: get robbed by dindus
>suburbs: get assaulted by chavs
>>
>>1057183
>You can be a prick behind the wheel
So you go in the same box. Bicycle, Car, Motorcycle or horse. Being a prick on a road is being a prick.
>>
File: knowaddamean.png (395KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
knowaddamean.png
395KB, 600x300px
>>1057997
>england
>not even once
>>
File: 1365914045710.jpg (325KB, 695x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1365914045710.jpg
325KB, 695x1000px
>>1058045

we should have sided with Germany tbqh
>>
>>1057180
OP, are you aware that trolling/posting bail outside of /b/ has been and still is against site policy and is a bannable offense? Also samefagging is blindingly obvious to everyone and impresses no one, it just makes you look like an idiot. If it were possible to delete threads anymore I'd tell you to do just that but since you can't I'd recommend you slink back to your /b/asement lair and restrict your shitposting to that place instead of shitting up the literal slowest board in this place with your pathetic attempts at trolling. kthxbye
>>
>>1057981
No, your bike doesn't cost more than my car. And if you ride a bike costing 3 grand you need to take a long hard look into a mirror
>>
>>1059342
>$3000 is too much to spend on a bike
lol

not that guy but my coworker is always giving me shit for spending too much on bike stuff, meanwhile he literally bought a $4000 TV. no, that's not a typo

people waste their money on useless shit like cars and brain-rotting appliances, and then they have nothing left on the stuff that matters
>>
>>1059344

>My $3000 bicycle is so much more deep and practical than your $4000 TV

You are both morons
>>
File: Sticky2.gif (2KB, 105x128px) Image search: [Google]
Sticky2.gif
2KB, 105x128px
>>1057180
Your post is like a completely incomprehensible pile of stacked garbage.
Is your native language English?
I suspect not,please reformat so humans can read it.
>>
>>1058383
all these people falling for his bait and giving him (You)s

make sure to sage this shit too
>>
>>1057180
I like car drivers.
It used to be a bit rought, but I can clearly see a general effort on their behalf to respect other participants in traffic over the past few years.
I especially love it when they drive onto the crossing and bike lane when trying to merge from a side street, then after noticing me, the back up, to give me some space to pass.
I try to return the favour by letting them through sometimes when I have the right of way...

All in all, I'm just really happy that car drivers can be such good people sometimes.
>>
>>1057180

I have to go cycling around for reasons, and here in countryside is not that pretty because large trucks everywhere and wherever you expect them.

This said, I'm quite the respectful cyclist, knowing that I'll be the only victim of any accident involving me. I don't even gesture at anyone of them, even when I should, because I've been a "cager" and I know noone gives a shit about a puny cyclist.

Anyway this doesn't stop cagers to exaggerate literally everywhere, cutting my way as if I had cartoon-rated braking systems and elasticity.

My personal statistic about jerks on the road just reduces to two rules:

- if driver is female, or car is a SUV (or any non-cheap vehicle), then they're arrogant and dangerous: stay away

- the most safely driven vehicles out there are large trucks; the larger and heavier, the most correct driving style to be expected.
>>
>>1059533
>the most safely driven vehicles out there are large trucks
this is generally true, but can depend on the region some
in texas, semis always drive pretty sanely, as do most large commercial vehicles
lots of redneck wannabe faggots driving their lifted super duties drive like complete assholes

>if driver is female they're arrogant and dangerous
this x1000
the only times when i think cars have legitimately not seen me were women driving
i once had one pull out right onto me and almost hit me after i made eye contact with her, when i had a green light and she was trying to turn right on red
>>
>>1059533
- if driver is female, or car is a SUV (or any non-cheap vehicle), then they're arrogant and dangerous: stay away
Or a cheap minivan

They're usually driven by first-gen immigrants who think owning a murdercage is some kind of status symbol and people on bikes are vermin who need to be immediately killed
>>
File: 1479429119763.jpg (92KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1479429119763.jpg
92KB, 878x814px
>>1058383
>everyone who points out how much of an asshole I am is the same person
>stating an obvious fact that anyone reasonable would agree with is "trolling"
>this is my safe space and no one who disagrees is allowed to post on this public board
>people I spend all my time angrily railing against must be lying when they say they dislike it
>>
>>1057997
America
>inner city: shoot niggers
>suburbs: shoot niggers
>countryside: shoot 'yotes
>>
lol those cyclist got fucking wrecked
>>
Good job on the bait
>>
Yeah fuck em... they pretent to be a motor vehicle but refuse to drink the Gasoline and make the engine noises.. ha
>>
>riding your bike in russia

Ayy lmao
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.