[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Completely new to bikes, I only have this Old one Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_gRQ9DzG3.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_gRQ9DzG3.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Completely new to bikes, I only have this Old one
Thoughts?
>>
It's a nice bike
You should properly adjust saddle height, it's most likely way too low.
Also your front valve is crooked
Also you should give the drivetrain a good wash and lube
>>
Needs slicks
>>
Get rid of the shitty reflectors
Get rid of the dork disk
Put some tires that don't suck on there
New grips, new saddle
Front and rear lights (Cygolites have good bang for buck)
Better pedals (no need to go crazy, maybe some VP Vice)
>>
>>1057119
Early '90s Schwinn hybrids are p. good desu. Get a set of Tektro 720 cantilever brakes, a pair of nice Panaracer tires, and a nice Velo Orange saddle. You could convert to drop bars later if you want more hand positions
>>
>>1057119
It looks neglected, the drivetrain is rusted out. Wouldn't at all be surprised if you need a new chain, new cassette, and maybe even a new rear derailleur. It logically follows that you probably need all new cables, too, the housings are probably dried out and cracking, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if the shifters are sticky with age and need to be replaced.

Are the tires dried out and cracking? Replace them.

Are the rims true? Hubs noisy?

Get a new saddle, one that is the right size and shape for how you're built. Make damned sure the bike is fitted correctly for you, otherwise you could be miserable trying to ride it.

Consider replacing the bars with drop bars and replacing the controls with brifters. Gives you more positions for your hands and greater stability on descents.

Also consider clipless pedals and shoes to go with them. Safer than platform pedals, and allows you better power transfer to the rear wheel.

Basically, strip it down to the bare frame and start over. xD You'll be happier with it if it's brought up to modern standards.
>>
Thanks everyone
I'll google The things I don't understand
>>
>>1057151
>all that work for a Schwinn

Guess it's worth it, if you're literally a hobo who's too nice to steal a better one.
>>
1) Air in tyres, oil on chain.
2) Ride
3) Find a problem? - Ask
4) ????
5) Profit
>>
>>1057207
this
>>
>>1057164
>shitposting this badly
>>
>>1057119
It's terrible. I'll drive it to the landfill for you for $5.
>>
Awesome man!
>>
>>1057207
/thread
>>
File: Screenshot_20170403-073829.png (958KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170403-073829.png
958KB, 720x1280px
Pretty cool tricycle...although the yellow saddle doesnt suit it it looks uncomfortable ....also new pedals should work for it
>>
>>1057119
You should recycle. It says right there on the bin!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.