[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bombardier is suing Metrolinx to prevent it from cancelling order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: web-rb-cd-bombardier.jpg (107KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
web-rb-cd-bombardier.jpg
107KB, 940x529px
https://sec.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/bombardier-says-cancelling-toronto-rail-deal-would-cause-irreparable-harm/article34339490/?service=amp

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta/2017/03/02/metrolinx-talking-with-another-supplier-for-eglinton-crosstown-vehicles-amid-bombardier-legal-battle.html

Metrolinx is trying to cancel because Bombardier is already two years late with delivery with no firm date in sight.

Metrolinx says they are liable to pay up to $500K in penalty to construction firm if track certification is delayed due to lack of train sets, prolonging the construction period.

How do you feel about this?
>>
>>1057021
*$500K a day
>>
Makes me feel glad we went with Alstom instead...
>>
Go with Bombadier, your agency's end is near.

What they should be doing is negotiating with another company now so that when they're freed from this contract they can award a new one immediately to make sure they get them on time. That's what my agency did when it took them an extra two years and four tries to make a structurally sound prototype on a design they've made before and has been used by the agency for almost 20 years.
>>
>>1057032
>Go with Bombadier, your agency's end is near.

Are you trying to make a rhyme? Because Bombardier isn't pronounced that way.
>>
>job cuts
>corporate welfare
>late delivery
>quality issues
>officials arrested for bribery
I'm butt devastated.
>>
>>1057023
it's a wonder peoples still buy from bombardier
>>
>>1057160
Bribes and threats of factory closures.

In Canada, factory closure threat, lobby through union, bribes, and national security threat (where will you get custom military equipment if we close down?).

The problem is that the Beaudoin family that controls Bombardier is incompetent as fuck and don't know how to run a fucking engineering company. The only things they know how to do is distributing bribes and extracting subsidies.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.