[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: snow.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
snow.webm
2MB, 720x404px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>1056276
was anyone really wrong here?
>>
>>1056276
Trains are never in the wrong.
>>
>>1056276
The company for not hiring extra staff to clear the line.
>>
That girl has horrible reaction time.
https://vid.me/OPgT
>>
people on the platform. fucking idiots should have known better.

though Amtrak should really have covered that section of the rail so it doesn't built up like that.
>>
>>1056276
The train driver should have stopped when he saw the snow on the tracks and proceeded slowly
>>
>>1056326
Where were they supposed to go?
It seemed to hit the entire platform.
>>
>>1056276
Poor station management.
>>
>>1056343
True, must've been a fucking surprise to them seeing as they all have their phones up to film the train coming in.
>>
>>1056276
>Driver
Trains take miles to stop, so not his fault
>People on platform
Not smart, but they are behind the line, so perfectly in the right.
>Station staff
Not their job to grit the tracks-the railway clears them with ploughs. However, if they didn't report the snow it could be their fault. However, perhaps they weren't trained properly, see next point.
>Rail operation company managing the station and railway
Didn't forsee this risk and close the station until it was cleared to protect their customers. Their fault 100%.
>>
>>1056401
The people close up filming were dumb.
I would've tried to duck behind column I guess.
>>
I guess people stood there and filmed because they thought that snow is light and fluffy: they were probably quite surprised to be reminded how not fluffy it can be.
>>
omg did she died?
>>
>>1056492
Best video was when a guy was shooting an Acela train coming through the station in Connecticut on the opposite side. Snow hit him full on.
>>
>>1056492
nah
>>
>>1056502
Link me bro.
>>
>>1056298
The train cleared the line just fine.

>>1056339
That's not how you run trains on time.
>>
>>1056536
>concuss customers
>just fine
>>
>>1056502
At first I thought you meant literally shooting and I was like "Connecticut? You sure you don't mean New Jersey"
>>
>>1056537
>concuss potatoes
They did a public service.
>>
Oh shit not entirely related to the op but do any trainbros know if snow/ice could ever cause a train to derail?
>>
>>1056574
Ice in flangeways at a crossing can derail a train. This normally only happens if you're shoving an empty car over it. You're suppossed to take an engine or loaded car over it first to break all the ice out.
>>
No one. There doesnt always have to be someone or something to crucify in order to claim oneself to be righteous or superior. Sometimes shit just happens.
>>
>>1056537
>kill people poor enough to be taking trains in 2017
>not a public service
I feel better about my tax dollars being given to Amtrak now.
>>
The people were. It's like standing next to a big puddle on the side of the road and wanting to sue the city if a car splashes you and some open wound you might have which becomes infected because you're just plain stupid. I'm surprised people aren't asking for padded corners on every building and step these days. It's bad enough that somebody sued McDonald's years ago over a hot coffee spill and that hot coffee to-go cups have to say, "CAUTION! HOT!" on them.
>>
>>1056624
Silly lawsuits are the only reason we have any emphasis on safety. If there was no way to hold organisations responsible for causing harm, they would give 0.0001% of the emphasis they currently do on maintaining safety, and it would turn into China, where you can't even use an escalator without being ground into mincemeat.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (14KB, 226x250px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
14KB, 226x250px
>>1056276
>>1056301
What a retard.
Standing this close to the tracks when a train passes without stopping is dangerous, snow or not.
>phone in hand
Of course. Fucking women.
>>
>>1056628
There's a difference between caring about safety and forcing safety down everyone's throat because people can't use common fucking sense.

If you see a train coming to station where the tracks are covered in snow common sense should tell you to gtfo. If you buy coffee common sense should tell you that it might in fact be hot and you should be careful. And if you are dense enough to burn your mouth with coffee you should take it as a lesson and be careful the next time instead of taking the company to court.
>>
>>1056409
Does a passenger train really take miles to stop? I can understand it if it was a freight train but I would of though given how passenger trains to to weigh a lot less it would require less distance to stop.
>>
Surely a raised platform would have reduced the intensity of the snow slamming the people on the platform? Can tracks be heated to prevent such a buildup?
>>
>>1056923
Yes, especially old loco hauled stock. Modern multiple units are slightly better but still take an age to stop. Steel wheel, steel rail means low resistance.

It's a huge misconception that trains can stop quickly. Sadly leads to a lot of deaths and injuries because people expect car stopping distances.
>>
>>1056339
>he
did you just assume the drivers gender?
>>
>>1056942
It annoys me how people fail to understand basic concepts like friction and momentum. Too many unnecessary deaths because someone failed to think logically or misjudge the speed of a train. Maybe it's necessary deaths from a Darwinian perspective. I heard stories that people have died walking along tracks and wearing headphones so they never heard the train coming up from behind, or bothered to think about why the ground below them was beginning to vibrate, can't really feel sorry for those retards.
>>
>>1056923
No, they do not. A passenger train can stop fairly quickly, not as fast as an automobile or something, but definitely not miles. The only trains that take a mile to stop are heavy freight trains running 50-60 mph. And I mean heavy. Like 12,000+ tons.

The stopping distance of trains is exaggerated by and large.
>>
>>1056923
>>1056949
Found a good video about why trains take long to stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca2lGLI_ICs
>>
>>1056955
Test it out bro
>>
>>1056958
I have. I work for the railroad and it does not take miles to stop.
>>
>>1056631
People stand that close to the yellow line all the time, and people are also on their phone all the time.
>>
>>1056624
educate yourself about that lawsuit, shit was literally scalding and McDonald's was really in the wrong
>>
>>1056288
Trains are blameless, holy creatures.
>>
>>1056276
Was anybody is this situation not being totally awesome?

I think not.
>>
Anyone know what station this is?
>>
>>1056948
>2017
>not knowing English
>>
>>1057043
Rhinecliff, NY, USA
>>
>>1056969
Do they combine the two all the time?
>>
>>1056276
>snow
>white
>male train diver
>danger to other ppl
>especially women

Do you se a pattern here?
>>
>>1057523
>snow
>white
where are the seven dwarves?
>>
>>1056276
did they ded?
>>
>>1057558
Coated in white stuff.
>>
>>1056942
Nope here is a train going into emergency and it stops fast (for a train)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyIW0r3-ruA
Some furry was filming some trains when some girls who lived on my old street jumped in front of the train, there was recently a fatality there so the crew was already on edge.
>>
>>1057633
>plugging the train for that.
Pathetic.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.