[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goddamn, look at this big ass motherfucker (:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

File: setmyballsonfire.jpg (43KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
setmyballsonfire.jpg
43KB, 400x300px
Goddamn, look at this big ass motherfucker (:
>>
lord god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1054652
She's a beaut ain't she (:
>>
>>1054651
That's tiny when compared to one of these beasts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0zZN2b6Bk

Cagers, cyclists and transit riders alike tremble in fear from this display of power
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwGnwoy1jo
>>
File: CoY8vV1UIAA6ysl.jpg (729KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CoY8vV1UIAA6ysl.jpg
729KB, 2048x1536px
At least 8 of them working 24 hours a day for the past 7 months hauling dirt for interchange ramps for a freeway project near me. And another 8 working on the other side of the city for the past year, plus dozens of smaller trucks. So I see them on many of my bike rides. Its weird seeing one fully loaded flying along at 60+ kph. The dirt pit is about 10 km from where they are currently dumping.

The hole they made has to be pretty massive by now. Should be at least as big as this one on the other side of town.
>>
>>1054653
When I was a kid I had a toy like that (I still have it stored), it was pretty nice because it was a replica, made of iron and moving mechanism. I also had a crane but that truck was my favourite, enjoyed a lot moving dirt with it. Not long ago I watched a vid about repairing one of these wheels wich got a puncture, really interesting video.
>>
File: DEWDNEY2_1.jpg (115KB, 1024x588px) Image search: [Google]
DEWDNEY2_1.jpg
115KB, 1024x588px
One of them seemed to have a mechanical issue last week.
>>
They make those in guelph Ontario, where I live.
>>
>>1054705
I knew that they made bigger ones, I've just never drove one that big.
>>
>>1054706

Is that the Regina bypass project?
>>
>>1055656
Yes, $1.8 billion gift to road cycling. Plus all the overpasses will provide climbing opportunities. What does suck during the construction process is all the jersery barriers blocking road shoulders, and mud / gravel in the areas where they are placed.

The 12 construction cameras are great for checking weather in different parts around here too. http://hotline.gov.sk.ca/rbcameras/
>>
>>1054706
Wow, the hole is getting pretty big. Cards Against Humanity has blown a lot of money on this.
>>
>>1055726

I haven't been east of town for a while but the last time I went the highways would have been pretty treacherous for road biking. I'm just getting into cucking now so maybe I'll make riding the bypass a goal to work towards once I get a better bike.

Nice to see another Regina anon here though.
>>
>>1055726
Where is this?
>>
>>1055762
Highway 46 is busy lately with people using it to avoid the construction but in pretty decent shape. Sketchy to get to it from the city though since neither MacDonald nor Fleet have shoulders. I usually approach it from the NW using Armour/Inland Dr to the dump road from Pasqua.

Most of my riding the last few years has been on the grid roads around the city, quiet and peaceful. Plus some interesting terrain north of the city towards the valley, and even trees east of the #6 in the Zehner / Frankslake area. The narrower grids tend to be in better shape since they don't get graded as often. If you look at OpenStreetMap or use the OSM layer with RideWithGPS you can see which roads are dirt and which are gravel, because you really want to avoid the dirt ones if they are wet.
>>
>>1054706
jesus, where are they taking all that dirt too?
>>
>>1055771

Noted. What kind of bike do you ride on the grids with?
>>
>>1055769

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
>>
>>1055781
I will have to bike there.
>>
>>1055780
I use my touring bike with 700 x 35 knobby cross tires, most people use cross bikes. I mostly ride in the ruts left by cars, as it pushes most of the gravel out of the way. Just need to be careful crossing the loose stuff between the ruts.

This time of year the gravel is embedded in the dirt with very few loose spots aside from the far edges. A few days after a decent rain the grid roads can end up smoother than even fresh asphalt (until the graders churn it up).

>>1055783
>I will have to bike there.
Its flat and windy here, not really a cycling travel destination. The overpasses will literally be the only climbing in town aside from the fake hill in the park where people stop their cars to smoke weed.
>>
>>1055777
Land is totally flat. The dirt is being used to make a 40 km 4 lane highway, 55 km of service roads along with ramps / clover leafs for about 50 bridge structures. A project site says they need 17 million cubic meters of dirt. I think there are 4 or 5 dirt pits.
>>
Off topic, but what do they use all that aggregate for?

In Ontario they had a dozen little pits all along the 401 when they built it, to save on cost.

But how many tiny rocks does the world really need? There's got to be thousands of such pits in the world.
>>
File: IMG_3182.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3182.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>1055817
Asphalt is like rice krispie squares made of tiny rocks. Road base is a combination of rocks and sandy soil to drain well to resist frost heaving. Then under that is low organic soil to build up the necessary height. You don't want to build on top soil because the organics will decay causing subsidence.

Some places have the necessary materials conveniently distributed. Other places they are more localized and need to be hauled further. In Bangladesh there are virtually no local rock, so they build with clay brick, and also break up bricks into smaller pieces to use as aggregate in concrete.
>>
>>1055794

>touring bike with knobby tires
>lives in Regina

Intriguing. Let me know if I'm asking too many questions, but your bike is pretty much the exact setup I want. What kind of bike is it? Where'd you buy it? Has it been satisfactory for riding around here? As I said earlier I'm just getting into cycling and am looking to get out of the shit MTB I've been riding for the last few years.
>>
>>1055840
Its a Trek 520 I got from Western Cycle, I think its a 2009 model. I wouldn't recommend that specific bike as the 520 head tube is too short making the bar height too low for endurance riding. I was only able to finally make mine comfy by adding a steering tube extender. Lower bars may not be an issue if you have better flexibility than I do.

Something billed as an adventure bike might be the best way to go these days if you want to be able to do a bit of everything. Touring bikes have lots of mounts but are built like tanks. Cross bikes are lighter, more aggressive, shorter back end for snappier handling but may lack rack / fender mounts, short chainstays can cause heal strike problems if using panniers. Adventure bikes tend to fall somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>1055797
what are they going to do with the holes?

i wanna see their routes from hole to onramps and the diff dumptrucks they use
>>
>>1055871
>what are they going to do with the holes?
No plan has been made yet, though I heard one might become a lake for a suburb to the east. If left alone the walls will slump in becoming less steep, and fill with water becoming a mosquito breeding ground. Would be nice to see them made into parks, maybe even a mountain bike park. Probably need a pond at the bottom to collect water, and a pump to get rid of excess.

This is a fall progress video, might be some equipment in there. The only two dump trucks used on the project are the Cat 777 and smaller Cat 740b. I don't recall it including the pits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1w6EWTlXAc

Judging what I can see in the pit photo this is probably it on google maps, doesn't look like much from overhead. Panning around you can see other roads in the SW and NW part of the city, but the city imagery is older than the images outside the city so several chunks of the construction area are missing.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4387397,-104.4685854,1670m/data=!3m1!1e3
>>
File: dump.jpg (239KB, 1270x670px) Image search: [Google]
dump.jpg
239KB, 1270x670px
>>1055882
From the video, a few truck loads of dirt went into this ramp.
>>
>>1055656
>Vagina bypass project

sounds illegal
>>
>>1055843

Thanks for the advice! An "adventure bike" sounds like it would be quite fitting. I don't really want anything with a suspension but a purpose-built road bike is a bit much for me. I'm just looking to get in shape more than anything and cycling seems like the best way to get exercise while enjoying mechanical interaction.
>>
>>1055882
so they make like construction roads for those bigass trucks to get to the job sites? wouldnt this cross over with like normal traffic roads over the stretch of 50km

i imagine they use a lof of highway capable trucks as well
>>
>>1055885
i wonder how much fuel has been burned for this project?
>>
>>1056016

That part of the city only has a handful of highways coming out of it and there are crossings for construction vehicles, but for the most part I think they stick to their own roads.
>>
>>1056018
93794564 litres is the number listed on their site
>>
File: GOLD MOSU VS ROAD DUMP TRUCK.webm (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
GOLD MOSU VS ROAD DUMP TRUCK.webm
3MB, 512x384px
>>1054651
>>
>>1057003

I can't tell who is the bad guy.
>>
>>1057028
Both are evil.
>>
File: haul truck drift.jpg (150KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
haul truck drift.jpg
150KB, 900x600px
I really wanna try drifting one of these. That's some pretty flat handling.
>>
>>1057140

That's not being drifted.

It's making a turn to its right. Look at the front tire how it's wrapping towards the right
>>
>>1057140
Are there two people in that cab? What does the co-pilot do?
>>
>>1057140
you are more likely to roll it.. I hear about a truck rolling at a mine literally every 6 months
>>
File: haul truck.jpg (366KB, 1027x771px) Image search: [Google]
haul truck.jpg
366KB, 1027x771px
>>1059771

Only one driver. A lot of them are driven by women.
>>
>>1054651
The mine view by me has one of these that you can climb in and on. I might be my certification and try to get a job driving them eventually.
>>
File: 420787.jpg (130KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
420787.jpg
130KB, 1024x679px
>>
File: wtt.jpg (265KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
wtt.jpg
265KB, 2048x1536px
Chinese dumper

WTW220E
>>
File: ETF1386.jpg (105KB, 710x561px) Image search: [Google]
ETF1386.jpg
105KB, 710x561px
>>1060657

now ETF concept
>>
File: ETF_004.jpg (86KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
ETF_004.jpg
86KB, 1000x750px
>>1060658

Which is now becoming real
>>
File: Devastatorclassics.jpg (34KB, 402x500px) Image search: [Google]
Devastatorclassics.jpg
34KB, 402x500px
>>1059814
>>
You are a big truck..
>>
>>1059778
>A lot of them are driven by women.
Those companies that hire them must have some pretty good insurance policy then.
>>
>>1060658
>>1060659

We tiberian harvesters now

>>1060715

The way the lady looks in >>1059778 she has the vibe of a much more seasoned and skilled driver than most /o/tists
>>
>>1060715
Driving set routes is easy for women because they don't have to think, you can teach them the route and teach them to drive the truck and leave them to it. That's why there are a lot of females driving urban busses, but very few driving tour coach type work. They aren't smart enough to deal with unfamiliar roads.
>>
>>1060767

Why it's it that Soccer mom's who do the same thing every day every week, fuck up so bad?
>>
>>1060693
4u
>>
>>1060798
Because when they are around their kids the "mummy brain" switched on which makes it harder for them to engage in critical thinking (which they struggle with already)
>>
>>1059771
He usually holler at girls from the passengers side of his co-workers ride while they are stopped at the traffic lights
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.