[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

public transit that triggers your OCD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 21

File: 1석계역_승강장.jpg (825KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1석계역_승강장.jpg
825KB, 1632x1224px
See, for example, the floor tiles on this Seoul commuter rail station platform.
>>
>>1054572
I kinda like it
>>
>>1054586
>>1054586

Korea has one of the highest suicide rates in the world.
>>
>>1054589
I kinda like it
>>
>>1054572
I'm less triggered by the tiles and more triggered by how the chairs are not the same shade of green as the columns. Asians cannot into artistic design.
>>
File: why.jpg (153KB, 504x599px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
153KB, 504x599px
>>
>>1054572
The fire extinguishers are haphazardly placed on the floor by the doors instead of being mounted on the columns.
>>
File: Mi_PW_Bahnsteig.jpg (1MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Mi_PW_Bahnsteig.jpg
1MB, 2304x3072px
>>1054572
This fucking piece of shit platform and its retarded steps and fence in the middle
>>
File: peron2.jpg (48KB, 495x371px) Image search: [Google]
peron2.jpg
48KB, 495x371px
Kőbánya-Kispest (Budapest, Hungary).
Yeah, you see this well. That pillar stands in front of the stairs, which - to make things worse - has a side barrier, maybe just to make the pillar absolutely inavoidable.
>>
File: Bahnhof_Porta.jpg (600KB, 1259x932px) Image search: [Google]
Bahnhof_Porta.jpg
600KB, 1259x932px
>>1054712
But it offers a great view, being right next to weser river. Shame they didn't reuse the old station though.
>>
File: anderson-st-crossing.jpg (544KB, 2150x1322px) Image search: [Google]
anderson-st-crossing.jpg
544KB, 2150x1322px
this crossing right here, there was a pedestrian underpass but the council filled it in and replaced it with a grade crossing. With the frequency of the trains, gates stay closed for ages. There is no other way to change platforms, really triggers me when i miss the train because of the crossing
>>
File: underpass.jpg (111KB, 960x583px) Image search: [Google]
underpass.jpg
111KB, 960x583px
>>1054902
pic of the underpass back when the station was built
>>
>>1054897
That's true. It's like most of Westphalia: Beautiful nature clashing with gray utilitarian infrastructure.
>>
>>1054888
Incompetent architects or were people driving down the stairs perhaps?
>>
File: Koeln_Hauptbahnhof_Luftaufnahme.jpg (450KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Koeln_Hauptbahnhof_Luftaufnahme.jpg
450KB, 1280x960px
Köln Hauptbahnhof

The canopy on the platforms causes optical illusion, making it look like a side of the main station building.
>>
>>1054902
>>1054903
Why would somebody do this?
>>
>>1054902
Why does America have so many at grade crossings?
>>
>>1055022
Almost all rail crossings are at grade in America but the pic in >>1054902 is not in America. The road markings and orientation of the cars is a dead giveaway that it is the UK, plus anon referred to the local government as "council" we don't do that in the states.
>>
>>1055033
>Yarraville
It's Victoria, Australia, the crossing gates and urban vernacular make that apparent.

Here's an example from America. A single-track branch line with passing sidings. There's space for two tracks at the station, but they removed and fenced off the inbound platform, so inbound trains now have to stop twice if there's an outbound train preceding it.
>>
File: willowgrove.png (1MB, 606x713px) Image search: [Google]
willowgrove.png
1MB, 606x713px
>>1055042
Pic
>>
>>1055042
>>1055043
Oh okay, my bad. Forgot that Aussies drive on the left like the Brits do, also double yellow line on edges threw me off too.
>>
>>1054572
>all that time and money to have glass doors on platform
Why?
>>
>>1055090
See >>1054589
>>
>>1055090
I recently flew to Denver and got to ride on the Denver International Airport Automated Guideway Transit System. It has doors like that which create a nice effect very similar to getting on and off a horizontally moving elevator.
>>
>>1055042
>>1055043
>There's space for two tracks at the station, but they removed and fenced off the inbound platform, so inbound trains now have to stop twice if there's an outbound train preceding it.

wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf
>>
File: hemshofstr-rolltreppe-escalator.jpg (388KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hemshofstr-rolltreppe-escalator.jpg
388KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>1055285
>why.jpg
>>
>>1055317
>>1055285
maybe they were expecting the platform to be raised soon
>>
>>1055317
>>1055331
Escalator machinery?
>>
>>1054572
Does aesthetics OCD count?
The green line. Sharp S-turn terminating at a corner away from the city center for nothing but construction convenience.
>>
File: 1-1 Route Map.png (2MB, 3500x2124px) Image search: [Google]
1-1 Route Map.png
2MB, 3500x2124px
>>1054572
>>1055388
>>
>>1055388
>>1055389
Speaking of the MTR
>making an entire line transfer instead of one individual stop
This triggers me on so many levels. I can't imagine how mad I'd be if I actually lived on the line.
>>
File: mtreeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (76KB, 770x567px) Image search: [Google]
mtreeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
76KB, 770x567px
>>1055396
They didn't even need to have Kennedy Town transfer, they could have easily just extended the line from there.
>>
>>1055397
>>1055396
I don't understand the issue here. Are there really people commuting between Kennedy Town to Aberdeen, or is this just autism?
>>
>>1055399
No, it's that if you live anywhere on the South Island line you are forced to transfer to get to the CBD or really any place of note.
>>
>>1055396
>>1055397
>>1055399
>>1055402
SIL is a small yet fucked project but that's not where it's problematic.
1. ISL (blue line) is heavy rail (8-car). SIL (East and West) is medium-capacity heavy rail (3-car). We like to play with a common fleet here. No rolling stock mess.
2. ISL extension into Southern District was considered but rejected.
3. HKU houses reserved structure as an interchange for a platform. It's decided. Kennedy Town is one cramped station like Sai Ying Pun.
The transfer part is idiotic because they decide a lack of space in Wong Chuk Hang removes branching as an option, making it two lines and forcing a transfer at HKU or Wong Chuk Hang (the latter not preferred for obvious reasons).
1. I don't see any capacity issue, at the station and on train.
2. This false dilemma forces themselves into the corner where you have to build the whole line to HKU when branching out till Wah Fu or Tin Wan is fine already as the first or perhaps only phase. Wah Fu Estate is pending redevelopment and the government is using all kinds of excuses to delay construction of the line. Opposition there (muh quiet neighborhood like Happy Valley cagers and hermits) further complicates it. The Pok Fu Lam section (HKU - Wah Fu) has no demand to justify any rail by local standards and priorities.
3. To me a literally straightforward extension of East Rail solves all problem. Admiralty - Ocean Park removes any possibility for transfers elsewhere, dooming the station now. Some original plans called for route via Wan Chai and Happy Valley, maybe terminating at Exhibition (Wan Chai North) instead. I see Causeway Bay as a possibility too.
I can talk about this all day. We are years away from Shatin-Central Link and North Island Line at the overcrowding Admiralty. Meanwhile just take the bus. Pok Fu Lam Road is scenic and quick (pity I can't find good pics).
>>
File: LU MA Stadtschnellbahn.png (153KB, 1375x961px) Image search: [Google]
LU MA Stadtschnellbahn.png
153KB, 1375x961px
>>1055317
>>1055331
It's this, Ludwigshafen and Mannheim's underground tram was supposed to grow into a highfloor subway system someday.
Though they stopped after only building 5 stations (out of which the first, Danziger Platz, is already closed and the next one, Rathaus, Hauptpost in this map, is going to replaced with a surface line)
Instead they (especially in Mannheim) built more new surface tram lines instead, which eventually were equipped with lowfloor vehicles.
>>
File: gaddafi.jpg (21KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
gaddafi.jpg
21KB, 400x276px
>>1055847
>white U, blue background
>underground station

>blue U, white background
>overground station
Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>1055852
I would understand if it has something to do with disabled access. Otherwise it's literally pointless information cluttering the map.
>>
>>1055943
Eh, that's not my point. Marking overground stations with a U is just confusing as fuck.
>>
>>1054572
>when the tram, subway, bus, train, ferry is late
>when its full and the heat and smell of dirty humans makes you want to vomit and you have to hold onto the bars which have never been cleaned
>when its not full but the driver ignores your stop because he is running late or thinks it is full when it isnt and is a bastard whoreson
>when some maniac suicidal hobo decides to run into the tunnel and live there and the tracks are closed for weeks
>when your electronic ticket runs out during the trip and the faggot assblaster wants you to pay a fine
I hate transportation /n/
>>
>>1055387
You can add the steps arbitrarily

There's a pic about japan escalator with 5 steps
>>
>>1054572
That's a sign of low level corruption there

>PSD on an open air train station
>fire extinguisher situated haphazardly
>flooring with visible evidence of mistakes in planning
>>
>>1055949
Either you live in a terrible place or you are very sensitive
>>
>>1055951
Nearly all of above ground commuter rail stations in Seoul have PSDs because of the massive wave of subway suicides around 2005.

The flooring is that way because the platform was expanded.

The straight, narrow left 1/3 is the original platform.

It was too small to safely contain waiting passengers during rush hour, so the rail on the right side was moved further right and the space the right side rail previously occupied was filled in with a raised platform.

The newly built side of the platform is shaped like a wedge because station was built just before start of a curve (moving the right side further right meant curve now starts within station limit instead of at the end of station platform).
>>
File: elinkmap750.png (180KB, 750x508px) Image search: [Google]
elinkmap750.png
180KB, 750x508px
Pretty much this entire line. I can go into the nitty details about how stupidly political the entire process was and continues to be.
>>
File: I5-opt-2_base.jpg (114KB, 2000x1159px) Image search: [Google]
I5-opt-2_base.jpg
114KB, 2000x1159px
>>1056005
Oh, and also this
>>
>>1054601
Topeka?
>>
>>1056024
brampton, ontario
>>
>>1054601
are these the LRT alignments?
>>
File: Gateway.jpg (178KB, 779x559px) Image search: [Google]
Gateway.jpg
178KB, 779x559px
>>1057873
Yes, the Brampton city council narrowed it down to those two alignments.

These two alignments also requires the relocation of the Gateway Terminal LRT station to the south side of the Hurontario/Main/Steeles intersection. A pedestrian tunnel is planned to connect the LRT station to the bus terminal.
>>
This is really stupid but the Expo Line (Vancouver) uses a mix of rolling stock so you can't predict where the doors will be on the platform.

If there's one nice thing that come from switching the Millennium Line to exclusively 2 car MKIIs it's that you can predict where the doors are and wait on the platform accordingly. Same with the Canada Line's standardized rolling stock.
>>
>>1054601
>mfw your city council voted down $800 million from the province to build a decent LRT line because "muh historic downtown" that is literally this

if it makes you feel any better I live in Scarborough and our councillors are voluntarily getting us fucked over by the one-stop subway because we want it like that

we really are holding Toronto back :^)
>>
>>1056005
Isn't the guy who owns the big mall in Bellevue one of the main opponents of East Link?
>>
>>1058127
The Main Street section was actually $200 million. A tunnel (scrapped) under Main Street was to cost $410-$570 million.
>>
>>1055947
The whole thing is 'U-bahn' so all the stations are U-bahnhofs regardless of whether it's underground or not
>>
>>1054598

They probably were the same shade until the paint on the structure faded.
>>
>>1054902
It's the same further down the line at Williamstown North which is odd because at Williamstown North kids were getting killed at the level crossing there but nope, they kept the underpass. This is why new stations on the Metro are all footbridges over the tracks. People feel safer on footbridges then in dark wet underpasses.
>>
>>1058190
How about the London Overground, which have some parts under ground.
>>
>>1058198
I guess he meant the \// pattern
>>
>>1060305
Ah, you're talking chairs not tiles. Nevermind
>>
>>1054712
What's the fence for?
>>
File: Mi_PW_Bahnsteig2.jpg (188KB, 1200x879px) Image search: [Google]
Mi_PW_Bahnsteig2.jpg
188KB, 1200x879px
>>1060313
Probably some dumb bureaucratic building requirement. The platform has to be slightly higher on one side than on the other, so it has to have steps and ramps in the middle. But since some people apparently are too stupid not to fall over and die if there's a 10cm/4" step in the middle of the platform, they had to place this fence and the little ramps every ten meters. I guess at least it's accessible this way.

Another issue is that access to the platform is on completely the wrong side. They should have built stairs and an escalator to the bridge you see in the distance on these pictures. From there, you would have direct access to the town center of Hausberge, as well as to Barkhausen and Holzhausen. Roughly 13 200 people live in those three localities.
Instead, you get direct access to a brothel and Neesen and Lerbeck, at about 5 600 inhabitants. If you wanna go anywhere near the town center, you have to go the long way around, walking over a large parking lot or right next to a highway.
>>
File: Mi_PW_Bahnhof.jpg (2MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Mi_PW_Bahnhof.jpg
2MB, 2304x3072px
>>1060358
Meant to post this one
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.