[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nyc/ General - Grand Central Depot edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Grand Central Depot.jpg (143KB, 900x704px) Image search: [Google]
Grand Central Depot.jpg
143KB, 900x704px
First edition of a general thread for the New York City area.

Discuss anything about travel and transportation in the New York area.
>>
What's the best NYC Subway station overall?
>>
>>1054600
14th street union square. If your train doesnt stop here its irrelevant
>>
>>1054600
In terms of design, I'd give it to Coney Island.

Access? That's going to be Times Square, of course.

The worst has to be Chambers Street on the Nassau St. Line, however.
>>
>>1054600
59th Street Columbus Circle because everything that matters stops there and there's no L train cancer spitting out Brooklyn scum
>>
>>1054682
Interesting that you mention Coney Island Terminal, as its Wikipedia article achieved good article status today (I think around 10 other NYC Subway station articles also have this distinction).

Coney Island Terminal is also the southernmost station in the system, the most energy-efficient station (via solar panels on the roof), and it's the largest elevated rail terminal in North America. It's little tower at the entrance built as an homage to the old Coney Island parks is pretty snazzy, too.
>>
>>1054682
What makes the Brooklyn Bridge–City Hall/Chambers Street station the worst?
>>
File: BMT Chambers.jpg (100KB, 623x364px) Image search: [Google]
BMT Chambers.jpg
100KB, 623x364px
>>1054798
The BMT side of the station.
See for yourself.
>>
>>1054798
They keep it that way to scare tourists so they still will think brooklyn is hood lmao
>>
>>1054684
Literally the flyover of subway stations
>no 6 line
>no Q
>>
>tfw threads about cities' public transit and sheit are becoming more common
>tfw live in medium city outside anglosphere and will never have own thread
sad!
>>
>>1054820
You can make a thread for your city yourself, you know.
>>
>>1054826
>tfw only guy posting in said thread
for what purpose
>>
While the MTA, despite its problems, is doing well, out east, the situation is vastly different...

Pic related.
>>
File: NICE Cuts 2017.jpg (1MB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
NICE Cuts 2017.jpg
1MB, 3300x2550px
>>1054912
Accidentally forgot the picture in the previous post... oops.

On a side note, they can't even get the map of the service cuts correct, because there are some issues (for example, n22a service is remaining).
>>
>>1054807
>6
>good

pls no

Q is my shit tho
>>
I recently went to NYC
The transit museum was awesome
They even have all of the old subway and commuter cars on bottom floor that you can go into

They also had a large section devoted to 9/11 and transit on 9/11 which was pretty wierd/boring/not necessary
>>
>making a thread about transportation a general
There's no rule on 4chan that all threads must be generals, OP.
>>
>>1055030
South bronx here, no bully plz its not our fault we have to share with UES fgts
>>
Anyone exciting for east side access? My office is getting moved near GC so if they divert some trains on my line (port wash) it would be less annoying then having to transfer to the 7 at Woodside. Also, is anyone else worried about the plans for NYP? I think a lot of it will still have us shuffling in urine catacombs despite the construction at Farley, unless there's been some updates. I can't be the only one who wants to just raze MSG and stop this "let's sell all the air rights to condos" BS.
>>
>>1054807
>6 line
>Q line
This is the "guy from Atlanta who thinks Atlanta isn't flyover land" of train lines

Let me guess, you live in Yorkville and are euphoric now that you're on the map again?
>>
>>1054820
>>1054826
It's hard to tell if there are enough people for one - there's at least one other person from my area, and a few more if we can assume no one's pretending to be other people and having a conversation with themselves, but there's no way to know if it's just a few people in all of the threads, or if there are enough that they're all different.
>>
>>1055625
>Anyone exciting for east side access?

It would be interesting if, as part of this, they set thing up in such a way that Amtrak trains could run directly from Penn Station to Grand Central and vice-versa. Not sure if there is enough space between them for the track curves needed, though.
>>
When?
>>
>>1056564
probably by 2025
>>
File: 1486090856806.png (319KB, 447x679px) Image search: [Google]
1486090856806.png
319KB, 447x679px
>>1055627
No i live in the bronx actually, and the Q is good for seeing my grandma in brooklyn because every other line literally takes an hour and a half. Shame on you, anon
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.