[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /n/-Region

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

File: crossfatecityconceptadimono.jpg (58KB, 600x319px) Image search: [Google]
crossfatecityconceptadimono.jpg
58KB, 600x319px
The great country of 4chan houses many independently-operated regions. To the east, there's the /a/-region, to the south the /b/-region, and many others.

What does /n/ look like? How's the government? City design? Demographics? Geography? Or dare I say.... the transportation systems?
>>
Literally 0 roads as cars are not allowed. Everything is transported by tram and everyone has a state-issued bike.
Cagers are sent to death camps.
>>
File: ICAME.jpg (111KB, 600x819px) Image search: [Google]
ICAME.jpg
111KB, 600x819px
>>1054229
fpbp
>>
>>1054225
The city is actually a giant train roaming the planet literal Snowpiercer style, but with the actual climate- and season matching. Residents travel between the thousands of train cars through a German hanging monorail line hanging off of the side of the entirety of the train.

Apartment cars, farm cars (biomes and all that), hospital cars, restaurant cars, everything is there. The council resides and governs from a blimp tethered to the top of the train, separated from the people.
When a councilman dies, a citizen is elected and sent to the blimp. This is the only time the blimp is lowered. The train does not travel through tunnels, but rather has shutters to simulate night time for the citizens inside.
>>
File: 1481086758249.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481086758249.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>1054240
>tfw I know definitely belong here because reading this excites me as much as oppai loli.

what develops transport autism?
>>
File: the-original-epcot-F-4x3-750.jpg (136KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
the-original-epcot-F-4x3-750.jpg
136KB, 750x600px
It would look like EPCOT
>>
>>1054229
But where do bicycles ride
>>
File: OxQRz.gif (452KB, 200x153px) Image search: [Google]
OxQRz.gif
452KB, 200x153px
>>1054229
>>
>>1054313
Roads are three lanes

One-way for trucks, busses, delivery vehicles and other non-personal transportation, the other two lanes for bikes
>>
File: IMG_6025.jpg (69KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6025.jpg
69KB, 600x424px
>>1054332
>>
>>1054225
only bike lanes and alleyways for personal transportation.

All motorized vehicles must be commercial delivery or transit, and entirely electric.
>>
It looks a lot like Seattle with fewer cars.
>streetcars, subways, light rail, monorail, heavy commuter rail, continental scale rail, and nice stations
>ferries
>water taxis
>bicycles everywhere
>airports
>long waterfront with a bunch of marinas for everything from megayachts to liveaboard houseboats
>>
>>1054403
fellow seattlite here
>long waterfront with a bunch of marinas for everything from megayachts to liveaboard houseboats

So the water will still be shit?
neato
>>
>>1054298
>what develops transport autism?
Actual autism.
>>
>>1054240
>train on a train
>plus blimp train
FUND IT
>>
File: Bianchi-Kun2.jpg (685KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Bianchi-Kun2.jpg
685KB, 720x1280px
>>
>>1054403
Seattle is a transit mess
>""""Rapid""""Ride B""""R""""T
>meme streetcars in mixed traffic
>75% of the city is zoned for single family homes
>NIMBYs everywhere
>LRT not fully grade separated
>>
>>1054579
true but still better than 99% of the country.
SRT3 is an ideal, but the residential zoning and nimbys are fucking us all over.
I dont want to live in San Francisco 2.0
>>
going to leave this here
>>
>>1054580
>I dont want to live in San Francisco 2.0
Too late, you already are.
>>
>>1054507
What ever happened to that cross dressing slut?
>>
>>1054579
as far as modern LRT goes, Seattle's isn't that bad

still think that Buffalo has the best LRT system in the country, however (in terms of speed)
>>
>>1054309
Oh please god no

>dat atrocious land use
>>
>>1054641

>san fran 2010
>1100/mo to share a crawlspace with a junkie in haight-ashbury
>your side of the wall doesnt have the gloryhole
>tinnitus from the BART
>have to suck dick in the Daly City co-op to be able to afford groceries
>have to fight the blacks weekly to keep from getting your bike stolen

Nah, we're not there yet.
>>
>>1054851
Does green space trigger your autism?
>>
>>1054866
BART has the worst noise I have ever heard on a metro.
>>
>no highways
>no personal cars at all
>all streets are pedestrianized (with cobblestones in some districts) with separated two way bike line running down the middle
>tasteful mixture of organic style road layout and grids similar to Boston
>uniform 6 story height limit
>stadbahn style mix of elevated and underground metro lines/integration with streetcar lines
>clearly defined city limits filled with farmland and explorable wilderness/parks demarcating the edge
>pleasant water front and a few delightful canals
>streets lined with trees
>modern architecture is banned
>all trains/metros/streetcars are automated so perfect timetables
>>
>>1055059
Sounds like you just want Boston without cars and ugly glass box skyscrapers. I can't complain.
>>
File: H_Limmerstr01.jpg (114KB, 875x507px) Image search: [Google]
H_Limmerstr01.jpg
114KB, 875x507px
Literally every street in every direction is like Limmerstraße, Hannover.
>>
>>1055059
Goddamn this sounds incredible.
>>
>>1054225
(more for the etire city)
HUGE 2000m block skycrapers with 5 elevator hubs one for every side and one for in the middle.
each elevator hub contains 2 regular elevators (presure relieve change every 20-40 floors) and one Paternoster Lift set

skyscraper's highest floors are conected by a wuppertal schwebebahn (think skyrail bioshock) esque system for goods and individuals

a lot of small metros for individuals (with the option to join together during rush hour)
underground goods-train network connected to individual buildings via basement station

uniform roads for pedestreans only exept emergancy cervices who get a light stip and noise alarm for when they are coming through

on the outskirts are parking lots for individuals and import / export hubs are seperated
>>
>>1055222
>skyscraper's highest floors are conected by a wuppertal schwebebahn (think skyrail bioshock)
While I like the idea in principle, a suspension monorail in great height has a significant disadvantage. In case of an accident, there is nowhere to evacuate to and in the worst case, the train just plummets 2000m to the ground and crashes with no survivors.
Regular trains on bridges with emergency sidewalks would work better.
>>
>>1055200
>kino
>>
File: lYWkp1q.jpg (129KB, 878x408px) Image search: [Google]
lYWkp1q.jpg
129KB, 878x408px
>>1055222
That's pretty fucking rad. Basically this, except not nazis and monorails+lightrail instead of the road
>>
>>1055274
Yes what
>>
>>1054229
>cars are not allowed

So, bro trucks then.

>delivery vehicles and other non-personal transportation

So, anyone with a contractor license. Bro trucks.
>>
File: Oblivion_BubbleShip.jpg (129KB, 570x279px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion_BubbleShip.jpg
129KB, 570x279px
Kill 99% of the population. Everyone remaining gets one of these, and a hot wife.

They live in huge towers, thousands of feet tall, completely separated from everyone else.

No I didn't just watch Oblivion.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.