[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSA regarding mountain bikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

On a whim I stopped at an unknown bike shop the other day and I inadvertently solved the MTB mystery. I wondered why the baggy pants wearing, ski-lift loving lazy bike haters are always posting on the transportation board even though they don't exist IRL. Well they do exist, it turns out! I saw some, not just the regular MTB people who are obviously just too poor to afford a real bike so they duck pedal at 8 RPM on their 90s rigid MTB with plastic bags hanging off the handlebars, but also the made up special 4chan MTB fans who think that spending more on the same stupid shit somehow makes you go down the groomed ski slope faster that you drove your MTB to in the back of a motorized cage.

But they don't go to normal bike shops, they go to the MTB people shop where everyone looks like a scrawny fetal alcohol baby and talks in incomprehensible children's slang while wearing "streetwear" and they compete over who can have the knobbiest tires for mostly riding around on concrete. Turns out, at this shop, pretty much all they deal with is MTBs and their clientele is made up of all those people who think you need a special remote-controlled motorized seat post, and you should carry around a special pump so your bike's frame geometry can avoid sagging, and non-transport-relevant shit like that.

Anyway it's still a mystery why MTB people think they should be on /n/ transportation (but I guess it's no more silly than skateboards or rollerblades).
>>
>>1053314
Duly noted
>>
File: scott2010.jpg (321KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
scott2010.jpg
321KB, 1600x1200px
tl:dr
>>
>>1053314
>duck pedal
?
>>
>>1053314
road racing isn't /n/ either, but we still tolerate them.
the only people that should be bikeposting on /n/ are randonneurs, 90s bso commuter conversions, and messengers but for the most part i see cat6ers, freds, and recreational velosports enthusiasts, none of which are /n/ and all of which should rightly be on /asp/. deal with it, faggot.
>>
File: what the duck.jpg (205KB, 510x405px) Image search: [Google]
what the duck.jpg
205KB, 510x405px
>>1053348
Quaak?
>>
>>1053364
Road racing? Because why, I have a bike that doesn't have big knobby tires and a retractable seat lost? MTB fans sure are dumb
>>
>>1053385
Maybe because there's a literal racing general
>>
>>1053385
not an argument.

bicycle racing is a(n alternative) sport and belongs on /asp/ yet you're STILL HERE shitposting on my planes, trains and seafaring vessels board.
>>
Mtbers are usually chubby greasy haired squat weed smoking dude bros too ugly and smelly to be part LD the skater crowd.

Road cyclists are generally tall and handsome and fit and have an elegant European style.
>>
File: p5pb14343637.jpg (598KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
p5pb14343637.jpg
598KB, 1024x683px
>>1053403

It's the exact opposite for me. I drive by the Cafe's on the way to the trails and see all the fat middle aged men in lycra staring angrily at their garmins or strava on their phone.

Then I get to the trailhead or DH park and see a bunch of people in good shape having a good time. Most MTB'ers are small and do other sports which keep them in shape.

Even at 200lbs you're going to be breaking shit constantly on a MTB whereas a 350lb MAMIL can get on a road bike and haul ass.
>>
File: 1415435388827.jpg (276KB, 502x800px) Image search: [Google]
1415435388827.jpg
276KB, 502x800px
I DO BOTH on a chill level

whats with the hate?
>>
>>1053430
People love all the drama. Motorcycle, road bike, MTB... it doesn't matter to me. Stay on two wheels bros
>>
>>1053403
That and they have no strength whatsoever because of their vidya. I love it when I pass a MTB fattie doing the duck wobble and he gets all buttflustered and tries to pass me again, so I let him and then wheelsuck for about a mile until his heart explodes and he pulls over to call 9-1-1
>>1053423
Those guys on road bikes all look pretty fit though
>>
>>1053314
has potential but missed the mark. hope you do better next time
>>
Do any of the icons of MTB have the class of Merckx?

Oh right I didn't think so.
>>
File: joe_breeze.jpg (33KB, 300x440px) Image search: [Google]
joe_breeze.jpg
33KB, 300x440px
>>1053438
>I love it when I pass a MTB fattie doing the duck wobble and he gets all buttflustered and tries to pass me again
If you, riding a roadbike on pavemet, passed someone on an MTB and they tried to pass you back: They're not a real mountain biker, they're an idiot who happens to be riding a mountain bike. Probably someone who thinks they need shocks for hopping curbs.

>>1053516
Joe Breeze is a gentleman and a saint.

See also Tom Ritchey, Charlie Cunningham, Wende Cragg, Charlie Kelly, Jacquie Phelan
>>
I think we can all agree that cyclocross is way more hardcore than either road or mtb.
>>
>>1053541
yeah but only if you're using a steel frame single-speed with external brake cable routing for maximum shoulder disharmony.
>>
>>1053516
i'll see your eddy merckx and raise you one danny macaskill.
>>
>>1053552
Macaskill's talented; I don't think anyone would dispute that. But he doesn't have the class or the toughness of a Merckx, a Coppi, a Kelly, etc.
>>
>>1053516
Having icons makes you /n/
>>
>>1053554
Also trainfags planefags boatfags, you better have some icons otherwise road bikers will claim you are phony
>>
File: mariosmoke8bx.jpg (45KB, 432x590px) Image search: [Google]
mariosmoke8bx.jpg
45KB, 432x590px
>>1053434
>People love all the drama. Motorcycle, road bike, MTB... it doesn't matter to me. Stay on two wheels bros

Ive been on 2.35" tires for years and just recently purchased a high end vitnage steel road bike (and know plenty of serious mtber who road ride regularly) - shit is so fun and responsive and it really helps with understanding stuff like countesteering and some other mtb techniques.

that being said, the MTV/redbull culture is pure cancer I hated it from the start.
>>
>>1053606
>MTV/redbull culture
HOW ARE PEOPLE GOING TO KNOW IM FAST IF ALL MY SHIT DOESNT SAY TROY LEE DESIGNS
>>
>>1053384
>no /pb/ - paddleboat general on /n/
And you guys call yourselves the transportation board.
>>
>>1053541

Carrying your bike like a fucking purse 50% of the time. Fuck no. Plus even the UCI pro riders have horrible bike handling skills compared to a mountain biker.
>>
>>1053430
welcome to 4chan desu

>fellow baggy shorts and road bike crew checking in
>>
>>1053634
>he hasn't taken the hoverboard redpill
>>
>>1053430
>>1053643
Senpai
Mfw fat guys in Lycra on FELTs get passed by me wearing athletic shorts over padded shorts and a workout top on my low range CANNONDALE
>>
File: 1481607348426.gif (549KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1481607348426.gif
549KB, 250x231px
>>1053693
>mfw im a fat guy in baggies over bibs and a flannel top on my mid range TRANSITION

beers, burgers and bikes pointed downhill
>>
>>1053693
Same for me, on the trails I regularly pass by fat Freds in full lycra gear on carbon fiber bikes, while I'm on an old steel MTB wearing gym shorts, sneakers, and a t-shirt, it's pretty comical.
>>
>>1053749
>white sneakers with flats
why is it always white k-mart sneaks. you know you're gonna end up mowing the lawn in those. fuck, man. come on.
>>
>>1053520
>They're not a real mountain biker, they're an idiot who happens to be riding a mountain bike.
An unmarried man, a bachelor. Same thing, different name.
>>
>>1053744
>>1053749
I don't even wear any kind of clip on shoes
I have BMX pedals on my road bike
>>
File: 66169126176.jpg (264KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
66169126176.jpg
264KB, 960x720px
>>1053631
>HOW ARE PEOPLE GOING TO KNOW IM FAST IF ALL MY SHIT DOESNT SAY TROY LEE DESIGNS

MAMIL freds >>> TLD poseurs
>>
>>1053314
>Anyway it's still a mystery why MTB people think they should be on /n/ transportation (but I guess it's no more silly than skateboards or rollerblades).

Off road transportation is still transportation. There's no need for a more complicated explanation, especially to an obvious troll thread.
>>
>>1053800
holy shit are you ROAD BIKE PARTY?

DUDE I FUCKEN LOVE YOU
>>
>>1053314
you don't see MTBers because they are at trails or at home fixing their own bikes, and ordering parts from jensons or CRC instead of wasting money trying to save "muh LBS"
>>
>>1053430
Just laughing at all the hate here, i'm there with you having fun m8
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.