[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Formal cycling shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Exustar_Stelvio.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Exustar_Stelvio.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
I will start an internship in a consulting company in a couple of weeks and I need to dress myself somewhat formally.
The company is very close to my apartment and I want to ride there with my work clothes and not have to change them once I get there, since I don't think they have a shower or a changing room.
If I wear formal shoes on the bike, not only will it be very uncomfortable, but I'll also ruin and scratch them all the time.

Is there any cycling shoe that can sufficiently pass off as formal shoes? I've been looking for weeks but I can't find anything. What do ge/n/tlemen wear to go to work? Or do you just say fuck it and change clothes when you get there?

TL;DR: are there any cycling shoes that can pass off as formal shoes?
>>
>>1053191
Jesus Christ. I love cycling more than anything, but even I'm not thick headed to the point I'd ride a fucking road bike to a formal work event.

Either take a bike with flat bars so you don't have to worry about some bs with click clack Road shoes, or take the fucking bus or taxi.
>>
>>1053193
>not being autistic and trying to complicate everything
>not obsessing over bikes and alienating yourself from the others

why are you even here, brah?
>>
How about these leather Dromartis OP?

I have a pair, they're pretty, but a bit more demanding than other cycling shoes in that they don't wick moisture except through the vent holes, but they're not much good at retaining warmth either - this means that you must choose socks carefully to avoid sweaty feet on hot days, and on cold days you're better off with a different pair of shoes if you're going to be on the bike for an extended length of time. You should also be aware that they run narrow like a lot of Euro brands.

You might also look at Specialized Sub-6 shoes that are made with faux leather but are still quite tasteful.
>>
>>1053193
some of us ride everywhere/everyday, and it's easier to adapt your clothing to changing demands than it is to change your entire schedule and transit mode to meet the needs of different days
>>
>>1053201
These would definitively work. They're also beautiful!

I read about these Arturo cycling shoes and I've been thinking of ordering them. Anybody here, by any chance, ever used them?

https://www.rufflander. co. uk/shop/heritage-footwear/arturo-cycle-shoe/
>>
Even if you don't have showers or changing rooms you can easily stash formal shoes at your desk and change to them once you arrive.
>>
>>1053201
Is OP after clipless shoes? That seems a bit pointless as he ins't going to be able to walk very well in them.

Just get a drawstring bag and stuff some shoes in that to change into. I'm going to assume you'll have other shit you'll need to take with you anyway (such as food) so you can put that in there too.
>>
>>1053191
What exactly do you mean by formal shoes? Realistically that should mean a cap toe oxford. There's no reason why that should get hurt by pedals any more than a sneaker, if anything it's more durable. My sneakers last two years or so, I've had some of my oxfords for 10+ years wearing them at least once an week. You get em recrafted and practically good as new.

I know some really cheap dress shoes with fake glued leather soles don't last at all but that's because they're not meant to
>>
File: plataformas-shimano-sm-pd22.jpg (102KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
plataformas-shimano-sm-pd22.jpg
102KB, 1000x1000px
how close is close? i sweat even in a 10 min ride.
maybe could be avoided if i rode slow as a snail.

anyway, do you have mtb or road pedals? how about those plastic plataforms you can put on the pedals than convert them to regular pedals? ive seen them for spd only though, but i have never really looked for more.
pic related.

other option get a cheap bike, like old mtb that works well, they usually cost 100 bucks or whatever. and you also can lock it anywhere and no one will steal it,or if it gets stolen, fuck it. no?
>>
dont listen to the faggots, op

get plastic platforms and skate shoes like:

http://store.nike.com/nl/en_gb/pd/sb-zoom-stefan-janoski-leather-skateboarding-shoe/pid-10344003/pgid-1534671

walking in anything clipless is a pain, and the above combo gives grip and all the comfort you need. if you absolutely miss the upstroke, get half-clips
>>
File: PubPedal_ON.jpg (27KB, 582x297px) Image search: [Google]
PubPedal_ON.jpg
27KB, 582x297px
>>1053226
>how about those plastic plataforms you can put on the pedals than convert them to regular pedals?
"""no."""

There are however sheaths for Eggbeaters that look like they might actually work.
>>
>>1053425
>skate shoes
>formal

>>1053191
I would just get a small seatpost rack for your shoes. It's not that hard to change your shoes.
>>
>>1053426
Those work just fine faggot. Sure spend 5x the money on the eggbeater name.
>>
>>1053428
>Those work just fine faggot.
Enjoy clipping them out when you pronate, little fella. Enjoy kneeling in the dirt, fingers aching as you try to clip them back on in the rain. Enjoy it, like you do Chad cock down your throat. Stings a bit, but you take pride in the accomplishment.
>eggbeater is too expensive reeeeeeee
I bought my 2-series 'beaters for 25€/pair. That's what the M520 cost too, but mine are 150 g or so lighter, have float, clip in at all angles and rotations - and are much more comfy. Even full price they're 15€ or so over b-o-t-b SPD. Don't blame you poor shopping habits on the rest of the world.
>>
>>1053427
None of the shoes ITT are formal, the most dressy could do business casual at best
>>
>>1053191
why can't you just carry your dress shoes in a cross-body bag or backpack? cycling shoes are shit for walking or standing in all day.
>>
>>1053191
Your shoe doesn't need to be for cycling for you to wear it while riding your bike. This is just silly.
>>
File: 1322796219001.png (57KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1322796219001.png
57KB, 500x382px
>>1053199
Brethren
>>
Why can't you just bring a change of shoes + clothes. Jesus christ the autism in this post.
>>
>>1053439
>skate shoes
>business casual
>>
>>1053562
>the ones I suggested must be the one he meant
Don't know which one you posted, and I don't care. But, what's it like having your head so far up your ass? Does it smell good in there?
>>
>>1053204
>>1053556
This. I cycle into work and keep a pair of black leather shoes in a drawer below my desk. That way you can use cycling shoes if you want and don't have to carry them with you on your commute.
>>
>>1053204
>>1053633
Most reasonable posts. I would do the same but have sneaker balls stashed as well to minimize the smell.
>>
>>1053191
Reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice

Actual non bait advice anon, it's what we direct people to on /fa/ because we recognize how good of a resource it is to beginner
>>
>>1053599
>projection
>>
>>1053191
>don't think they have a shower or a changing room

You need a changing room to change your shoes?

If you need a shower after your commute, 'dress' cycling shoes are going to be the least of your problems. I've worked in offices where some gung-ho biker rode to work like it was the Tour de France. He smelled like a goat and they made him go home, shower and come back by some less sweaty mode of transportation.
>>
I have seen a guy who bikes in a full suit, formal shoes, and leather bag to the subway station to go to work.

I don't get that shit and honestly don't even know how he does it without messing up the shoes or clothes.

Why would you not just leave a suit at work and ride in a regular t-shirt and short or whatever and just change at work in the handicapped bathroom stall
>>
Just leave your good shoes at your desk and change into them when you get there retard
>>
>>1055890
Fenders, chainguard, trouser clips, upright seating position, and a relaxed tempo.
People have been riding bicycles in suits for a century.
>>
>>1055890
That guy is a based commuter and you can take some lessons from him. Ride a sensible bike for commuting. Ride a sensible pace for commuting. Look like a totally normal dude, no special bike riding costume just to go to work.
>>
>>1055890
>>1056022
I commute in lycra with my suit in a bag

Problem?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.