[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't ride at 100+ Cadence at all times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>he doesn't ride at 100+ Cadence at all times
>>
>>1052814
>ride 100+ cadence all the time
>no low end power anymore
>can't climb for shit
>>
>>1052820
>can't climb for shit at high cadence

>Froome, Wiggins, Nibali, Porte
wot
>>
100+ cadence is crazy hard to maintain, at least it is for me.

>You are now aware that this song's backing track has 103 beats per minute:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwNN-0AgWc

>and now it's stuck in your head, enjoy playing it back in your memory for hours on end as you ride your bike and try to maintain 100+ cadence
>>
>practice both mashing and spinning out
>Shock your cyclist friends when you take off from standing in a high gear sprint and make it up to a sustained 30mph
"Why so slow senpai?"
>>
File: Sam-Hill-1.jpg (120KB, 707x572px) Image search: [Google]
Sam-Hill-1.jpg
120KB, 707x572px
>>1052814

>He cares about cadence
>>
>>1052814
Dose anyone else suffer from chronic low cadence? I'm like 70-80 at all times, and I never use my small ring. I'm not sure if I learned the wrong way or that's just how I am.
>>
>>1052929
Never using your small ring might be an issue, or it could just be that you live somewhere flat and your gearing with the big ring is low enough that you never need anything else.

As far as the cadence though, pretty sure that everyone has a natural cadence (especially when climbing) and it's perfectly okay to stick to that as long as it's not so slow that you're constantly straining your knees to push a gear that's too heavy.
>>
>>1052929
I stay around 80 and I don't consider it low, I thought low was all the casuals you see at like 60 or below.
>>
>tfw never had cadence monitor
>used big ring 99% of the time for 5 years (and still use it 85% of the time since that's what I know and am used to)
>find switching the front rings to be such a hassle
>can never spin to win, have to rely on raw power to get me through hills
>can climb hills faster than most (at a lower cadence) but can never out-sprint someone on flats for long periods of time due to lack proper training
>>
>>1052814
>bike has full 105 groupset
>try to maintain a cadence of 105 at all times

H-how autistic is this, guys?
>>
I'm comfortable 75-90 ish. Seated climbing I seem more comfortable at a higher cadence, on the flats I prefer slightly lower. This probably means I need to htfu but fuck you.
>>
>>1052973
>bike has ultegra 6800
>try to maintain a cadence of 6800 at all times

>>
>>1052934
The only times I ever use the small ring is during winter because snow and studs makes pedaling so much harder and when on trails. On a flat area you're going to be fine with just the big ring for most situations.
>>
>>1053080
>bike has full dura ace 9150
>try to maintain a cadence of 9150 at all times

Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.