[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 4

File: 1452360037850.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1452360037850.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>1052529
No one.

As you can clearly see two policemen are present and no tickets were issued therefore we can assume that no one was in the wrong.
>>
>>1052529
faggot OP for creating this fucking thread
>>
>>1052529
society
>>
Only the most narcissistic cyclist would deem this acceptable.
>>
Even if Mr. Derpdurr McMountaingoat would have steered his bike a little closer to the curb, there still was a double solid line on the road, indicating a no-passing-zone. Which probably exists because of probable rapid downhill traffic in the opposite lane..
>>
The law's the law! If you see any problem with this you are criminal scum, ie: typical cager.
>>
>>1052552
Should've taken a break on the side of the road and let traffic pass.
>>
>>1052540
In California the cyclist is required to pull over at that point.
Cops should've shot him for disobeying the law.
>>
>>1052564

Obviously a retarded rule only a mad cager would agree with, imagine the guy is going up a 10% slope even if youre very fit its still annoying to get moving again.

The cyclist should have moved to the right to let traffic pass anyway, unless he wants to make it seem hes in the Tour and all the traffic behind are team vehicles.
>>
>>1052567
>its still annoying to get moving again.
That's the price you pay.
>>
I'd be riding on the shoulder in this situation, not in the lane.
>>
>>1052572
What shoulder?
>>
>>1052529
The government for designing a road that gets congested from light use.

>>1052582
Exactly
>>
>>1052589
Or, alternatively, how about those cagers whose road tax only provides for a 1-lane road with no shoulder?
>>
>>1052572
Where the 1st cyclist is pictured. Your tires are 23mm wide...surely that line 150mm+ wide. You wobble that much bro?
>>
>>1052594
there has to be a minimum of 3 feet of space between the very left most edge of the bike and passing cars, there wasn't space for that there
>>
>>1052589
>make everybody pay for 2x as much road because you're too selfish to pause your recreational activity for 1 minute
>>
>>1052597
3ft is only required when possible, if it's impossible the vehicles have to slow down to safe speed while passing.
>>
hah clearly the first cyclist wrong as hell here.
if he would be on a 90s rigid mtb he would be blasting it through the side.
>>
>tfw motorists are allowed by law and encouraged to cross the double yellow lines to overtake cyclists in Georgia
>>
>>1052529
>60 Cadance
HAHAHAHA FAGGOT
>>
>>1052540

In the rest of the world that cyclist is considered pretty much stationary so you would be allowed to pass on double yellows providing it is safe to do so.

So america is at fault
>>
>>1052623
Is that good or bad?
>>
Mexico
>>
>>1052545
this

And the cagers because they're cagers
>>
>>1052529
>Who was in the wrong here?
The cyclist for not wearing a "Slow your roll" jersey, while blasting the theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm from a portable speaker.
>>
>>1052529
The cagers, for not leaping into the ocean and becoming environmentally sound coral reefs
>>
>>1052633
America is never at fault, you Communist scum.
>>
>>1052623
>overtake a bicycle
>CROSSING DOUBLE YELLOW WAAAAAAH
>squeeze by a bicycle
>NOT ENOUGH SPACE WAAAAAAH
? ? ?
>>
>>1052645
>>1052732
I don't know if you guys understood what I wrote

Cars don't have to squeeze by bicyclists because crossing double-yellows to overtake bicyclists isn't illegal in Georgia
Win-win
>>
>>1052529
I'd tend to agree with >>1052540

We can't see what's ahead of the cyclist in front, so it's hard to make a real judgement.

There's a steep, curvy climb with no shoulder in my area; narrow enough that there's no centerline painted on most of it. If I'm coming up to a blind corner and a car is coming up behind me, I'll take the lane to discourage them from making an unsafe pass - and then when I can see that road ahead is clear, I pull as far to the right as possible and wave them past.
>>
That bicyclist is a total douche. I have a bike, a motorcycle, and a car. You can be a prick regardless of your form of transportation. Think of all the ill will this one guy has garnered for bicyclists. Was it really worth it?

Don't be that guy.
>>
All those single occupancy cagers. The motorcycles could safely pass him if it weren't for those.
>>
>>1052550
road cyclicst are all cunts on two wheels
>>
>>1052529
The bicyclist is in the wrong. The California Vehicle Code is simple and reasonable for motorists and bicyclists.

>Bicyclist does not have to pull over to let others pass unless there are five or more vehicles waiting behind them.

>Bicyclists must move as far to the right of the lane as they feel safe. This one is up to the judgement of the bicyclist.

>Motorists must give three feet of space when passing bicyclists.

>Motorists can pass on double yellow if they can clearly see ahead, but not if its a blind corner.

I don't usually pull over when there are motorists waiting behind me, but if there are five stacked behind me, yes, I will pull over for five seconds. Everyone wins. Share the road.
>>
>>1052765
>>Motorists can pass on double yellow if they can clearly see ahead, but not if its a blind corner.
When did they add this?
i can't find anything.
>>
>>1052529
>2 cop cars
>several exotic/foreign cars
>a squad of motorcyclists
>a fucking mini cooper

I'm less interested in the rules of the road and more interested in why this weird assortment of vehicles has converged upon this one spot.
>>
>>1052897
Twisty road, when the cops aren't present people go nuts around the corners cutting into the wrong lane. The guy who filmed that has all kinds of videos of crashes and close calls there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06YWK09Hs8
>>
File: 1457200090345.png (168KB, 748x756px) Image search: [Google]
1457200090345.png
168KB, 748x756px
>>1052529
WAHHHHH WHY ARE THEY BEEPING AT ME, SHARE THE ROAD WAHHHH
>>
>>1052601
Everybody on this road is recreating save the fine officers of the law out to bust cagers. Did you not notice it's all cyclists bikers and sports cars? The cyclist probably saved those dudes from getting ticketed and was probably fed up with motorists putting his life at risk to play race car on the weekend
>>
>>1052898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFaAqS2f18
>>
>>1052897
It has to be some sort of race / event or something.
>>
>>1052955
>Everybody on this road is recreating
Pretty sure Mr. Mini Cooper just wants to go somewhere.
Also people who own BMWs can use them to drive places you know.
You're delusional if you think they should make every road two laned just so Bob cyclist doesn't have to pull over for 1 minute.
>>
>>1052569
>You should have got a car to drive to planet fitness.
>>
technically I don't think anyone, but the cyclist decided to be an antisocial turbo cunt and not pull over.
>>
>>1052974
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1442444425385.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1442444425385.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>1053023
Not him, but stop that. Stop.
>>
>>1052970
>implying Mini Coopers, especially old ones, aren't exclusively owned by people who are well aware of their racing heritage
>implying the guy/girl driving that Mini wasn't there to enjoy the twisties
>>
>>1052958
>>1052897
It's a particularly narrow scenic mountain road in southern california that is fairly well known to cagers and cyclists alike

Cagers believe it this section of public road is their personal property on which to sight see and/or race, and they throw a temper tantrum whenever another cager is going too fast or too slow, or, god forbid, a non-cager is trying to use "their" super secret (world famous) road

Last time I was there a stalled vintage porsche had gotten stuck on a blind curve and someone in a minivan ran into it and they were about to get into a fist fight when the police arrived
>>
>people defending cyclist
lol this is why people hate you
next you'll want to ride on airport tarmac
>>
>>1053066
From what I've seen it's mostly motorcycles. Usually cages are getting grief for crossing lines or general hooliganism. Cyclists are hated here for being insufferable pricks, like the guy in the OP.
>>
>>1052529
Cyclist, at least by the laws on my country a lonely cyclist must ride on the side/line, only can take the lane if it's a descent with dangerous curves or if it's a single direction narrow road. Also the car must drive at 1,5m from the rider if possible and is allowed to surpass the middle line.

The cyclist is being a total cunt and it looks like he is wearing earphones, so maybe he is ridding on the fucking middle of the lane and is unaware of the fucking train he has formed behind. Also that cadence is disgusting, I can hear his knees screaming.
>>
>>1052955
Recreational driving?
>>
>>1052529
I'm a cyclist and i feel that cyclist was being a deliberate asshole.
>>
>>1052590
I pay California road tax, why can't I ride my bike on them?
>>
>>1052633
It is legal and responsible to pass over a double yellow in this situation in California. The white car immediately behind him is at fault for being a retard.
>>
>>1052733
It's not illegal in California or most parts of the US either.
>>
>>1053220
There's no such thing as road tax.
>>
I commute on a bike.
It's common courtesy to pull over if theres traffic behind you. Dude deserved to get his tire bumped for making everyone who bikes look bad.
>>
File: 1487079866527.png (12KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1487079866527.png
12KB, 420x420px
>>1052529
I live in the Netherlands, and I have the luxury of having separate cycling paths on most roads, but often there are small parts where I have to join the car road. I always stick fully to the right edge, because why the fuck not? My bike is barely half a meter wide and cars can pass me without any issue while staying on their track. This whole "bicyclists can use the road" culture disgusts me, and only gives a bad name to cyclist. Dont ride in the middle of the fucking road when you can also ride on the edge of it. You are causing frustrations.

When there is traffic behind you, you make damn sure to be sticking to the side of the road and make yourself narrow to let them past. Thats how I always rode and I think thats how everybody here rides. Thats probably also why deathcage drivers respect cyclists here.
>>
>>1052957
kek
wtf happened here? why did he do it?
>>
This is why I hate bike riders.
>>
>>1053281
You need to watch this.

http://commuteorlando.com/wordpress/animations/lane-control/
>>
>>1053222
>It is legal
No it isn't.
>>
>>1052957
Fuck Cyclists. Every time I'm up at the snake or at Angeles crest these stupid fucks ride their bicycles in the middle of the road, not on the side in their little lane they ride in the fucking middle of the road. They can just take the bike trails in the canyons but they're too pussy. They'd tather annoy bikers or cars on the road. Let this be a lesson for cyclists to stay off the road.
>>
>>1052529

Looks like a bait video
not falling for it, its fake
>>
>>1053336
I know this shit from the time I was driving ~30km to work on a scooter on country roads.
>mfw semis trucks passed me
>mfw they got back in my lane before passing me
>>
>>1053281
>Dont ride in the middle of the fucking road when you can also ride on the edge of it. You are causing frustrations.

You come from a country that accepts cycling as a viable means of transportation. But if you look closely at most of the videos posted here, the cyclists are all what we call "lycra fags". They use the road for competition, not transportation. And pulling over, slowing down, not running stop signs and red lights is anathema to getting good lap times.

Technically any kind of unpermitted competitive events on public roads is illegal. And not just because motor vehicles at high speeds are dangerous. Even time-speed-distance rallys aimed at navigating a course at the legal speed limit are prohibited. Because putting any driver on the road who's primary goal is NOT to drive safely in reaching a destination, time or course be damned, is dangerous. And the same laws that apply to cars apply to bicycles. All of these people doing hill climbs where they can't be bothered to stop for a few minutes and let traffic go by should be ticketed just like the people driving ricers who think public roads are some sort of performance challenge.
>>
>>1053420
>exercise is competition
haha no

It's like joggers who refuse to use the sidewalk, except the law actually says bikes shouldn't be on the sidewalk
>>
TIL my 21 mile commute is competition and I'm wearing the lycra for fashion and not because I have to change anyway and might as well be comfy and have dry clothes for my 21 mile ride back home at night
>>
>>1052550
This. Same as I expect the drivers to be aware of me and act appropriately, i pay attention to traffic to see if I'm not blatantly blocking it or causing major difficulties, that i can mitigate by simple maneuvers.
>>
>>1052623
I had no idea that this wasn't the legal thing to do everywhere. I've always done it and so has every other driver I've ever encountered.
>>
>making drivers cross double yellow
It's double yellow for a reason.
Cyclists just don't want to have to pull over for a second like they're REQUIRED to do in based California.
>>
>>1053459
Nothing is making drivers do anything other than their own sense of entitlement.
>>
>>1053459
Cyclists would have to pull over over and over again though, since I assume cars will keep coming.
>>
>>1053459
>>1053480
Thank god I live in New York where reason usually prevails
>>
>>1053480
The pull over law is only when 5+ vehicles accumulate.
>>1053460
>implying cyclist wouldn't get butthurt at someone walking 2 mph and blocking them
>>
>>1053544
It's a good thing that bikes are so narrow that they can easily pass a pedestrian. No one is forcing them to use massive cages.
>>
>>1052529
>>1052540

This is clearly some sort of staged event, since this road is in California therefore all those motorcyclists could have lanesplit up the hill.
>>
>>1052589

That road in question is either Marshall Rd or Mount Murphy road, both are in a heavily rural area an hour outside of Sacramento. The latter is over a century old and was built by settlers, not the government. The former has a truck turnout lane just ahead of where I think the webm was taken.

Either way, they're not meant for anything other than light use, which along with the CHP car there (a rarity, considering that the Placer Sheriff himself is too lazy to police the area) leads me to beilive this is some sort of endurance event or race.
>>
>>1053420
I'm Dutch and we also have those faggots here. They often operate in groups of 20 cyclists or more. A lot of them are fat middle aged cunts and the size of the lycra herd is directly proportional to the amount of traffic rules they ignore. I've seen them cycle straight through intersections, completely disregarding the cycle lanes and intersections on the sides of the road, and forcing cars to brake and stop in the middle of the intersection. They are also prone to cycling on the road even when there's a separate cycle path next to it.
>>
>>1053572
It's "the snake" a porion of Mulholland drive outside LA.
>>
>>1053572
And CHP is there all the time because it's a huge motorcycle and exotic car draw. Look up rnickeymouse on youtube. Jay Leno takes some of his collection up there apparently.
>>
>>1053571
You can't lanesplit on a two lane road.
>>
>>1053560
Sorry you didn't give them enough space for safe pass, cyclist scum.
>>
>>1052550

So, 99.9% of cyclists would find that acceptable.
>>
>>1053424
It rarely happens to me but sometimes I encounter a jogger running in a bicycle lane. It annoys the shit out of me especially if there's a sidewalk, does this jogger expect me to merge into traffic just to pass him, no, get the fuck out of my way. Note this is on 6-8 lane, 50mph American roads with an unprotected painted bike lane, it's suicide to "ride with traffic." Why can't they run on the sidewalk?

I experience a similar, but much more rage-worthy time when I'm using the bike-lane and a retard comes up it going the WRONG way.
>>
>>1052732
the only time i get upset about motorists doing this shit is like one place where it's a blind curve over a hill and yet dumbass people always zoom by me and im just waiting for the day another car is coming and they swerve their car right back into the lane, probably killing me in the process

fuckin cagers
>>
>>1052686
I have a new aspirations
thank kindly for suggest
>>
That 240z tho
>>
>>1053304
target fixation
>>
>>1054105

So basically a shitty rider with a weak mind.
>>
>>1052567
>even if youre very fit its still annoying to get moving again.

No it's not*. That's what gears are for.

*Unless you are a lard-ass.
>>
>>1053424
>exercise is competition
>haha no

It is if your goal is to make or beat some time on a route. If your goal is to do anything other than get from points A to B in the safest manner possible, you don't belong on a public road. And that means yielding the right of way and complying with traffic signals and signs.
>>
>>1053304
Looks like he came out of the turn wide and too fast to avoid the bicycles.
>>
>>1053342
Those cyclists are nowhere near the middle of the road though. It's a shame being able to control your vehicle isn't a prerequisite for having a drivers license
>>
>>1053603
>
>>
>>1053342
>Let this be a lesson for cyclists to stay off the road.

I also pay the taxes that build the roads, why should I stay off them?
>>
>tfw based Idaho let's me treat stop signs as yield signs and red lights as stop signs legally
>>
>>1056607
>Idaho let's me treat stop signs as yield signs

Which is why people put bull bars on the front of their trucks.
>>
>>1052529
No one?
>>
>>1053603
watch me
>>
>>1052550
The showoff drivers are pretty narcisstic too I'm guessing, the bikers and cops are probably the ones that are annoyed by all of this. But I don't take up whole lanes for no reason.
>>
>>1052529
>for no reason

Taking the whole lane in a corner where cars and motorcycles are regularly pushing the limits of control is a good enough reason.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.