[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck electric bikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: about_01.jpg (40KB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
about_01.jpg
40KB, 400x309px
Why the fuck is this pile of shit $3000?
Its just a mini bike frame with a $100 electric motor.
Seriously why?
For 3k i can buy a motorcycle and have 2k left over and get 100mpg. With the ability to go over 25mph and have a ranger longer than 25 miles.
>>
>>1052268
>seat tubers
>>
>>1052268
So because one company charges a ridiculous amount for a shitty bike that makes all electric bikes stupid?
>>
>>1052306
Most of them are insanely over priced. Some for as much as $30k
>>
>>1052310
>Most of them are insanely over priced.
I guess that's why most of them are used by Chinese wage slaves in China right?
>>
>>1052310
You're too stupid to take seriously.
>>
>>1052346
>>1052382
Boy. You guys sure showed me some fair priced electric bikes
>>
>>1052386
So this is your thinly veiled advice thread. Fuck off and do your own research.
>>
>>1052422
>/n/
Useless as ever
>>
>>1052268

It's basically a moped with sweet ass fat tires

Really good option for DUI suspended license dudes.

Don't know how it would compare to a scooter

It looks like they stole the geometry from the Honda ruckus. I guess you'd save on gas money
>>
>>1052577

Here's a ruckus

Amazingly it's only $2600

Lol
>>
>>1052268
The college kids who designed it think they're changing the world and have loans to pay off.
>>
>>1052310
A good bike costs $1.5k new.
Add a Bosch electric motor, good battery and the electronics to control them, and you end up with $3k.
You're comparing new top shelf e-bikes with used, cheap motorcycles.
>>
>>1052578
It doesn't even have pedals, bro.
$2.6k and they forgot to add a pair of $10 parts.
>>
>>1053110
Are you actually claiming that last mile light electric vehicles aren't a game changer? Because that would be a dumb as fuck thing to claim.
>>
>>1052268
25 miles is quite far, unless you are a suburban commuter it is probably enough for most days. Plus the benefit of riding on side walks and short cuts when acceptable, it could almost be as fast as a car. Plus no insurance usually, or license. Plus you can probably fix yourself easily.

Disclaimer: I am getting ebike kit
>>
>>1055924
What kit? I got a bionx and am not real excited about it

Feels like there is a company missing from DIY ebike kits... something high quality AND user serviceable. The clevercycles stokemonkey is the closest I have seen, and I don't know much about it. I would pay 3k for a really solid conversion that would put out 750 w without getting all horny.
>>
>>1055915
>>new ebike vs used motorcycle

still a valid comparision
if a cheap used motorcycle beats out even the top shelf ebike for capability and value
what does that say about ebikes?
>>
>>1055959
production isn't as high
demand is low
many people would rather ride motorcycles
>perhaps not used as they are cheap used
>perhaps due to high maintenance cost

Once maintenance, license, insurance, helmet, gas, and other gear is factored in it changes the cost a bit. I recently switched from riding a 50cc scooter to an ebike which cost 2/3 the price. The bike is slower in many cases. However, I can carry several times the cargo, it feels much safer not being treated as a cage, the massive awareness-reducing helmet isn't required, and I don't have to go to the gas station. Perhaps the biggest benefit is that I get some exercise. I was often a bit stressed after sitting on scoot seat, mixed with cars, big yellow marshmallow stuck on head, with cold extremities.

If a cheap motorcycle is more practical to someone else, it makes sense to me. A lot nicer to be around than another fucking cage, and certainly more economical.
>>
>>1055959
New E-Bikes have warranty, and usually come with free inspections for a while. The running costs are zero, taxes are zero, insurance is zero, you can ride it without license, you don't need protective gear for it. You won't need to know anything about e-bikes before you buy it, cause it's new, you don't have to judge its condition to not get screwed over. And most LBSs let you test it for one or even more days before you buy.

All of this is not true for a used motorcycle, which may be better overall value for you, but not for everyone.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.