[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bike probs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image (16).jpg (434KB, 1852x1240px) Image search: [Google]
image (16).jpg
434KB, 1852x1240px
Hey ive been working on this bike for like 4 months this is my current progress. I was planning to make it a single gear. (No derailleur) however i do not want to change the rear hub. will this be an issue? i have a chain tensioner coming in to help. you guys have any advice on what else i should do?
>>
>>/bqg/
>>1047494
>>
>>1049612
Step 1: Put a chain on it
Step 2: Enjoy your singlespeed.
>>
if you want to keep the freehub mechanism (i.e. not fixed gear) then yeah you can keep that hub

however, it won't really be feasible to respace the rear triangle on that bike, so there's really no point in making further changes

just do what >>1049621 said and slap a chain on and ride
>>
>>1049621
>>1049623
thanks fellas
>>
Why on earth do you have a carbon frame, the newest XTR cranks, and a CK headset but everything else is absolute shit? Are those parts stolen or did you spend all your money on those and didn't have enough for the rest of the parts?

KYS
>>
>>1049659
Probably stole the entire bike.
>>
>>1049612
That's one ulgy ass fork and headset, change that shit. Check yo self before u wreck yo self
>>
>>1049612
Dude wtf, XT cranks and an RST fork? Did you run out of money for the fork or something?
>>
>>1050823
>when your headset is worth more than your fork
He said in another thread that parts of it are stolen, don't whether that was actually OP though.
>>
>>1050824
op here i just ordered a new fox fork, just for you. and btw no the parts are not stolen ill post results in a few days
>>
you will need a lock ring tool to get the casette off, then use a kit like this and line up the chainrings

also make sure you have a spring in the tensioner cause unlike a hardtail when your suspension moves the chainstay will change length
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/dmr-single-speed-converter-kit/rp-prod2300
>>
>>1050881
I hope you've ordered new wheels, brakes, stem, and bars too.

Would you mind explaining why the fuck you bought such an expensive frame, cranks, and headset and then chucked those shitty parts on it?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.