[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intercontinental Rail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1486416971184.jpg (643KB, 2173x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1486416971184.jpg
643KB, 2173x1403px
Eurasia fuck yeah.

Who else would like to operator on one of these lines?
>>
>>1046963
Bump
>>
>>1046963
Lacks a common gauge and has to pass through a bunch of countries with a million different trade laws.
>>
>>1047128
It should be possible to construct a standard gauge connection between China and Iran.

Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Russia have a customs union
>>
>>1047142
So it still has to go through a bare minimum of 3 different trade zones.
>>
>>1046963

Cargo FGT shinkansen or GTFO
>>
>>1047357
How about you connect Hokkaido with Sakhalin and Sakhalin with the the TransSib?
>>
>>1046963
so is africa missing or dismantled for the raw materials to build a space elevator?
>>
>>1047522
africa is a fiction made to solicit donations from the pitiful
>>
>>1047522
I'm more concerned about Korea.
>>
>>1046963
There're no plan in upgrading Urumqi-Alataw section to high speed line by 2025...Nor the one from Fuzhou to Taiwan...
>>
>>1046963
>2025: 2 days by rail from London to Beijing

Wait, what have I missed?
>>
>>1046963
Actually, being a train driver on one of those lines would be pretty boring. Airline pilots travel around but passenger train operators work the same section of track back and forth and back and forth. I guess that after a while you would know most of the camels and goats on your route by name.
>>
>>1047367
I think Japan is still butthurt about Sakhalin, so that won't be happening.
>>
>>1047782
Nope, although they still maintain the position that Southern Sakhalin should be a land woth undetermined sovereign, they have opened consulate in Yuzhno Salhalin and also cooperate with various local government entity there on various aspect for quite a while.
>>
>>1047768
At least better than subway driver
>>
This would be so impossible. The train would run through so many animals and shit every day the front would be covered in blood and shit. Not to mention all the different laws and how crazy it would be to police something like this.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.