[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I live in the city, I don't need a car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

File: be8.png (1B, 486x500px)
be8.png
1B, 486x500px
>I live in the city, I don't need a car
>>
>>1045475
>I enjoy sitting in traffic
>>
I live in the country and I don't need a car. Can't bicycle a few miles? Get good
>>
>can't go wherever you want without driving
>>
>>1045476
I actually do. I usually finish listening to podcasts that way.
>>
>>1045475
As long as you don't have kids it's okay.
>>
File: cattle.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
cattle.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1045475
Pic related are city dwellers who don't own a car.
Be sure to enjoy sharing diseases with 1,000,000 people daily. Also being pickpocketed, mugged, and overall being accosted by weirdos you encounter on public transit.
>MOOOOOOOOOOOO go the city-folk
LOL enjoy your NO FREEDOM. Keep deluding yourself that your way is better, if it makes you feel better.
>>
File: 1485967935685.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1485967935685.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1045767
>Pic related are city dwellers who don't own a car.
>Be sure to enjoy sharing diseases with 1,000,000 people daily. Also being pickpocketed, mugged, and overall being accosted by weirdos you encounter on public transit
>mfw muricans truly believe that
>>
>>1045735
You can listen to podcasts on a train.
>>
https://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2017/01/sorry-but-i-couldnt-let-this-one-go.html
>>
>>1045867
Yeah but you can't kill people when you reach over to change the volume
>>
>>1045475
The bait is weak
>>
>>1045767
>needs a car to go anywhere
>says others have no freedom
>>
>>1045767
>disease
That's why they wear the mask.
>>
File: 1481049141071_0.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1481049141071_0.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1045767
>when its too dangerous to go on public transport
Spot the americuck
>>
>>1045767
>3rd world problems
>>
File: eurofag.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
eurofag.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1045475
why not have both?
Eurofag student here, I use my bike for everything within 10 miles, and the car when i have to go to work somewhere else in the country, or go on holiday.
>yes, I know its a pleb car, but taxes on cars are 180% here
>>
>>1045994
>dem mommybucks
>>
>>1046012
not that it matters, but i worked hard to pay for all of this myself.
Education is free here in Denmark. So i just saved money for a couple of years.
>>
>>1045480
This
>tfw bike 139km round trip commute to/from work
>>
Oh yeah, because designing cities around the car worked so well.
>>
>>1045994
D a n m a r k
>>
>>1045994
Nice pieplate.
>>
>>1046056
old photo. the dork disc is gone now. rest assured.

>>1046053
exactly
>>
>>1045767
Damn, you sound like my parents when i tell them im moving to mexico city

I bet you havent spent a full day in.a city
>>
File: purty-mouth.jpg (25KB, 450x336px) Image search: [Google]
purty-mouth.jpg
25KB, 450x336px
>>1046945
a city? he went their once and got intimumuated because they talk to fast and dress all prutenshus

I dun think mexico has citys, they all come here because its dirt farms and cartel's

t. cleetus j. mcsisterfucker
>>
>>1045475
>I am not european, and cant imagine heaven
>>
File: mexico-city.jpg (141KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
mexico-city.jpg
141KB, 900x600px
>>1046964
>what is mexico city?
You sure m8?
>>
>>1045475
my excuse is that i can't afford a car.
>>
>>1046964
...Are you serious? USSR and America are both religious as fuck.
>>
>>1047859
Everyone in heaven has a car
>>
>>1047216
that is the only valid excuse. the problem is when people deny this fact and try to shill city life instead
>>
>>1048737

I'll invite you to drive around London and to find a parking space anywhere near the location you want without getting clamped.
>>
But even though I live in a small city, I have never needed a car. The public transport is awesome, and so are my bikes.

Work is a twenty minute fast cycle away. The supermarket is a five minute walk away. The city centre shops are a twenty minute walk away, or five minutes by bike or bus. I don't need to go anywhere else in the city unless its for pleasure or I'm drinking in which case I wouldnt drive anyway.

Every time we've wanted to take a day far away, visit parents, go to ikea etc, we have hired a car. Works out much cheaper.
>>
>>1048737
>go out with bike
>friend uses a car
>arrive in 20min
>he's 15min late because he was looking for a parking space and had to walk 5 min
>can't drink because car
>decide to go to a place that's more than walking distance away
>7-8 min bike ride
>friend arrives there 15min late again
>"i-i b-bet you're just too poor for the privilege of paying for the distant parking spaces"

>at work
>"man I'll finish earlier today"
>"you do that, I'll wait until rush hour is over"
>ride home
>angry cagers foaming at their mouthes for every inch of space with an average speed of 20km/h
>some even try to take shortcuts across pavements, honking, passing red lights, cutting off public transport, completely hysterical
>"I-i bet you're just jealous because you're too poor to enjoy a comfy cage and you have to freeze in 15°C"

top kek
>>
File: image_thumb%255B4%255D.png (706KB, 626x452px) Image search: [Google]
image_thumb%255B4%255D.png
706KB, 626x452px
yeah dude..
>>
If you live in a city built like Orlando or LA, you have to get on two highways to go for lunch. And you work a city away because there's no jobs downtown.
>>
>>1045475
Yes, if you live in a proper city that is a correct statement. Most of my classmates don't even have a license because we all take the subway (New York).
>>
>They want to live in a crowded shit hole.
>>
>>1046047

>139km

Bullshit. How often? What's your time? Flats, hilly or mix?
>>
>>1048789
I have a license because I have to occasionally rent a murderbox when I visit flyover land for work, but other than that I only need it at bars, liquor stores, and when checking in for a flight

It would be best if cage-bound places would just be left to return to nature with no more government subsidies of insane sprawled road systems feeding a community of like 100 people. If you are afraid of living in a city, you can fend for yourself like the real rough pioneer you fantasize yourself as being, with all the obligations that comes with
>>
>>1046052
Needs more freeways.
>>
>>1048782
>can't drink because car

Can't drink because of bike either. DUI laws apply to operating a vehicle in most states. Not just a motor vehicle.

Hate to break this to you, but laws apply to cyclists.
>>
>>1049284
>DUI laws apply to bicycles
this depends on the state
some word DUI laws as "motor vehicles" some word it as just "vehicles"
if its worded as "motor vehicles" then its legal to cycle drunk, and if its just "vehicles" then its a solid grey area
>>
>>1049284
Can you walk your car home? Carry it on public transit?
>>
File: abc.jpg (535KB, 1765x725px) Image search: [Google]
abc.jpg
535KB, 1765x725px
>>1049284
>most states

My country doesn't have states, where is your god now cager?

It's also much easier to sneak home drunk on a bike on MUP and side roads.
>>
>>1045475
>>1045767
Unless you're an American you don't need a car if you live in a major city. If you are an American, well, you're fucked thanks to the decisions made by some middle aged men in the 1960s. Enjoy living next to pic related f a m :^)

Meanwhile, in my town (Solihull, UK):
>several supermarkets,parks, a mall and a shopping district within walking distance
>30 minute bike ride /15 minute bus ride into town centre (another shopping district and mall) and railway station
>15 minute railway journey into centre of Birmingham
>1-2 hour railway journey to London (depending on how much you're willing to spend on trains)

And that's just with Britain's mediocre public transport

>>1049282
just like put one in the middle of all those houses idk dude lmao
>>
>>1049289
Wrong you dunce.
>>
I am low 20's and started learning to drive so I can get my license and hopefully never drive again. Because society says I must have a license to be a legitimate member of. Fuck this country (US), its indifference for efficient public transit, and all the spoobies in isolation cages honking hither tither and crushing each other in oblivious collisions.

Posting here since I am angrily moving to the city in three months with hopes and dreams of making it there, making a happy home for my girlfriend, and making it a better place to live for my neighbors.
>>
>>1049722
>low 20s
>still no drivers license

top kek
>>
i live in the city and if i don't have a car i can make $27 000 a year but if i have one i can make $100k easily
>>
>>1049501
hey its the 105/110 interchange, love how the aircraft landing in LAX fly parallel to it

cant wait till they open up the green line then i can ride from Norwalk all the way in to LAX
>>
>>1045475
I live in a suburb that had an old railroad running threw it that lead directly to the cities and the state decided to turn it into a bike trail which on one hand it takes 10-15 minuets to get to the cities on bike, but on the other they wasted the chance to Have a good commuter rail use the old tracks
>>
>>1050774
A few of those rail-to-trails in my area, but they don't really go anywhere useful, as the links they used to make as spur lines were severed over time, but the lines ran along streams and into moderately wooded areas so it's nice. The ones that go directly to the biggest city in my region are still in use.
>>
File: agcl.png (19KB, 641x138px) Image search: [Google]
agcl.png
19KB, 641x138px
>>1049284
Naaaa
>>
>>1049284
Depends on the cop too, lel
In Belgium DUI laws apply to bicycles, but a lot of cops will just tell you to walk your bicycle and to be careful on the way, if they tell you anything at all. Once I even had to testify because someone tried to rob me during a party. I was shitfaced and when I left the police station with my bicycle (I was a student back then) the cop just waved and told me "have a good evening sir".

t. Belgian law enforcement officer
>>
File: faggin less 4mb.jpg (2MB, 1778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
faggin less 4mb.jpg
2MB, 1778x1000px
>>1045767
Yeah actually the major source of allergies is too little exposure to germs. I'd rather bike/train and have a healthy immune system.
>>
Anyone else live in a place that's pretty much exclusively designed for cars but still ride everywhere because you "live in the city?"

I do, though to be frank I have to admit I would have a much harder time choosing to do so if I had kids or cared about having a typical social life.
>>
>>1051099
Interesting how some people can handle crowded, germ-filled places much better than others. My GF almost never gets sick despite being at a university. I have a full on immune disorder, allergic to so many things. Most people I know are somewhere in between our extremes. That said, my health takes a bigger hit in the dusty stale air of a car than in a relatively well ventilated train or bus. Airplanes are bad. Biking is best.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.