[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/chicago/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Discuss transportation in and around Chicago, Illinois.
>>
>>1045032
The Amtrak Hiawatha has saved me at least 15 days of my life that would have otherwise been spent in traffic
>>
>>1045032
The flight paths at O'Hare were changed quite a while back so now I don't hear planes fly overhead every half hour, which is nice. I still have to worry about the fact that at almost every second I have a chance of being stuck waiting for a train for an unknown amount of time, or being run over by feral soccer moms.
>>
>>1045032
I can't tell if that's a model or not.
>>
>>1045032
If you need to get to the loop, or get out of the loop, public transit is great.
If you need to go anywhere that isn't the loop, just drive.
Since pedalfags live on /n/, too, the Prairie Path network is actually pretty good, you just need to go all the way to the Fox River for a solid north-south access. The Prairie Path is pretty much east-west along a similar alignment to the former C&NW now run by UP.
>>
>>1045041
it better be a focusing effect on the real thing. If someone had time to make that I'd question their prioritizing skills.
>>
>>1045041
The picture is of the real thing.

It was either taken with a proper tilt/shift lens, or progressively blurred to simulate the effect.
>>
>>1045050
Most people don't do real tilt shift photography. They cheat and use photoshop.
>>
>>1045053
>>1045089
It's clearly faked. There's no focal plane that would explain how it's blurred.
>>
>>1045043
>the (((prairie path network)))
>>
The fact that METRA runs like a peak-based commuter rail instead of a RER-type service will never not piss me off.
>>
>>1045186
RER has like ten times the ridership. They can afford it.
>>
File: 1484541103409.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1484541103409.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: F40C.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
F40C.jpg
1B, 486x500px
This scheme looks significantly better than anything Metra/RTA ever came up with.
>>
>>1045032
Metra does a great job, but a few tweaks would make it useful to so many more people. I had dozens of workers over the years that couldn't reverse commute because the trains started after their start times.

The El can grow all it wants, the riders will be there. Go to Ford City and Old Orchard.

Roads are beyond help dealing with peak times.

Bike use has some challenges with weather. With careful planning you can go a long way without using major roads.

The Boring Company might be able to solve the O'Hare express challenge
>>
If you ride a bike in chicago won't the latin kings steal it?
>>
>>1045207
Fuck outta here with your shitty ass bottom text memes.
>>
I visited Chicago last weekend for the first time, the El was efficient enough and got me where I wanted to go and was cheap, but man the whole system is ugly and dingy. Come to think of it, everything outside downtown Chicago is ugly and dingy.
>>
>>1046162
Boring Company?

>>1047995
Fuck you this city is beautiful. But yeah, winter is not the best time to come for the scenery.

Does anyone here use marine transport in the city? Water taxis, I mean. I wonder if there's any sort of logistical possibility of ferry services. It'd be sweet to run a ferry up and down the river, and/or to have something going that hits up and down the lakeshore at the harbors, and then up to the burbs.
>>
>>1048924
>Fuck you this city is beautiful.
The middle is fine, but there's fucktons of soulless burbs too.
>>
Can anyone link me to a place that has OP's kind of image? I don't know what to search for.
>>
>>1049079
It was discussed in the first few posts of the thread, retard.
>>
>>1049076
Burbs aren't city bro. And even then some the burbs are quaint and charming in their own way.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.