[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airbus is #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: g.foolcdn.com.jpg (142KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
g.foolcdn.com.jpg
142KB, 1200x630px
http://uk.businessinsider.com/airbus-boeing-sales-deliveries-2016-2017-1

"Airbus...731 net orders to Boeing's 668"
>>
Let's talk about the inability of Airbus to clean up orders they're getting
>>
Don't worry Trump will game the Iran sanctions deal to shift Airbus' orders to Boeing.
>>
>>1043992
>Airbus boasts a backlog of 6,874 aircraft
>Boeing still boasts a healthy backlog of 5,715 planes
>>
>>1044009
How do they still hold their duopoly, if demand is so high that orders backlog for decades?
>>
>>1044050
I believe part of their backlog represents future demand. Customers probably couldn't take all the aircraft if they were suddenly available tomorrow.
>>
>>1043986
And yet Airbus is going to have to cease production of the A380 and is having problems with converting lines to the A330neo and with ramping A350 production.

Because spoiler: both companies have problems.
>>
>>1044097

They've cut production to just 12 aircraft for 2017. If it were not for orders from Emarites they most certainly would cease.
>>
>>1044097
the 747-800 isnt in a much better place.
>>
>>1043986

>Meanwhile in Canada...
>1.1B$ bailout

Jesus christ why haven't we assassinated the Beaudoin family and nationalized this shit already...
>>
File: bombardier-c-series-cs100-delta.jpg (149KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
bombardier-c-series-cs100-delta.jpg
149KB, 1200x900px
>>1044316

>pic related
>>
>>1044248
Emirates has deferred delivery of some of the aircraft too.

>>1044309
Right, but it at least has some shot with the rebounding freight market. It is ultimately doomed as well though. The real difference is that Airbus' use of resources on the A380 vastly outweighed Boeing's use of resources on the 747-8.

>>1044317
I'm actually impressed with this aircraft. They're going to basically take over the market segment currently occupied by the 737-700/737 MAX 7, and A319. And Boeing and Airbus will end up ceding that space to them willingly.
>>
>>1044316
These losses must be accepted if you want to play the big game...
>>
>>1044316
Maybe in a few years they'll be able to sell planes at a profit. First orders were heavily discounted just to get their foot in the door.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.