[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I goofed up pretty good and managed to wrap a branch into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Picture2.jpg (358KB, 1565x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Picture2.jpg
358KB, 1565x1125px
So I goofed up pretty good and managed to wrap a branch into the chain which caught the rear derailleur and locked up my rear tire. The rear rim needs to be re-aligned as there is about 6mm of play in the rim runout. I intend to do have this corrected at a bike shop. However, The rear derailleur hanger is mounted to the bike frame. The frame is steel so I am not worried about bending it too badly.

On the left image I can clearly see the appropriate bends needed. On the right I cant tell what direction everything needs to go. I have already ordered a replacement derailleur.
>>
>>1043933
There's a special tool for that. Your lbs will have it. Don't try to do it by eye as it needs to be absolutely spot on and you want to be bending on it as little as possible.
>>
Do you have a question?

And why order a new RD? If the hanger is the only thing bent (which it should be; that's the point of them) then replacing it (and unbending the rim I guess) should be all that's necessary.
>>
>>1043935
the derailleur itself is torqued up.
>>
>>1043934
thank you
>>
not too long ago something like that happened to my baiku (105 too) and while I managed to rebuild the derailleur i had to replace the hanger because it was pretty fucked, just saying but it still doesn't shift well, so to avoid headaches just replace both really because if the derrailleur is fucked too you can bend the hanger as much as you want, it will never be spot on and you'll waste a shit load of time scratching your head m8
>>
>>1043933
You will need to have a LBS perform a rear hanger alignment. The rest is possible to do on your own; wheel true, readjusting low and high limits and cable tension.
>>
>>1044113
>you can true a wheel by yourself
>but the hanger alignment must be one at your LBS
FUCK LOGIC
>>
>>1044127
Park Tool rear hanger gauge: $80

Having a shop align your rear hanger and dial in your realigned derailleur: $25

Park tool multi spoke wrench: $8.

Tools needed to adjust your rear deraileur: common household Allen's and screwdrivers, free.

You tell me which one you want to do on your own and which one you want the shop to do. You ride bikes so I know you are poor.
>>
>>1043933
The mech looks way worse than the frame. Steel is Real.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.