[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else always get blind sided by these fuckers? So huge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: GO_Transit_8008.jpg (912KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
GO_Transit_8008.jpg
912KB, 2592x1944px
Anybody else always get blind sided by these fuckers?

So huge and so quiet. The wake is enough to pull you into the road if you don't hear them coming and you never do!
>>
>>1043843
Double deckers are cool. Shame they weren't successful in New York.
>>
File: marta-bus.jpg (47KB, 640x480px)
marta-bus.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>1043843

Atlanta's been toying with the double-deckers too. They're neat!
>>
>>1043843
Oakville herr
>>
File: 20170124_202548-1.jpg (980KB, 1973x2534px) Image search: [Google]
20170124_202548-1.jpg
980KB, 1973x2534px
>>1043843
Go transit is dope
>>
>>1043843
Blindsided how? Biking, walking? Surely not driving ?
>>
File: DSC06841.jpg (524KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06841.jpg
524KB, 1600x1201px
>>1043868
Can the Enviro400 be any more aesthetic? I just fucking love that bus
>>
>>1044081
Biking. They take as much of the road as they are entitled and when they pass me when I'm cycling in the bike lane it always feels too close for comfort, even though everyone is abiding by the law.
>>
>>1044087
Have you made a formal complaint to the transit agency? They can let the drivers know to be more aware of cyclists
>>
>>1044088
I'm an unentitled poor person. They wont listen to me.
>>
>>1044088
Good idea. Report it to the transport operator AND the goverment organisation running everything. Buses should be giving you enough room.

Reminds me of how in London some operators have installed object detection which makes a ringing sound if anything gets too close to the edge of the bus. But when the bus goes round any corner, or goes near any railing the damn thing starts ringing uncontrollably. Really pointless and annoying system, drivers just neeed to be trained better. IMO they should have to sepnd a week in each season cycling the routes they drive.
>>
>>1044092
Have you bothered even trying? If you're talking about the GO busses like in the OP picture, then they're accountable to the provincial government so you could bitch at your MPP

>>1044095
>literally collision detection
I don't know why this isn't a standard feature on busses. I'm sure it can be calibrated to be less sensitive to stationary objects
>>
>>1044098
I might.
>>
>>1044099
>>1044092
Dir sir or madam,

This is a formal complaint against GO Transit for driving dangerously and without due care to vulnerable road users

Yesterday I was cycling along xyz street and a GO Transit operated double decker Enviro500 bus passed me at an incredible speed and with not enough space for a cyclist to allow for any error.

I was scared, and my safety was compromised due to the careless and dangerous actions of your driver. This has occured multiple times involving buses operated by this company.

The bus did not safely wait behind me to overtake at a suitable location, overtake at a reasonable speed, or provide at least 1m of space which is accepted worldwide as the minimum for safely overtaking cyclists.

As a result I request you train your drivers on how to better interact with vulnerable road users to prevent the injury and death which will occur should your drivers continue in the dangerous and unskilled manner in which they operate.

>Feel free to edit, suggest etc. This is just 5 mins of draft
>>
>>1044099
You might even get more traction if a group of like minded cyclists wrote a polite letter to GO/Metrolinx + local MPP. Like a cyclist advocacy group - similar to groups that cagers have
>>
>>1044101
See I would never come up with that.

I guess I could take it to the MP tomorrow.
>>
>>1043875
Only good transit in the GTA, and thank god, without them we'd cease to function.
>>
>>1044107
MPP nigga. And make sure to send copies to Metrolinx and GO transit as well.
>>
>>1044119
What the fuck is an MPP?
>>
>>1044120
Metroid Prime Pinball.
>>
>>1044121
Mother pumping procedure?
>>
>>1044120
A Member of Provincial Parliament. Your local MP isn't going to give two shits about a GO bus running you off the road
>>
>>1044124
K
>>
>>1044125
I edited it for you

Dear sir or madam or xir, but probably sir

This is a formal complaint, with the full weight of /n/ behind it, the worlds foremost online cycling forum hosted on a chinese girl cartoon imageboard.

Yesterday I was cycling along xyz street and a GO Transit operated double decker Enviro500 bus, with what was likely an immigrant driver (asian or one of the other ones), passed me at an incredible speed and with not enough space for a cyclist to allow for any error.

I felt that my safety was compromised, especially due to my plus-sized body. The driver honked his horn, which made the sound of a large tuba in sync with my pedaling, and little indian children riding on the bus recited the classic rhyme "sanjay the silly cyclist".

As a result I have created multiple threads on /n/ advocating cager genocide, day of the chain soon. I request you reduce the chinese-ness of your drivers.
>>
>>1044153
10/10
>>
>>1044153
meant for >>1044101
>>
>>1044125
You serious?
>>
>>1044086
>2 axles double decker
I approve of 3 axles only.
>>
File: Dont Run Me Over.jpg (26KB, 360x216px) Image search: [Google]
Dont Run Me Over.jpg
26KB, 360x216px
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.