[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which country's railway has the highest quality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

File: images.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
images.jpg
1B, 486x500px
I often hear that railways in Switzerland and Germany are very high quality.
Which countries are Japan, Switzerland, Germany and other countries that are considered to have the highest quality of this?
>>
>>1040879
You mean like subways and shit?
>>
It is all railway.
>>
>>1040879

The only three countries I have ridden rail on is the US, England and Switzerland.

NY metro was the easiest to figure out and the cheapest.

England normal rail was incredibly expensive and shitty.

London underground was much cheaper but shitty and LOUD wheels squealing so loud even Londoners were covering their ears. London DLR was a "killer man" line than threw your ass all over the place but luckily it was packed so people cushioned each other.

Switzerland regular line was really expensive but it was smooth as fuck and quiet.

I would prefer cheap and shitty to be honest. At least it would be affordable, which in my opinion is the main point of public transport
>>
Indeed.
It is certainly uncomfortable that the inside of the car is too noisy.
Transportation which is too expensive is obsolete.
>>
>Germany
It's levels below Switzerland.

For me it's Switzerland definitely, the speed, frequency, ticket integration, general quality. The only downsideis the price of the fare, which is fairly high for anyone from outside CH.
>>
File: ostel055[1].jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ostel055[1].jpg
1B, 486x500px
By the way, if you want really cheap and reliable on one side and fast and frequent and comfortable service on the other side, then I always say, that the Czech main line Prague-Ostrava is the best example worldwide, of course I might be wrong.
It connects two largest metro areas in Czechia and goes through 2 other big cities (Olomouc and Pardubice) and it also partly serves as commuter rail near Prague. Basically a backbone of Czech passanger railway, something like northeast corridor in USA. The distance is 356 km, the train goes every 30 minutes in rush hours and you can choose from 3 operators and trains of different quality and speed where the fastest travels only 3 hours which means the average speed is 118 km/hour stops included. And the best thing, the price starts at only 6 USD for adult.
I'd say the best ratio price/quality anywhere in the world.
Also some of the trains continue all the way to Košice in Slovakia, also for pretty good price.
>>
Again there is a good train in Switzerland.
>>
I feel I heard that the Czech train is excellent both in design and quality. I do not know what it is.
>>
File: 840cz024[1].jpg (1B, 486x500px)
840cz024[1].jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1040923
As I said, this line >>1040918 is pretty unique in the frequency and price of the service. There are also other few main lines with really good service, but there are other rather poor and slow lines. Also regional lines are rather slow and not comfortable. Still the fare price stays very convenient.
The uniqueness of Czech railway is the density of local lines. There is literally only ONE municipality over 10k population which doesn't have passanger railway connection.
>>
>>1040925
Is it convenient to connect the Czech Republic and Slovakia on the railroad?
>>
File: 680737[1].jpg (1B, 486x500px)
680737[1].jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1040929
Do you mean to travel between them by train? Yeah, definitely. There are basically 4 different train connections between Czechia and Slovakia.
The busiest are either Ostrava-Žilina-Košice, northern connection, here you can choose from 3 operators, all of them pretty cheap and fast.
Second busiest is Brno-Bratislava connection, here you can travel by 2 operators, also pretty fast. And continue to Budapest.
Then there are 2 "middle" connections, one is Hranice-Púchov, operated only by national operator and other one is Staré Město-Trenčín, in this case operated only by 1 private operator.
BTW, most of the international IC trains in this case start their journey in Prague. On all of these 4 connections.

Pic related, Czech pendolino in Slovakia.
>>
>>1040931
There is a fulfilling route for that much between the borders.
Just listening to that, I can imagine that a wonderful network of routes is being snugged throughout the country.
>>
File: 1122033[1].jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1122033[1].jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1040934
You can take a virtual ride on Ostrava-Prague pendolino train here
https://youtu.be/HgiZ72tsyoE

Nowadays the train is even faster thanks to rebuild Olomouc station (somewhere around 0:50:00), Ústí nad Orlicí station (1:35:30 onwards) and the last section before Prague (2:40:00 onwards)
>>
>>1040879
Hong Kong because country.
>>
>>1040934
I have only looked at it for a while but it is very wonderful. I will see more.
>>
I mistook the anchor.
orz
>>
Now I am overwhelmed by the wonder of the image of >> 1040935.
>>
>Japan
Prolly around the metropolitan area, but can say that even in mid-sized city like Fukuoka, the public transport is really efficient. Hell even the bus is as punctual as the train

>hong kong
Too crowded for me, and the MTR has plenty of cellphone deadspots. As far as the efficiency tho, it's about as good as the one in Tokyo metropolitan area

>manila
fuck this shithole

>kuala lumpur

The taxi is shitty, but overall pretty decent. Prolly better than what we had in Sydney but I've only been there twice so I can't comment much

>Australian rail in general
>fucking metro when
>tram is not a fucking solution

>london
The tube is too much of a claustrophobic-inducing for me, but the rail is pretty comfy

>ireland
Not as expansive (and some station is about as spartan is it can get) but just as comfy as the ones I've had in England.

Sometimes I couldn't understand why bongistani complained about their public transport. Sure the tube is pretty bad but that's more because it's something that is built 150 years ago and we do have both the convenience of technology and hindsight to complain. But it's a 10 minute ride at most and the frequency is superb
>>
>>1040943
It is very helpful. You have been to many countries, do not you?
>>
>>1040944
Meh not much. Prolly 20
>>
>>1040946
It is very amazing! I'm jealous!
>>
>>1040943

The problem with bongistan's transport shows face when you leave the bong district called London.

The bus routes are terrible and the trains are super expensive and often late.
>>
>>1040993
I do not hear a very good reputation about the British railroad.
Is it true that it is sometimes more expensive than an airplane?
>>
>>1040943
>Japan
>something something
>Hong Kong
>Too crowded
>about as good as the one in Tokyo metropolitan area
Also get a better carrier.
>>
>>1041085
Europe air is often cheaper than rail.
>>
Does that mean that airfare in Europe is cheap?
>>
>>1040879
It is definitely not Germany. Privatizing Deutsche Bahn a couple years ago was a huge mistake. They offer expensive, unreliable, uncomfortable service, though it's slowly getting better at the time. Then there's cool new small railway companies like Westfalenbahn, Metronom etc., who are more reliable and friendly than DB. But they still depend on the national infrastructure and they have to let IC and ICE trains pass by, which causes delays all the time.
>>
>>1041167
I heard that DB is not good for the first time. It is unexpected.
But I certainly have heard of the rumor itself that ICE has said that there are many breakdowns.
It is very good that there is a tendency for improvement.
>>
Not Germany, Austria has the better railway system. Even the Public Transport in the major cities is better.
>>
>>1041497
> Austria has the better railway system

Austrian disadvantage is called mountains. Their main lines struggle with going through valleys and are slow. The connection Vienna-Graz still goes through 170 years old Semmeringbahn slowly winding through narrow tunnels.
Also the local railway network is not as dense as in case of Germany or Switzerland.
>>
>>1041125
>Does that mean that airfare in Europe is cheap?
Yes. The taxes on it aren't.
>>
>>1040934
Anyway, if you want to take a train between Czechia and Slovakia, here are useful links:

idos.cz
>timetables and connection finder for all public transport in Czechia and international conenctions as well as some foreign trains and buses, great search engine, change language in lower right corner

cd.cz slovakrail.sk
>national railway operators, operate interantional trains between Czechia and Slovakia

regiojet.cz
>a private operator going on Prague-Ostrava-Košice(SK) and Prague-Brno-Bratislava lines as well as many coach services

le.cz
>similar as above, operates trains on Prague-Ostrava-Košice(SK) line

arriva-vlaky.cz
>operates trains on Prague-Trenčín(SK)-Nitra(SK) line
>>
>>1041326
>I heard that DB is not good for the first time. It is unexpected.
DB being good is an old meme, and it only stayed around outside of Germany and with people who never use public transportation.
I have personally used trains in Poland, Sweden and England in addition to Germany, where I travel by train at least twice a week.
PKP (Poland) is terrible, but they're getting better and better very quickly. I traveled there with twice within half a year. All the construction sites and holes in the ground had turned into nice modern stations in that timeframe. Delays and lack of communication with the crew were an issue though.
English and Swedish trains were both very comfortable, totally on time and had friendly staff. In the latter case, they even had multilingual displays and announcements. When you have to stop in the middle of the countryside to let a train pass, they actually tell you that in several languages. If you travel with DB, you can stand around in the sticks for ten minutes for no apparent reason. They won't tell you what is going on and when the journey can continue. The smaller companies do it to a certain degree, mostly to complain about and blame DB's IC and ICE trains.
>>
>>1041661
My experience with Poland is bad service. Yes, they might invest a lot of money into improving of infrastructure (which used to be really bad in many places) and buying new trains, but the service in general still stays insufficient. Mainly the capacity and frequency of trains in some main directions. Plus the price which stays high. Traveling by train stays expensive and unpelasant in Poland which is something I remember rom Czechia like 10-15 years back, but thankfully then came the private operators and service improved pretty quickly (not everywhere, though). I hope the sames will happen in Poland once the infrastructure is good.
>>
>>1040918
frequent service for lolcheap, yes.

Quality? haha, no, at least on the CD services I use (the top stuff doesn't call where I live). 1970s East German carriages (with a 1990s-2000s refit if you're lucky). I don't mind them being old, but they're noisy inside with busted suspension, and forget about A/C (unbearably hot in summer, either unbearably hot or freezing cold in winter).
>>
>>1041674
Do you live in Bezpráví?
>>
Great! Again there are many countries with very nice trains in Europe!
I would like to go to the Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and neighboring countries.
While I had a conversation here, that desire grew even more.
I will be going to pick up my passport unless I have a company tomorrow.
>>
日本の国有鉄道は接客態度の悪さを分割民営化によってある程度克服し、基本的には優良なサービスを提供しています。
>>
A railroad of our country Japan is a thing good again.
It is rich in a variation from the latest Shinkansen to local route and mountains railroad with the sentiment comparatively, and, except an aesthetic sense of the sad industrial thing of the Asian reason, the trip is happy. The national railways were divided (there are many areas where many errands are not convenient) in Japan, and there are many at all railroads because many private railroads run in the urban region. Therefore the terminal stations of Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya are very complicated.
The person whom it does not fit is at a loss by all means at the big station. No matter how even if there is a splendid map, it will invite a miserable result to enter the station without having a destination definitely.
In Japan, there there is large, and many trip enthusiasts and railroad enthusiasts may be surely satisfied with the north and south because they are long.
An individual private railroad (companies called "Keikyu"(Keihin Electric Express) ) and the Shinkansen which are absoluteness so as to be angry should enable an attractive trip almost as same as can surely do it in your country.
>>
>> 1041969
I mistook it and sent it in Japanese. I'm sorry.
Correctly

Japan's state-owned railway overcomes the poor reception attitude by split privatization to some extent, basically providing excellent service.

is. Again I apologize.
>>
>>1040879
The Sapporo Metro, like most Japanese metros, is very clean and efficient. It's a bit noisy, but the service is top-notch. I'd say Japan has very high quality, compared to New York, DC, and London.
>>
>>1041975
You can post in Japanese and let us decipher in Google Translate.

>>1041969
Not sure if it is impossible from hindsight to restructure debts and have nice service without privatization and reorganization. A more independent and efficient public/social enterprise is what we aspire to.

>>1041971
A dense metropolitan area naturally houses a complex network.
The rail-bus dilemma in conversion of defunct/unprofitable rail lines is equally tricky. Rural areas are receding.

>>1042188
Amazing how these cities can have a decent metro.
>>
The subway which >>1042188 says is" Sapporo municipal subway Toho Line "running in big city of Hokkaido, also known as Japanese Wales, Sapporo. The Sapporo municipal subway is superior in climbing ability and picking up speed and slowing down performance by a method to run in a rare rubber tire all right in the world. It is very quieter in winter whether the silent nature is the same level as a monorail if I close even a window. It is impossible in the summer to open a window to talk.
In addition, the rail is one because the Sapporo municipal subway adopts the structure that joined new transportation system to a monorail called a guidance rail method. Furthermore, the second rail runs strange orbit called the third rail because collector system is a third rail method in "Sapporo municipal subway Namboku Line". By the way, this Namboku Line is the only black route in route network set up around very large Hokkaido all right. Namboku Line banzaI.
>>
>>1041661
>English and Swedish trains were both very comfortable, totally on time and had friendly staff.
Not Southern then!

English trains in general run to very tight timetables with high frequencies, hardly any slack, and all while carrying a lot of people. That's mostly great, but as soon as anything goes wrong at all, it tends to spiral rapidly into suck. It's reached the stage where almost all improvements need construction work to do; working practices and signalling have been fiddled with close to as much as possible.
>>
I frequently drive from Dresden to Hamburg in Germany which is partly operated by german DB and czech CD. Train is CD, but locomotive gets changed to DB in dresden. The train starts in Prague and goes all the way to hamburg, sometimes even to the northern german coast. I totally love staying in the food wagon drinking czech beer. Seems more comfy than DB wagons overall.
>>
Because anyone can take me to Europe!
How come I was born in such a decadent small country of Asia! Geez! Geez!
Germany is! The Czech Republic! Switzerland! Austria is! All the other European countries are calling me!
>>
>>1042975
That's because ČD operates their best cars on those trains so it won't make a 3rd world image of Czechia.
>>
I like trains. Choo chooo. #train @ionivkr here

They go fast. Helsinki metro is good.
>>
>>1040879
Japan and Switzerland. Tough the second one could be expensive for foreigner (especially those who'll travel a lot and don't have a half price card or a general card -> for something like 4000CHF).
>>
Hong Kong's is supposed to be very good.
>>
>>1043095
No offence, but Hong Kong is only like one city.
>>
>>1040879
Canada's freight railways are top tier
>>
>>1042686
I forgot how noisy they get in the summer. You can barely hear anything in those cars. Still a great system though.
>>
>>1044053
That is a new opinion. I am interested.
>>
>>1043095
What kind of railroad is in Hong Kong?
>>
>>1043098
>Singapore not one city?
>>
>>1044250
Singapore one city as well
>>
>>1044240
Three suburban mainline rail, (almost) all having rapid transit class service. One 1500V DC suburban line. All others your average metro.
One streetcar and one light rail system.
Going to have a bloody trash HSR from the PRC and stupid monorail. A lot of things on the way.
>>
>>1040879
cleanest metro by far i would vote the athens one
japan is no1 by far in terms of quality and punctuality
shittiest railway service (normal one) india/cambodia/greece(although the buyout from the italian railways probably will give them a boost)
vintage one (by light years ahead the japanese one..)
the whole hsr system between netherlands/germany/france/england is pretty meh not to bad not to good its there just to exist and doesnt really want to compete with the air transport at all..
>>
>>1040879
>Germany
>Good railways
Sure, if you don't mind stepping over Jamal's poop and/or getting stabbed and mugged by some 14 year old poor refugees that just happen to have a beard and a latest smartphone.
>>
Shinkansen is pretty great.
It's interesting that Japan uses trains and not airplanes. That's part of history of Japan.
>>
Do not under any circumstances reply to bait post number #1044265.
>>
>>1044265

hows the afd doing these days ?
>>
>>1044265
Back to pol with you. We're discussing real life here, not your imagination.
>>
>>1044560
not good unfortunately
germs are still hard to get that merkel's *** up their ****
>>
>>1040943
>Sometimes I couldn't understand why bongistani complained about their public transport.
London isn't bongland mate

Step outside the city and ride some northern rail, enjoy the comfort of piss soaked foam seats while enjoying the delight of paperclip fastened train cars riding on victorian era rail lines.

If you were feeling adventurous you could also take the mars rover experience by catching a bus and plowing through pot holes the size of teresa may's asshole.
>>
>>1044571
>the size of teresa may's asshole
DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT!
>>
For subway networks only:

(1/2)

>Paris
Best for density. Stations always within less than a 10 minute walk. But there are so many stations that the average speed is slow as balls.
Also, dirtier than the RER, loud, and inacessible with stairs everywhere.
STIF (the company that oversees the Paris subway) should be dispanded and fully privatized as a corporation. There is no reason for the Paris subway to be this decrepit with all the tourists and passengers they get, it is a result of French union ineffciency and bullshit.

>NY
Dogshit in every way. Paris rates higher.

>London
Claustrophobic and overpriced for what you get

>Tokyo
Would be perfect if Toei and Tokyo Metro were finally merged to form a more coherent network.
Japan's IC card system is the best.
Station design is bland and 80s looking for the most part, but trains are always very clean and comfortable.
Distance based fare system is the way to go.
Like many other Japanese subways, Tokyo metro integrates into regular suburban commuter lines from private railway companies, so you avoid transfers and shorten travel time. This is probably the most ingenious part of many Japanese subways, the fact that different railway companies come to agreements to use each other's stations and trains and integrate their fare system.

>Osaka
Almost as nice as Tokyo, although the trains are usually older and smaller, and the facilities seem a bit less well maintained.
Just like Tokyo, props again for integrating Hankyu railway and the Kintetsu Keihanna line into the subway network, although I wish there was more integration with private railways like Tokyo.

>Lausanne
Tiny, clean, expensive... Not much to say
>>
(2/2)

>Hong Kong
Punctual, overcrowded (compared to Tokyo even), trains are nowhere near as comfortable as Japan's, but fares are very reasonable. Full platform screen doors everywhere is pretty cool.
-Points for not being allowed ANY drink or food in trains (even water). And getting fined equivalent of USD $200 for it

>Kyoto
Only two lines, Tozai line with linear motors is very nice. Again if privatized like the Tokyo metro it would surely be better facility and efficiency wise. Fares are high for Japan.

>Washington DC
Nicest subway system in the US IMO. For US public transport standards, it is legendary. For the rest of the world, it is nothing to write home about

>Madrid
Very good. Great station density, nice station designs, one of the best European subways.

>Lisbon
Bretty gut. Similar to Madrid but with way less lines

>Taipei, Vienna, Saporro, Yokohama, Lille
Don't remember or haven't ridden enough to form opinion

Anyone disagree with this?
>>
LONDON Britfag here
O
N
D
O
N

Tube varies wildly on it's dick-suckery levels depending on which line you're on.
>Picadilly Line will literally make you deaf
>Ambient temp of Central Line is never below 30°c and air-circulation is non-existent
>District line is only line to service South West of the city, has old tracks and mixed age rolling stock, comes to a complete standstill on a weekly basis. Good luck getting to work when it does.
Meanwhile...
>Victoria line is fast as fuck and uses new rolling stock
>Hammersmith and City/Circle/parts of District line use modern rolling stock that's comfy af and has aircon

Our national rail is a fucking joke and there's a lot of politics about it and shitty underhand business going on. Different providers all bid for certain routes and have to be awarded them by the gov't. Some are way shittier than others. System in general is fucking rife with overcrowding for stupid as fuck reasons.
>Pay ~£100 for a return from Wales
>Get on our train
>Literally completely full, people shoulder to shoulder in aisles, walkways etc, reservations disabled
>People standing in the toilets because there's no space
>Train guard comes on the tannoy, super pissed
>"This happens every fucking time, this train departs from *port* at the exact point that an entire Ferry's worth of holiday goers arrives, meaning it's overcrowded every time"
>Proceeds to explain that this has been a four carriage train for years and the problem could have been solved by running an 8 carriage for this one only.
>Begs us to write in and complain because he's sick of it
>Do so
>Get a patronising letter back saying that they basically don't give a fuck and we're entitled to 2% refund because the reservations were disabled
>Give us a £10 refund though 'because they are aware it must have been an unpleasant experience'
>£10 refund on a £100 ticket
>Was forced to stand in the isle/toilet for 4 hours

Virgin Trains lol.
>>
>>1048060
>virgin trains

no other company's name have ever been so much spot on
>>
>>1048062

In the grand scheme of things they're actually p.good.

Except their Pendolinos make everyone sick (ever wonder why they have weird purple lights all over? reduces nausea).
>>
File: FGC_network.png (2MB, 2268x1701px) Image search: [Google]
FGC_network.png
2MB, 2268x1701px
I'm a little scared to post this because there's a group of guys on here who dedicate their lives to complaining about Barcelona's public transport, but... I think it's pretty good.

The whole city is covered by the metro, plus the nearest adjoining big towns/cities (Badalona, l'Hospitalet, Cornella, El Prat, Santa Coloma). The busiest lines run at a frequency of less than 3 minutes at peak times.

Then there are trains to all the surrounding towns and cities, most of which have pretty acceptable frequency (30 minutes or less) given that they're not serving the most populated areas. There are also a lot of buses although I find the metro is almost always faster.

The best part is that a 10 trip ticket for the central zone only costs €10, and a 3 month unlimited 1 zone ticket costs €142. I probably make 25-30 journeys per week so it works out ridiculously cheap for me.
>>
>>1048133
It also has great connections to other cities with the regional trains and HSR (AVE is super comfy). Now I'm going to stop posting before the tram-obsessed weirdos show up and tell me the whole thing is shit.
>>
>>1044267
They did use airplanes, they even managed to make Boeing build some special models for them
>>
>>1048045

>USD $200 fine

The fine is actually $2000 HKD for violating that bylaw, which is around $260 USD due to the pegged exchange rate. Here's the document for the current MTR Bylaws along with the fines if you are bored enough to read them

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/main/mtr_by_laws.html

>>1044267

They did use airplanes for medium to long distance travel. Before Tokaido Shinkansen opened in 1964 it takes nearly 7 hours by train to travel between Tokyo and Osaka, but the Shinkansen basically took over most of the market share in that section. According to JR Central the Tokaido Shinkansen has a 85% share VS 15% for airplanes between Tokyo and Osaka

http://company.jr-central.co.jp/ir/annualreport/_pdf/annualreport2016-02.pdf
>>
>>1040879
bump because I am actually interested.
>>
Japan and Switzerland.

Don't group Germany with them.
That said, the situation in Germany is probably better than in, say, the UK, Italy or the US.
>>
>>1041661
>If you travel with DB, you can stand around in the sticks for ten minutes for no apparent reason. They won't tell you what is going on and when the journey can continue
Yeah, that's not true at all and only happens in the rarest situations. Stop lying.
>>
File: Frozone-The-Incredibles-Pixar-b.jpg (14KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
Frozone-The-Incredibles-Pixar-b.jpg
14KB, 500x355px
>>1040907
>Transportation which is too expensive is obsolete
Transportation which is too expensive is primary currency of chimpanzees desperately clinging to perceptions of status and self-worth in the US.

MFW I have to tolerate this obsolete bullshit
>>
>>1040904
England's rail is very shitty nowadays. We basically have a franchise system where the highest bidder gets to provide rail service in acertain area. Some companies are shit, like Abellio Greater Anglia. Often, the workers go on strike and sometimes for no reason, like the current Southern Rail strike. It is also expensice and has a lot of engineering works. This goes for the busses as well.
>>
File: CwDwYciVYAAg4yb.jpg (100KB, 1200x717px) Image search: [Google]
CwDwYciVYAAg4yb.jpg
100KB, 1200x717px
>>1048045
>Washington DC
It's turned into complete dogshit in the past few years. Head-end collisions and smoke in the tunnels from stalled trains has literally killed more than a handful of people in the last 10 years. Operators with little discipline run red signals with no safety fallback whatsoever. A constant cycle of extensive trackwork means your subway commute could be affected at any time, leaving little alternative than shuttle buses. Metro now runs the lowest amount of operating hours for any American subway, and has shit headways to go along with it.

You can hear all about it in this podcast:
http://wamu.org/show/metropocalypse/
>>
>>1040879
The Montreal "Saint CUM" in Quebec.
>>
>>1048060
Somewhat curious how the Crossrail/Elizabeth line is gonna fair on the dick-suckery scale when it finally opens
>>
>>1040879
Anybody that doesnt say the Netherlands seriously doesnt know what they are talking about and should be forbidden to even think about trains ever again.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.