[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The reliability of modern russian airliners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Sukhoi Superjet 100, Il-96, Tu-204, are they unsafe? I can think a lot of comment about the danger of flying these planes, but i think it's just a fear of the old soviet planes like Tu-154.
>>
Just as safe as any other plane as long as they're properly maintained.
>>
>>1040187
ssj fleet just got grounded, lmao
>>
>>1040189
I'd agree with this. However, there's a not a great culture of safety in Russia. Why fix the #1 hydraulic system when you got another perfectly good one still working?
>>
>>1040227
There's not a great culture of safety in Brazil neither but the Embraer are very good planes. It would be cool to see SSJ100 operated and maintained by european companies, in a "russianless" environment, to see how it performs. But this is a political mess
>>
sukhoi ssj have just discovered a safety problem but so far they seems to be responding to it in a way that up to western standard. Have to see how the investigation would turn out first..
>>
For what it's worth the Russian TU-154 crash appears to have been caused by the copilot pulling the wrong lever. He meant to raise the landing gear but instead pulled in the flaps. This might not have been a fatal error except that it seems the plane was also overloaded.
>>
>>1040187
There was a Mexican airline pilot on a while back who commented on how the new Sukhois were perfectly fine flying machines when they were working, but that there was so many constant minor malfunctions that it caused complacency
>>
>>1040189
There's so much variation between other planes that I don't think "any other plane" is a valid comparator.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.