[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I buy a bike like this? What kind of bike this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: bike.png (523KB, 566x379px) Image search: [Google]
bike.png
523KB, 566x379px
Where can I buy a bike like this? What kind of bike this?
>>
File: Bike3.jpg (570KB, 1280x978px) Image search: [Google]
Bike3.jpg
570KB, 1280x978px
>>1039757
I've tried image search and i'm having a hard time. I just want to throw my money at whoever made it.

Also if someone could help me identify this bike as well that would be cool.
>>
>>1039757
Is a Pashley?
>>
>>1039759
I think you could be right. Thanks for the start.

Any luck on figuring out second pic? >>1039758
>>
File: 1976_dl1_ph_fin_1.jpg (195KB, 744x496px) Image search: [Google]
1976_dl1_ph_fin_1.jpg
195KB, 744x496px
>>1039757
Pashley Guv'nor is a reasonable approximation that's available new... but it's $$$$
Raleigh offers the Tourist Deluxe in Denmark.. also $$$$
Alternately, see if you can scare up an old Raleigh DL-1 in reasonable condition
>>
File: Dunelt.jpg (329KB, 1529x1313px) Image search: [Google]
Dunelt.jpg
329KB, 1529x1313px
>>1039757
That looks like a Raleigh 3-speed. Good city bikes, and dependable as all hell. You can find them on Craigslist occasionally, and all the time on eBay for reasonable prices. I just picked up one myself from one of Raleigh's "B" marques for $165.
>>
>>1039757
>tractor spring rear seat
>leather thingy over chainring (carry handle for shouldering it?)
>rim generator front light
>fucking R O D B R A K E and only on the front
>artfully distressed paint
Christ.
This is the sort of bike a hipster buys and carefully poses in the entryway of their apartment, riding it perhaps twice a year.

>>1039758
Some sort of awful early 90s mountain bike. Those rear brakes must barely work at all with that terrible straddle cable angle, and I'd bet the frame flexes so much that the rear derailleur shifts itself every time you hit a bump. Someone's gone and put some modern Onza tires on there, which are only available in 27.5" (not 26") so the mechanical advantage on the cantis is even lower now.

Assuming the drivetrain is OE, the XT M732 or M735 derailleurs with the M737 pedals and M730 crank puts it in the '89-'93 timeframe.
>>
>>1039757
>>1039759
No, it's just a legit 100 year old bike. You can tell from the cranks. It's not a modern reproduction.
>>
These bikes were great when horses ruled the road (horses are afraid of bicycles FYI)

Ride one on a shared road now and you have a death wish
>>
>>1039757
I can't imagine those handlebars are particularly comfortable to use.
>>
>>1039871
Relaxed seating position.
>>
>>1039809

>horses are afraid of bicycles FYI

brb, gonna go out and scare some horses on my bike
>>
File: horsebite.gif (971KB, 288x275px) Image search: [Google]
horsebite.gif
971KB, 288x275px
>>1039809
>>1039892

Well this explains that
>>
>>1039757
you could fish one out of a canal in any dutch town
>>
>>1039875
>relaxed seating position
explain this meme to me.
how dose shifting all your weight away from your hands and feet to your ass make a bike more comfortable?
>>
>>1040046
Some people have back problems that are genuinely painful with a more prone position; some just feel safer around city traffic ("more comfortable") because they feel like they can see/be seen better if they're more upright. It's unquestionably a recipe for ass pain on long rides, though.
>>
>>1040046
by having a different saddle than a road bike ? It's really not hard to understand : are you inconfortable when you sit on a chair ?
>>
>>1039767
>rod brakes
ugh.
>>
File: 76-superbe-tourist[1].jpg (64KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
76-superbe-tourist[1].jpg
64KB, 800x650px
>>1040240
That was an intentional choice on the DL-1, even after WW2. It was supposed to be robust and extremely easy to service while being used for rural work. But there's no excuse for the replicas being made now to not have updated brakes. It isn't the 1950s anymore.
>>
>>1039800
>carry handle for shouldering it?
I am pretty sure I've seen it posted here (together with $130 price tag).
As well as the banana holster.
>>
>>1039757
>Where can I buy a bike like this?
At certain bike shops
>What kind of bike this?
It's a single speed, rear wheel drive bicycle with two wheels
>>
>>1040900
Haha anon you're so witty!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.