[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I Made A Good Choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (238KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238KB, 1924x1080px
Hi /n/,
NJ anons here,
The transit system is getting really good around my area.
So good I ditch my driving permit for the road rails
3 months in and I believe it's by far the best choose I've made.
Only cons I face is all my friend's drives and not me
But why drive
>no gas
>no repair
>no tolls
>no tickets
>no reckless drivers
>no risk of hurting others
>no stress
Did I made a good choice?
>>
you should have made this thread on /o/
you fucking commie
>>
I bought a brand new 125cc scooter, a brand new road bicycle, a year's worth of gasoline and a year-long unlimited rides bus pass for less than the down payment of the cheapest new car you can buy at any dealership in reasonable distance to my house. That's still less than 1/5 the cost of the cheapest shittiest used cars that you can buy from dealers here.

I have no regrets, so far it's extremely efficient and the monthly cash savings bukakke is welcome. If I lived in a cold part of the world, I might miss heating, but that's it.
>>
>>1037938
Speaking of which:
>My friends drive
Four of my friends chose to buy used cars outside of dealerships to save money. They ALL failed critically. Only one was able to repair their shitmobile.

I'll pass on cars completely until I have the cash to buy a new one in warranty upfront, because fuck those money holes.
>>
Among my friends and coworkers there's always someone complaining about expensive car repairs or car payments that strain their budgets... I don't say anything unless they actually ask for advice, but I'm always, always tempted to glibly remind them that I haven't owned a car for six years now and don't miss it at all. Nobody would eat at a restaurant for every meal and then go on to complain about their monthly food cost, but many people have a blind spot where they can't even fathom living without cars.
>>
File: flour.jpg (129KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
flour.jpg
129KB, 1152x1536px
>>1037954
>/ck/
I think there's a fair number of posters shared between /n/ and /ck/, I've seen each mentioned on the other board quite a few times now.

Personally I've largely given up on visiting /ck/, these days I just look at the catalog page once in a while to find the 10% of threads that are actually about cooking, as opposed to youtube food reviewers, fast food, and whining/trolling. Current /ck/ makes we wish we could go back to the days where the shitposting was always about knives and steak sauce.
>>
>>1037946
>Nobody would eat at a restaurant for every meal and then go on to complain about their monthly food cost
I do this. In fact, one bar I go to, I serially complain about their drink prices. In good nature, though.

They always say I can so someplace else.
We both know I really can't.
>>
>>1037969
>10% of threads that are actually about X
I know what you mean man
I kinda feel like /n/ is the last good board
We have our own culture here, but the memes aren't stupid, and we actually do talk about bikes
>>
>>1037978
>i only go there to shitpost
>keep getting banned "for no reason"
>that board is degenerating into a shitposting fest
Gee, anon, if only we could figure out if these three correlate somehow.
>>
>>1037935

Should just have gotten your driving license.

More "qualifications" open up more opportunities.
>>
>>1037935
depends
hudson county is livable without a car, and so is essex (but you'll have to get used to being surrounded by shady folk)

the rest of the state isn't nearly as good, but njt lives up to its name and covers most of the state (there's a local bus that goes from asbury park to philadelphia for heavens sake, takes about four hours)
>>
>>1037983
Yea but even so, I would still hate it since I'm dealing with other idiots on the road.
Plus I'm a photographer.
Walking and biking fits more in the bill.
Aside from that, I'm Spanish so I have a shit ton of family that can drive me around and I give them gas money.
>>1037984
I live in Middlesex County, it's very livable
>have a folding bike
>train station is 4 blocks away
>bus station is 2 blocks away
not bad
>njt lives up to its name and covers most of the state
It sure is anon.
>>
>>1037986

>Family to drive me around

This is no problem when you are young and can't drive or have no job but are getting rides to interviews but it gets really tiresome for the family involved really fast.

For lower income families they will quickly realize how much it costs them to drive you around for minimal to no return. Even great appreciation doesn't put the money back in their pockets.

Rich family members will realize how much time they are wasting driving you around, particularly when they could be making more money or be enjoying some pricey alcohol at their poolside.

Having a license and choosing not to drive is also different to not having a license at all.
>>
>>1038008
>Even great appreciation doesn't put the money back in their pockets
Oh yea, that's why I give them gas and a tip.
I treat my family with great respect.
I let them know wayyy ahead of time when I got work or have a photography project to do.
We're very middle class and well adjusted
So we don't feel like we're wasting each others time. And if we do, we pay each other back.
Also, I would feel like a total dick if I got a license but don't drive for shit.
Feels meaningless to get one in the first place.
It's like having a gun with a gun license yet you still beat the shit outta person with a bat, kek.
>>
>>1038017

Beating someone with a bat yields different results than shooting them.

A car license will just mean that if you need to go anywhere and your family is busy you can actually just borrow their car if they are willing. Or rent one. Or if your business takes off and you are needed somewhere outside of public transports range and outside of your families graces then you don't have to ask your client for a ride.
>>
>>1037983
>Should just have gotten your driving license.

Nope. The last thing we need on the roads are people who rent a car or pickup truck once every three months when they need it. Possibly the most terrifying and incompetent drivers I've ever seen.

Either make a commitment to maintaining your driving skills or to be a non driver.
>>
>>1037986
You don't need to have a car if you get your license, you can continue not driving, it just means that if you ever need to drive somewhere at any point in the future you'll be able to do it - you could borrow someone's car instead of needing them to drive you, which there aren't always people willing and able to do, especially on short notice. It's a good thing to have for in case there's some sort of emergency or you don't want them to know all the details about what you're doing.
>>
>>1038017
It's like having a gun license but no gun, not the other way around. Nothing about a gun license prevents you from beating the shit out of someone with a bat if you want to.
>>
>>1037979
>we actually do talk about bikes

Bikes are /n/'s fast food, this was a train board once.
>>
>>1038507
>A gun license
Get out of here euroshit. The only gun license I need is the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.
>>
>>1038543
They were the one who made the gun license analogy, I was just pointing out that they had it backwards.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.