[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people who don't wear helmets deserve what they get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: helmets6.jpg (42KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
helmets6.jpg
42KB, 500x361px
Do people who don't wear helmets deserve what they get?
>>
everything happens for a physical reason
but probably not a moral one.
wearing a helmet is a good choice, but is still a choice.
>>
>>1036351

Pretty much. The average pleasure cyclist pleb struggles to go 20kph, if you can't handle a crash at those speeds you should probably wear a helmet when you run, get into the shower or walk on ice. There IS a proper way to fall, your head shouldn't be touching the ground when you fall, even with a helmet. A good set of traps will do more than a helmet at low speeds. Watch some MotoGP races for examples of how to fall properly.

I personally wear one when I'm going hard but not when I go get groceries, Just putting that out there before I trigger somebody.
>>
This thread again?
Don't you realise this board is too slow for trolling?
>>
>>1036351
Yes

>>1036361
>hurr durr everyone should have the reflexes of a ninja and be able to land on their feet no matter what
You're an idiot, STFU
>>
>>1036351
If someone who wears a helmet is pulverised by a truck it's a tragedy, if he wasn't wearing a helmet he deserved it?
>>
>>1036370
yes
>>
There's no such thing as "deserving"
>>
>>1036361
Look, kid. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
>>1036370
Exactly, I'm glad you understand, faggot
>>
>>1036351
people who operate machinery without the proper or prescribed PPE do in-fact deserve what they get. how is this even a question?
>>
Nah. Just like I don't wear a seatbelt when driving alone but always put it on when carpooling. I'll accept the consequences of my actions but will not allow myself to be a projectile in a crash that could hurt others. The only people who actually "deserve" it are the ones who question why they got hurt sans helmet.
>>
One time I was driving to work and saw a bicyclist down on the shoulder. I asked him what happened and he said a cat hit him and left

I said "maybe you should have not been wearing dark clothes, had lights on in the pitch black and a helmet on you fucking dope" and drove away

Those mongoloids who bike in the dark, dark clothes, no lights, no helmet, I wish they would all get fucking hit
>>
>>1036596
meow
>>
File: sprint.jpg (104KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sprint.jpg
104KB, 1000x1000px
>>1036596
i did that yesterday. i mean my jersey is highlighter yellow but i forgot to check my pack for lights and hit dusk at my turnaround. had my lid and pads on though.
>>
>>1036596
I was hit by a cat once. I had my light and bright red jacket on, no helmet because I was just going to rool down the street too my house. Two cats were under a car on my right, when the 1st cat darted across the street followed by the 2nd. The 2nd one clipped the back of my front wheel and I went over my bars. Smashed my head on the ground and had a few cuts and bruises. Moral of the story: fuck cats and wear a helmet.
>>
>>1036510
Good point.
>>1036596
lol congrats
>>1036623
Fuck you faggot
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.