[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glycogen stores appreciation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5753.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5753.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
I just want to have this thread to appreciate our glycogen stores.

My stomach has always been a hungry bitch, I usually have breakfast at 8:00, if I sit on my ass I get very hungry by 11:00. But if I get on the bike, I dont get hungry, even while riding until late afternoon, spending 1000kcal per hour according to my powermeter. This is glycogen and fat stores doing their jobs.

I just want to take some time to appreciate our bodies ability to store energy and use this to ride like the gods we are.
>>
>>1036166
>1000kcal per hour
Average wattage at that rate, for how many hours, and what do you weigh?
>>
>>1036171
about 240-270 watts on average an hour on the longer rides depending on my form/will. Strava tells me I am at 1300kcal/hour when at my FTP of ~320 watts.
I weigh 62kg. I am terrible at explosiveness though, 800 watts is my max. When I try to do anything explosive like that my legs become sponges.

I am also recovering from a heavy crash and a concussion and I am physically weak as fuck which is very frustrating.
>>
>>1036172
>about 240-270 watts on average
Yeah, that's about what I thought. The calculation is pretty straightforward, really, the human body is about 25% efficient, kcal/hour converts easily to kJ/hour, so I came up with about 290 watts. 240-270 watts sounds about right to be in high Zone-2 or Tempo (Zone-3).

>I am terrible at explosiveness though, 800 watts is my max. When I try to do anything explosive like that my legs become sponges.
That's because you're probably not one of the guys who strength trains in the gym in the Fall, and also you may not have many Type-II muscle fibers. Doesn't mean you can't train them to make them stronger though, but that really starts in the gym. You *do* do Force work, Threshold intervals, anaerobic intervals, and Lactate Tolerance reps, right? If not then there's your problem.

Come over to /BRT/: >>1026641
>>
>>1036173
Well I do these "threshold" things at 105rpm and I am fast as fuck on those, 320 watts for 45 minutes on a good day
>>
>>1036174
>threshold rides
>105rpm
..okay, that's good, but you're not actually building muscular endurance for your Type-I muscle fibers that way, you need to do Threshold work at 70-80rpm.

You need to get a copy of The Cyclists Training Bible and read it. It really is starting to sound like your training plan needs some work.
>>
File: Furka.jpg (210KB, 952x818px) Image search: [Google]
Furka.jpg
210KB, 952x818px
>>1036175
I know, and that fucked me up in the alps last summer. I went up grinding at some of the steeper climbs at low cadence and I was useless.

This was before I got a powermeter, but since got one I was probably pushing at least 250 watts here and I was still useless compared to the top guys.
>>
>>1036176
Do you have an actual year-long training plan, or do you just 'wing it' like so many riders do? If it's the latter then you really need to know having a plan works. Among other things you can time your peak to coincide with important races so you smash the competition. Friel may not be the end-all-be-all of training but it's pretty good and better than no plan.
>>
File: gangsters.jpg (394KB, 1704x825px) Image search: [Google]
gangsters.jpg
394KB, 1704x825px
>>1036178
yes I just ride as hard as I can whenever I can, so no real plan anywhere to be seen.
>>
>>1036179
>the time-honored 'ride as hard as you can all the time' training plan
Yes I'm being sarcastic.

Get yourself a copy of Cyclists Training Bible. Read it. Learn to make a training plan. Use the workouts provided. Next Fall get into the gym and strength train (it's too late in the year to do that now). It's good shit, follow it. You'll thank me later.

Here's a shitty scanned copy of CTB 3rd edition: http://www.lronman.ru/docs/CyclistBible3.pdf
>>
wow this thread is suprisingly insightfull and civil.
>>
>>1036179
So shitskins infect even the rural Netherlands? Damn you're fucked Euros.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.