[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting back on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hay /n/, can't seem to find a thread that fits my question so I'll just ask.

What would /n/ suggest bike gear / parts wise for a person getting back into cycling. I got a bit fat after injury and I'm not as energetic as I used to be due to meds. Anything that can make the ride easier for now?
>>
>>>/n/bqg
>>>/n/bbg
>>
>>1035714
thx anon
>>
>>1035713
Get a hybrid bike, something like one of the Trek 7.x models or a Specialized Crossroads. They're not as fast as a proper road bike or as good on rough stuff as a mountain bike, but they're great for people who are getting back into shape or overweight because you can still have fun riding around on one even when you don't have great strength and fitness. Once you get back into decent physical condition you'll be able to make full use of a sporty bike, but for now I wouldn't worry about anything aside from finding something simple you can ride and enjoy.
>>
>>1035718
Thanks, moved my question to here >>1035717

Also I have a Trek bike, think it's one of the older models.
>>
>>1035713
GET BACK ON YOUR BIKE

RIDE IT UNTIL YOU'RE HAPPY AGAIN

YOU DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE

JUST RIDE YOUR BIKE

DON'T WORRY ABOUT ENERGY

YOU'LL PERK UP A FEW MILES INTO THE RIDE

JUST GO RIDE
>>
>>1035713
Don't cheap out, you get what you pay for with bikes and its going to be hard enough getting back into cycling if the bike is fighting you and falling apart all the way.
If you're heavy, make sure the bike has a Freehub(Cassette) rear wheel, not a Freewheel type; otherwise you'll just be breaking axles all day. -Note that this will put the bike into 500$ price point minimum; but it'll save a lot of pain later on.
>>
>>1035713
Nashbar
>>
File: 1.0x0.jpg (143KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1.0x0.jpg
143KB, 750x750px
>>1035713
>Anything that can make the ride easier for now?

165mm cranks if you want to take it easy on the knees and hips. less range-o-motion babe

And jack your stem up. Jack dat stem
>>
fresh tumeric my man

made a huge difference for me recovering from a knee injury. My GP recommended it even. Lots of roadies swear by it. Natural anti inflammatory. It barely has any taste so you can use it in whatever. I peel it, then grate it and fry it with garlic at the start of lots of dishes. Indian or Chinese shops will sell it.

Also smoke weed.

>>1038301
also this, although imo 170 is probably a better compromise unless you're a manlet
>>
>Anything that can make the ride easier for now?
A good fitting bicycle with suitable gearing and properly inflated tires is all you need friendo
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.