[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think this is a fucking meme?!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

File: image.png (467KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
467KB, 1136x640px
https://youtu.be/uyrlEE9AV58
>>
What is the point of this thread?
>>
>>1035473
No, it's a proof that you don't need full suspension to practice MTB and having fun.
>>
>>1035473
3:32
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klQgrkxU70Y&t=38s
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWy5xX3-e3U
>>
>>1035780
What an insufferable faggot. Didn't make it past the minute mark. IT SAYS NO PARKING RIGHT THERE YOU STUPID IDIOT
>>
>>1035781
fuck, that was

R A D
A
D

I want to have that much fun too
>>
>>1035473
>Rigid 90s MTB with slicks
>flying through traffic like punks
>pretty sweet moves

Inspirational.

Can anyone ID bikes? Are these Trek Singletracks? Maybe 930 or 970?
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 960x643px
>>1035825
>Can anyone ID bikes? Are these Trek Singletracks? Maybe 930 or 970?

Good eye. I think so too.
>>
>>1035781
Wasn't Akrigg a kid in the 90s?
>>
>>1035927
He was born in 84 so yeah.
>>
File: 1480386472711.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480386472711.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>1035928
>older than chris akrigg
>just bought my first bike last year
i have A LOT of work to do
>>
>>1035835

built up a 950 for a friend.
it's a lovley bike
>>
>>1035825
>>1035835

middle digit is round-ish, so not a 970. 930 could work.

CAPTCHA: pedro garden
>>
File: cool1423012642564.jpg (42KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
cool1423012642564.jpg
42KB, 424x600px
YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMFCi0xzfPI
>>
>>1037624
more rad brit riding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUegL6Lz4tQ
>>
i'm both of them pounded mad pussy by the end of the day.
>>
>>1037624
MTBers having fun? UNFATHOMABLE
>>
File: 1482597163842.jpg (1MB, 1082x765px) Image search: [Google]
1482597163842.jpg
1MB, 1082x765px
I went rigid and never looked back.
Who the fuck even needs suspension, it's heavy as hell. You spend most of the time climbing anyways.
Basically you only need suspension if you are a casual that takes a lift up a mountain.
>>
>>1037647
>Being so weak that you blame your inability to climb on a few extra kilos
I'm sorry you're too casual to benefit from suspension.
>>
>>1037649
What benifit exactly?
That you can go 3km faster than me on a downhill?

>Being so weak that you blame your inability to climb on a few extra kilos
You think I'm some fucking noob? I only switched last year. Before that I had the Reba RL which is trash by the way.
You are just too unskilled to ride fast on uneven terrain without your cruch.
>>
>>1037651
>That you can go 3km faster than me on a downhill?
I think you'll find that metres are a unit of distance, not speed.

>You are just too unskilled to ride fast on uneven terrain without your cruch.
>uneven terrain
Bruh, not everyone rides the same casual shit as you as slowly as you do. A drop bar road bike could be ridden on a lot of trails, it'll just be slow as shit and potentially dangerous in some cases. If you want to ride faster and safer and the terrain is pretty rough then you can certainly benefit from suspension.

Keep on calling me unskilled if it makes you happy though, I'm sure your dope skills make up for being weak as fuck.
>>
>>1037654
..listen, buddy, I don't know who you are or what kind of cycling you do. Me, I'm a road cyclist on a local team. I train 6 days a week, and in a normal week the 7th day is in the gym doing core strengthening. Yesterday I did 30 minutes continuous at Threshold, a new PR for me. Looking at doing a TT this year, for the first time since I got hurt a few years back, and I think I can win one, or at least place in the top 5. Not bragging, just establishing who I am and what I'm about. Long rides at Threshold are no picnic.

There are two kinds of cyclists: Competitors, and everyone else. I don't care what kind of bike we're talking about, or what terrain you ride on, or how many days or how many miles a week, everyone falls into one of those two categories. The riders who are not competitors? They'll back off if it's starting to get uncomfortable. Why? Because they have *no reason* to push themselves that hard. In terms of training zones, if they push past Endurance and into Tempo or beyond, they won't stay there for more than a very short amount of time before backing off, because it's *uncomfortable* for them, and they don't feel the need to go that fast.

Competitors? They aren't pushing themselves to the point of it being abject suffering for no good reason, they know that on the other side of that suffering, there are *gains*. They know that as the mesocycles go by, they'll be able to go a little faster and a little longer because of that suffering, and they know that from those gains, comes getting that much closer to winning races, or that town-line sprint, or being first to the top of that big climb on the weekly fast group ride, or whatever it is that, for them, translates into 'competition'. Usually it's about some race or another, but it can even mean being the first to the top of that one big climb on the weekly group ride, or just beating your own PR on a set course you ride alone every week. There's a challenge, and they feel the need to meet it.
>>
File: downhill bike.jpg (91KB, 1000x578px) Image search: [Google]
downhill bike.jpg
91KB, 1000x578px
>>1037654
Post your bike please, I want to have a laugh.

pic related, what I image that you are riding.
>>
>>1037657
Bro, I don't know about you, but I ride at Neuromuscular Power for up to 7 hours straight, and I do that at least once if not twice a day, every single day, year round. You are nothing to me but just another fred.
>>
File: my bike.jpg (979KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
my bike.jpg
979KB, 1050x1400px
>>1037659
Okay now post yours, faggot
>>
>>1037659
>Being such an invalid that you can't imagine someone being able to climb on a bike weighing more than 14kg without the help of a motor
>>
>>1037661
This is hardly any suspension to begin with, why are you shitposting. I bet you haven't even tried to go rigid.
>>
File: Reddit.jpg (135KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.jpg
135KB, 540x960px
>>1037661
Okay, here's mine
>>
Text me fools! Roast me! 7245847149
>>
>>1037664
>not recognizing that pic
>getting trolled this hard
>getting trolled this easily
>being this new to /n/
>>
>>1037675
called ;)
>>
File: 1474578632072.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1474578632072.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>1035473
>tfw you will never be this good at memeing
>>
>>1037645
>MTBers having fun? UNFATHOMABLE

in recent years mtbers have become more self obsessed than roadies with, good to see brits with some banter and mud
>>
>>1037760
>mtbers have become more self obsessed than roadies
Impossible. Off road riding is all about having fun, road riding is for try hard elitists.
>>
>>1035485

NO YOU DON'T
>>
>>1037766
>Off road riding is all about having fun, road riding is for try hard elitists.
Try mentioning that you still have a triple on your MTB; /n/'s reaction will disabuse you of that notion.
>>
>>1037793
>try mentioning that you still have a triple on your MTB
my old giant still runs a triple come at me bro
>>
>>1037793
That's because it really shouldn't be needed by most people. A double on the other hand is acceptable if it's a period build, you're too poor for 1x10, or you like to go really fast down big smooth hills and climb back up them.

By all means ride whatever you want if you find it fun, I'd still ride with you even if you rock a triple or double. I'll ride with you even if you absolutely suck and I'll even take time to teach you shit (like wise I'll ride with people better than me and learn from them) and a lot of other MTBers will be the same (discount immature kids and some who compete). You won't find that very often with roadies, they don't like slowing down for lesser riders and they get butthurt by anyone better than them.
>>
File: 66169126176.jpg (264KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
66169126176.jpg
264KB, 960x720px
>>1037793
>>1037804
>>1037766
>Off road riding is all about having fun, road riding is for try hard elitists.

not anymore, FR riding is basically dead in mtb, now its all about spd's and carbon enduro bikes, newest kashimas, newwest wheel size...and enduro racing for amateurs. sadly it has become overprofesionalized in recent years no chill hey-bro-lets-session-these-few-gap riding but more gotta-go-fast-for-strava-riding.

also roadies tend not to slow down because the nature of riding on the road is a lot more different than on singletrack - more wind resistence and more structured effort, not saying they arent a bunch of queens.
>>
>>1037842
Do you live in angry ass Germany or something?

When I ride trails the dudes at the trailhead are laughing and having a good time.

When I ride the DH park the dudes are laughing and having a good time.

When drive past the cafe I see a bunch of grumpy looking roadie guys looking angrily at their Garmins. Sipping their Latte's after the grueling 15km road trek to the cafe.
>>
>>1037804
>A double on the other hand is acceptable if it's a period build
Christ.

Kiddo, 5 years ago isn't old enough to call your bike a "period build".

Shimano's 10-speed MTB cassettes and 2x cranks didn't come out until the 2011 model year. Other manufacturers moved to 10-speed and doubles in the same timeframe. Prior to 2010, people ran a triple - period, with very few exceptions (8-speed since '92-94ish, switching over to 9-speed around 1999). Sure, some folks ran them as doubles with a bashguard in place of the outer chainring, but since 9-speed cassettes topped out at 34 teeth, it really restricted gearing options...

(Yes, I know there were some 3rd-party larger cogs and Shimano made a single low-end 12-36 9-speed cassette. All came really late in the 9-speed era and never were in mainstream use)

It's incredible how quickly 2x10 went from being the new hotness to "<sneer> uh, acceptable if it's a period build, *I guess* </sneer>".

>or you like to go really fast down big smooth hills and climb back up them.
Gotta earn your turns. If you wish to ride down the mountain you must also ride up it.
>>
>>1037853
>Kiddo, 5 years ago isn't old enough to call your bike a "period build".
I was thinking more like 10+ years. Just because Shimano was selling something doesn't mean that's what was popular, shit I'm pretty sure they still sell triples today. There were plenty of people running 1x before 2010 never mind a double, to say they all ran triples is just wrong. 22:34 is more than low enough, even 24:32 is lower than what I'm running now with 1x10 and I even ran a 1:1 low gear for ages with no problem (I could mash up most stuff, these days I do prefer a higher cadence when climbing).

> If you wish to ride down the mountain you must also ride up it.
I do that with 1x10. For me to require 2x I'd need a higher top gear (lowest is low enough) and that would rarely be used off road as pedalling at high speed on rough ground isn't a great idea. I'd need to be riding down long hills that are smooth enough that I could tackle them on a road bike fairly easily.
>>
>>1037857
>There were plenty of people running 1x before 2010 never mind a double

yes but only on DH bikes and some AM/enduro bikes, switch to 1x on XC bikes happened only recently. I prefer 2x no matter the ratio but for the simplicity of changing one sprocket insted of 2 or 3 gears

>22:34

22 cog is just wall climbing gear, absolutly useless IMHO, 24 is much better option.
>>
>>1037760

>implying the tryhard spandex wearing lockout using stravatards aren't moving on to fatbikes

Meanwhile, I'll be sure to ride the trails in the mud/rain (because let's face it groomed trails are boring as fuck) to piss them all off when they return with their mooncycles in the dry.
>>
>>1037626
>watching a vid of Danny riding with Guy Martin
>all comments are about Danny being autismo
>feels bad

Top lad fuck them all.
>>
>This thread
>No Phil Atwill

I'm disappoint

https://vimeo.com/149614122
>>
>>1037842
I don't doubt that the current state of mtbing is getting more tryhard, but some of your complaints are sounding more like "I'm too poor to afford cool shit".

Caring about pedal efficency and aero is tryhard. But lycra bibshorts make pedaling long distances slightly comfier.

Enduro is stupid. It's an x-treme XC race, but only the super-radical downhill sections are timed. What's the point? Why not time the whole damn thing?
>>
>>1037956

>Why not time the whole damn thing?

That's what XC is.
>>
>>1037921
Is this sped up?
>>
File: Fanny pack.png (878KB, 698x834px) Image search: [Google]
Fanny pack.png
878KB, 698x834px
>That seat height
Makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.
>>
>>1037921
>https://vimeo.com/149614122

Atwill is a real nigga, hardtail riding suits him very good, that guy reminds me of early Sam Hill or todays Peter Sagan in road riding - you can really see when someone rides with heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMFCi0xzfPI

>>1037956
>are sounding more like "I'm too poor to afford cool shit".

why does every argument have to go there? kashimas are literally gold tier, but people these days act like they cant ride without the newest equipment.
however with spds and carbon I have problem because they made freeriding (by which I dont necessery mean big gaps and crazy studd but primarily chill riding, sessioning parts of the trail etc.) more "sterile". You are simply aware that you cant bail as good with spds and that carbon is not for trashing but a racing materials.

I dont know why you dont like enduro? I think its a great step forward since the focus is on technique and singletrack, unlike XC where fintess is a huge component and DH where more focus in on doubletrack and highspeed control.
You are right about lycra, any cyclist can profit for it, if not only for comfort, you gain huge with aerodinamics but posers have to pose, what can I say, but be aware that branches in singletrack can easily rip that bib, and sitting on rocks and logs with them is also not a good idea.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.