[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't wear a helmet, you deserve what you get.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: helmet2.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
helmet2.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
If you don't wear a helmet, you deserve what you get.
>>
You don't deserve to get hit by a car (unless you fly through red lights) but literally no reason not to wear it.
>>
>>1035115
But if you do get hit by a car, and you're not wearing a helmet, then you deserve the brain damage.
>>
>>1035118
Yeahhh I guess
>>
Should you wear a helmet during train and bus travels?
Especially if they don't offer seatbelts it seems like a safe bet.
>>
>>1035122
All the anti-helmet people, in an attempt to not sound like just petulant 12-year-olds, all talk about how:
>if you get hit by a car a helmet won't do SHIT to protect you
..but that's not the typical scenario anyway. All you have to do is not see a crack in the pavement, your front tire slips into it, you get thrown off the bike onto the pavement, hit your head, and surprise! You've got a concussion, maybe a subdural hematoma -- which can KILL you. Riding a bike is not 100% safe, no one has ever claimed it is, and you can have Cat-1 Pro-level bike handling skills and ride 100,000 miles a year in all kinds of weather and still have something happen that throws you off the bike in such a way that you hit your head.

Is a bike helmet perfect protection for your skull and brain? No, it's not, and nobody says that it is. NOTHING is 'perfect protection'. If you expect your head to be protected 100% of the time, then you should stay indoors, and make sure you only move around slowly and as little as possible, just in case you slip and fall. Does that sound like living, or just existing? Living involves risk. Wearing a helmet when you ride mitigates the risk to your head. Other parts of your body can be repaired and will heal. You get ONE brain, and if you fuck it up then you're either dead, or as good as dead.

I'm not even talking theoretically, here. I crashed at race speeds near the finish of a road race a few years ago, because some jackass on my right decided to jump his line over on top of me. I was pretty banged up from it, had a cantaloupe-sized hematoma on my left hip, bent the handlebars.. and got huge dent in the left side of my helmet. If I hadn't been wearing one, I would have ended my day in an ambulance with head trauma (or dead), not driving myself home after the race dealing with swelling on my hip. You can't tell me that helmets do nothing to protect your head, and I'll advocate for the use of them every time.

Wear your helmets, guys.
>>
>>1035124
Basic statistics. Look up rate of bike injuries vs train/bus injuries.
>>
>>1035124
Sarcasm noted and ignored.
>>
>>1035126
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1342379/?page=1
Sounds safer than in a car. But I guess you can't be too protected.

>>1035127
I'm serious.
I've started wearing my helmet even when I'm not riding my bike and was wondering if you could take it off in other modes of transport.
>>
>>1035128
Cars are dangerous as fuck and everyone knows that. Buses and trains are very safe.
>>
>>1035129
Why is a .gov site a bad source?
>>
>>1035130
I guess with trains you have the advantage of a separate traffic system.
City buses travel slowly so even if they have an accident you likely won't get hurt. Overland buses aren't that different from cars.
>>
File: 99cents_LOGO_RGB.jpg (22KB, 569x569px) Image search: [Google]
99cents_LOGO_RGB.jpg
22KB, 569x569px
>>1035128
>I've started wearing my helmet even when I'm not riding my bike and was wondering if you could take it off in other modes of transport.

You really need to get your BAIT somewhere else, this BAIT sucks ass.
>pretending to be this damaged
>>
>>1035124
Trains ride on rails and are therefore at very minimal risk of crash.
Some buses have seatbelts. In buses that don't have seatbelts, yes wearing a helmet would be a good idea, but I instead opt to just not ride them.
>>1035131
>(((.gov)))
>>
>>1035132
>>1035134
Buses are definitely different than cars. They are enormous and driven by someone who drives for a living.
>>
>>1035134
I think the best protection in cash or a train crash is to sit against driving direction. That way you get pressed into your seat instead of getting flung through the car.
Maybe sit in the back as to minimize the damage of an impact.
>>
>>1035136
Train crashes are never ever sudden stops. The only thing that ever happens besides hard braking is derailment and toppling over. Doesn't matter where you sit or what you wear if the train topples over.
>>
>>1035136
That is only if your seat has a headrest that supports your head in a crash. If it doesn't your neck is gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>1035138
My main train crashed into a truck that was stuck in a crossing.
Worst that could happen would be a frontal collision between two trains.
>>
>>1035141
The people in the train probably felt a slight jerk forward but the train would plow right through a truck without a problem. A front train-to-train collision is just too rare to even consider.
>>
>>1035154
Luckily nobody was killed.
>>
>>1035135
In my experience, bus drivers tend to be much worse drivers than car drivers.
>>1035138
A good helmet (and body armor) would help in a rollover.
>>
>>1035125
If you seriously think a fucking magic hat saved your life, you're delusional as fuck, kid. Some of us here are adults and actually know how to ride a bicycle without falling over. Plus wearing a magic hat makes you look like a faggot.
>>
Tons of pussy? Thank's, but not looking like a scared faggot is only half of my secret.
>>
>>1035184
Look, kid. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a pantheon only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
>>1035180
>>1035186
t. old, busted 'pasta from Last Thursday
>nothing to see here
>>
>>1035202
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you fat lazy cager? I’ll have you know I placed top of my age group in the local Cat 1 race, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Goodyear, and I have over 300 confirmed smashed windshields. I am trained in endurance cycling and I’m the top rider in the entire Tour De France pantheon. You are nothing to me but just another cager. I will wipe you the fuck out with speed the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of cyclists across the USA and your license plate number is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that hydroplanes out the pathetic little thing I call your death cage. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can smash your windshield in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my u-lock. Not only am I extensively trained in u-lock combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Cycling Team and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will smash fury all over your death cage and you will die in it. You’re fucking dead, cager.
>>
>>1035103
Chicks mirin my fluttering hair?
>>
>>1035118
>deserve the brain damage
How many razors per day one has to swallow to maintain this level of edginess?
>>
>>1035342
I never have and never will swallow one because I value my life unlike the dumbfucks that don't wear helmets.
>>
File: tl.jpg (160KB, 688x800px) Image search: [Google]
tl.jpg
160KB, 688x800px
>>1035340
Fuck off you fucking downtube
>>
>>1035343
If you valued your life you'd be more considerate with your expressions. Rude and obnoxious people get what they "pay for" sooner or later. Even while often it's undeserved.

Besides, I wear helmet most of the time, but can never agree with hateful attitude such as yours.
>>
>>1035354
>wearing a helmet "most of the time"
>not all the time
fucking downtube
>>
>>1035340
A
LITERAL
FUCKING
DOWNTUBE
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.