[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why you ride, /n/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: ride_bike.jpg (18KB, 242x181px) Image search: [Google]
ride_bike.jpg
18KB, 242x181px
Why you ride, /n/?
>>
To show off my spiffy lycra clothing.
>>
To escape the existential dread. My fuel is self hatred so I don't mind when it hurts.

Just trying to stay in shape and have some fun you know :^)
>>
>>1033708
Road races, TT's crits, circuit races. Gotta go fast. xD
>>
Because when I'm wearing an open jacket it feels like I'm flying and it's my cape
>>
>>1033708
I always liked mountain biking. I used rode around a small figure-8 track at my parents' back yard when I was a kid, but then came the junior high and fear of being labelled as a homo, so I stopped.
By college I had evolved into asocial shut-in plagued by the manual walking syndrome, and couldn't really go out.

Then one day I got drunk and thought about the carefree days of childhood, and remembered my retarded little track at the back yard.
I saved some cash and bought an entry-level hardtail, which allowed me to go outside without anxiety (you move so fast that people have no time to stare at you) and build self-esteem as I got better at it.

In short, it's good for mental health.
>>
>>1033740
>I used rode around a small figure-8 track at my parents' back yard when I was a kid, but then came the junior high and fear of being labelled as a homo, so I stopped.

OOOHH SAAYY CAN'T YOU SEEEEE!
>>
I'm wheeels, ya im moving wheeels
>>
>>1033740
You must've grown up in a shitty place. I raced XC mountain bikes from middle school on with my school team.
>>
>>1033733
Its funny as fuck when I do that and the zip from my jacket smashes into cars
>>
>>1033708
Its one of the only thing that actually makes me feel happy, the other being wood/metal working.
>>
I ride to get away from my feels
>>
File: 8b3bc2a7bbf6405a8fd5bbfac5356ca0.jpg (340KB, 1536x857px) Image search: [Google]
8b3bc2a7bbf6405a8fd5bbfac5356ca0.jpg
340KB, 1536x857px
>>1033708
driving gives me panic attacks
>>
>>1033869
Yes, especially side mirrors
>>
>>1033708
I started out because it was the only way i had to get around. Kept doing it cuz i couldnt afford a car, insurance, etc.

Now I do it because it's fun. I'm not held back by anything, speed limits, traffic, i'm out in the air and can go wherever i want, pushing myself along.
>>
>>1033708

To save the environment by removing one cage from our roads at a time!
>>
>>>
>>
for fun if berms and rollers didnt exist i wouldnt ride. I could live without 3 foot drops on my trail doe.
>>
>>1034665
This. Still can't do anything behind the wheel of a car. On a bike, I am free and not afraid of very much. I have lost a lot of weight and I save lots of money.
>>
Because I like riding
>>
Fun things are fun.
>>
It's so cheap that I can afford any bikes and parts and service I want before I approach a fraction of the cost of a car.
There are no effective bus routes in my area.
It's very healthy and /fit/ is good and hot.
It's extremely eco.
The exercise releases endorphins which suppress depression
I hate cars.
>>
It's another way to move yourself through space. Same reason why I like swimming, and climbing. If humans could fly but you had to learn how to, wouldn't you?
>>
What do you guys without cars do if you want to go somewhere far?
>>
>>1039145
Bus
Train
Airplane
>>
File: OC 5.jpg (156KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
OC 5.jpg
156KB, 889x500px
>>1039146
ride really far?
>>
>>1039149
Not really I'm a scrub. Most rides under 40 km round trip.
Tf is that on your handlebars?
>>
>>1039145
Borrow the car from my dirty cager gf :^)
>>
So I can go outside without looking like an antisocial retard.
Now I just look like a homo
>>
>>1033708
Cus its fun
>>
>>1033708
I like to explore. Bikes are freedom. You can stop anywhere and ride anywhere. Its a thrilling feeling riding down your driveway and not knowing if your going to turn right or left till you get there. I found found a lotus eclair road bike at goodwill when I was 18 and since then its been a delivery bike, a race bike, a fixed gear, a cross country touring bike, and now its my daily commuter. Its weird having such an emotional attachment to an object, best $35 I've ever spent.
>>
>>1039145

Pretty sure a lot of us have some sort of motor vehicle. I've got 25 year old hatchback that only has something like 30k miles on it.

>>1039339

2nd exploration. It's a lot harder to just pull into wherever in a car or on a motorcycle.
>>
>>1033708

Funsies
>>
Multiple DUIs and attempted vehicular manslaughter.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.