/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly do people get so heated over the helmet debate? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5

File: 50-states-ride-surly-lht.jpg (430KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
50-states-ride-surly-lht.jpg
430KB, 720x960px
Why exactly do people get so heated over the helmet debate? I seriously can't think of many topics that are more contentious.

t.non helmet wearer that doesn't give a fuck what others do
>>
people are cunts
>>
>>1033336
It's an issue where both sides see very high societal costs. One where the intuitive choice is horribly wrong. It leads to uninformed people having a very strong "common sense" opinion with lots of ethos and getting very angry at more informed people, believing them them to be evil people who want people dead and injured.
Getting such folk to see reason, against their will, is an exercise in frustration and eventually there is name calling from both sides.
>>
Fuck everyone and do what the fuck you want.
>>
>>1033336
It's all just stupid garden-variety trolling. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they don't even own a bike, let alone ride one. Think about it: When you were a kid, did you know anyone who put up such a fuss about bike helmets? Rhetorical question, really, because anyone responding to that question or any other question on 4chan (or the internet in general) can say anything they want, and you can't prove true or false regardless.

My advice to you, OP, and anyone else? Just ignore 'bike helmet' threads entirely. Same should go for any troll threads or comments on any subject.
>>
Because i live in australia and pay sickening amounts of taxes to cover the health insurance of you ratbag degenerates
>>
>>1033424
>yfw the top 10% pays for over 50% of the total share of taxes
>>
>>1033425
They top 10% should pay 90% of taxes
>>
>>1033445
>how to make sure everyone who is of any worth leaves the country
>>
File: photo_2016-12-07_07-40-06.jpg (69KB, 670x710px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-12-07_07-40-06.jpg
69KB, 670x710px
14 years ago I had a hard fall. Riding fast, pedaling strong while standing, chain went off the spikey thing (I don't know names of pieces cause english isn't my first language), pedal went loose, my leg went under the frame and I did a barrel roll.

Flew a couple meters horizontaly and hit the ground on my back, I was like a skipping stone, except the stone was the back of my head and the pavement was the lake. Hard irregular paving stone. After hitting my head 3 times I finally stopped and the bike came towards me, almost hitting me in the face.

Blacked out.

From what my father told me (I was 14) some dude that knew I was his son saw me falling and carried me home. When I woke up I noticed this huge swelling on my skull, some days later the hair started falling off in the swollen area and it took months to grow back. The swollen did not go away, it's still there, 14 years later.

I honestly think I might have had some minor brain damage.

Still don't wear a helmet tho cause that's gay af
>>
>>1033450
Isn't this just admitting the upper class is scum that has you by the balls?
>>
File: BC.jpg (49KB, 504x497px) Image search: [Google]
BC.jpg
49KB, 504x497px
>>1033406
>My advice to you, OP, and anyone else? Just ignore 'bike helmet' threads entirely. Same should go for any troll threads or comments on any subject.
really practicing what you preach there buddy

Yes, adults did put up a fuss in the 90s.You probably post assuming everyone is American because that's most common, fine, we can default to that, so also bear in mind 18-25 is the most common age group on here and your oldschool reminicising isn't relatable. Kids are the ones who should definitely be wearing helmets because they're far less likely to have muscle memory (or memory of anything, it merely comes down to accumulated experience) of how to fall correctly. There's some reasoning for you, not hearsay, but i guess you've given your bullshit 'boo hoo its the internet' excuse for spurting nonsense, so you're covered.

>>1033455
The moral of the story is don't sprint on a shitty bike.

http://sheldonbrown.com/mystery-crash.html
>>
>>1033459
Worst part is I still ride that same old shitty bike.
>>
File: IMGA0042 (Custom).jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMGA0042 (Custom).jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
>>1033470
atleast now you know that it wants to kill you

keep your enemies close and all that
>>
>>1033457
No. If you tax someone so high that they are willing to leave their home and move to another country, most likely finding a new job in the process, it only proves that you're taxing them way too much.

The lefties refuse to understand this and try to keep increasing taxes so that they can get their utopia where people get everything for free and don't have to work. What they don't realize is that nowadays people can move easily between countries and that if they tax too much the ones that you'd want to keep end up leaving.
>>
>>1033455
>I honestly think I might have had some minor brain damage.
>minor
>>
>>1033455
wew, i hope this is satire. I honestly cant tell what is and what isnt satire anymore in this world.
>>
I only wear a helmet when i go downhilling, and its a full face motocross helmet.
>>
1. there is no debate
2. you're a retard
3. you're a retard
>>
>>1033547
Except that doesn't actually happen, does it. At worst the rich take measures to shift their money overseas/dodge the taxes. They continue to live in their safe+happy+comfy, highly taxed country.
>>
>>1033735
It does happen. I personally know quite a few people who have left their safe, happy, comfy, highly taxed country for safe, happy, comfy, better paying and lower taxed countries. All of them highly skilled professionals who don't have any problems finding a job. All of them have left partly because of high taxes. I personally am thinking about doing the same thing right now.
>>
>>1033336

Helmets are like condoms:
I don't like them, so I don't wear them.
Not letting some whores tell me what to do.

/thread
>>
>>1033735
>what is France
>what american media doing to you so you live in bubble and don't know anything outside USA.
>>
>>1033336
5th and Indiana NW, at Judiciary Square
>>
i'm in the camp that would prefer everyone wore a helmet, but i'm not psychotic about it the way i see some people (offline, but also probably online) are. if you're a stranger, i just don't have any real motivation to engage with you offline unless you're doing something that might cause me trouble (like biking while texting).

that being said, there are the obvious reasons that the community will tell you to wear a helmet:
- a lot of people (often wrongly) think that it is the law to wear a helmet. maybe in some places it is for children, and you just don't think to question whether a law still applies when you turn 18.
- people not wearing helmets seem to be more reckless. maybe it's just that they're more noticeable, but they stand out to me and others that bike (and cagers). it develops its own bad reputation.
- this is the big one: people without helmets tend to die when they get hit by a car. even at pretty low speeds. i'm not saying a helmet is some magical protective force, but it prevents head trauma really well.

every time a bicyclist gets killed or otherwise seriously hurt, the public says "damn those drivers!" and then (contradictorily) demands more restrictions on bicyclists. the point here being that every time a non-helmet person has an accident (which seems more likely given their cavalier attitude mentioned above), there's a much greater chance that it'll make headlines because the injury will be that much more severe.

so yeah i'd prefer it if you would wear a helmet. but you getting a concussion or worse is arguably way worse than whatever slightly obnoxious imposition i have to deal with at that intersection where you quickly went in for a closer look at the concrete, so do whatever you want.
>>
>>1033388
I'ma go with "xenophobia".
Not disagreeing so much as simplifying.
>>
>>1033336
I instinctively want the helmets to fuck off

But they make me like 10% faster on deliveries.

Helmets are a good place to put stickers, and you prolly have to wear one for your job anyway. Get something cheap, but lightweight enough it wont interfere with you.

Itll help with cold days too
>>
propagandized people tend to get very emotional
>>
>>1033735
mate this has literally happened all across the world

Australia's tax system is as harsh as it should get if you want to keep your job in the future
>>
>>1033735
Holy fuck i didnt know /n/ was this much of a hive of butthurt povos. Im all for progressive taxation but muh 10 percent should pay 90 percent is retarded dude
>>
>>1033388

Sorry, is it a meme now that helmets "don't work" or something?

If so can I have some fucking evidence please?
>>
>>1033336
Because retards don't realise there's a difference between going to the shops on an upright Dutch bike and a road race.
>>
The debates are mostly useless but its fun to screw with people.

I will continue to wear my helmet and you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>1034053
>meme
There is considerable debate on that subject. Most helmet research suffers from a now well known flaw; helmet users are a distinct group of cyclists that can't be directly compared to the non-helmet group of cyclists. Doing so shows a great helmet effectiveness - even against non-head trauma such as broken legs and arms.This is of course improbable.
Statistically correcting for helmet users tendency to suffer more lenient injuries over-all gives number that indicate that they are completely useless or even harmful. This is also improbable, with the exception for an exacerbation of rotary neck injuries found in some studies that at least seem plausible.
The overall is that we just don't know how effective they are in the real world. We have a good idea that they at least lessen some low to moderate force-injuries under lab conditions, but these lab conditions do not seem to occur in the real world with a high enough frequency that they show a clear benefit. Which leads us to:

Bicycling is a very safe activity. Particularly from a head injury perspective. Per unit of distance travelled it is on par with walking, and per trip it's on par with driving. You're free to wear a helmet during either of those activities, but most people chose not do.
Shaming people to wear helmets, while cycling, falsely paints the activity as more dangerous than it really is, which has negative effects on cycling numbers and health that far, far outweigh any benefit that even total helmet use could stand to give.

So yes. Helmets probably work. For a very small subset of already very rare injuries. There is a very high cost to pay for very a marginal safety gain.
>>
Wearing a helmet makes me feel like a twat. Seeing other cyclists wearing helmets encourages me that it's a social norm and nobody will care. Seeing cyclists *without* helmets makes me think I stand out and everybody is laughing at the pillock behind his back.
>>
>Why exactly do people get so heated over the helmet debate?

The biggest factor is mandatory helmet laws. like in australia.
>>
Can anyone provide UCI statistics of crashed and injuries pre and post introduction of compulsory helmet rules?

Helmets are mandatory here but it really depends on the locale whether the police enforce the law or people feel obliged to follow the rules.
When I lived in the inner city, it seemed only junkies and dole bludgers wouldn't wear them. No I live in almost semi-rural outer suburb and a lot of teenagers and young adults riding in footpaths and shared footpaths don't wear them.

My experiences:
- over 10-15 years ago I rode BMX as a teen and young adult, for fun and basic transport. Got fined by police while bunny hopping a kerb into a car park, a week earlier there was a lot of news coverage of a child that died after colliding with a truck after he rode his Christmas present on the street.
Have always worn a helmet since because I am not rich or care about what people think

In the last 4 years I have had three crashes while commuting.
- pretty new bike with cheap components, popped a tyre while riding on bike-lane (shoulder) of a main road. Tried to roll up onto a driveway at about 20kmph to get off the road then tyre gave out completely so bike stopped while my body kept moving. Hurt my torso, hands and arm while I am pretty sure my helmet contact he'd with asphalt I am quite certain the impact wouldn't have even scratched my head.
- going 40-50kmph down a hill on bike path, just misjudged my braking and rolled of the side into a gravel ditch where the bike stopped and I flew off onto rough ground and grass. Really hurt my ribs and grazed my arm, had braced for the impact so I am very certain my head was tucked and had no major impact.

>Wall of text is too long .... to be continued
>>
>>1034377 continued

- A few months ago I rolled from the road into a kerb to get onto a shared foot path. It was a bit wet and cold and my front wheel slid sideways on a plastic textured path cover (don't know what they are called but they are on footpaths here in front of crossings for blind people with canes). It happened so quickly I barely had time to brace and I know my head impacted with asphalt hard, along with my shoulder and ribs. I doubt it would have caused major injury though, would have just got a lump or maybe a graze.

Conclusion of experiences:
Out of my three commuting crashes, the only one that the helmet did anything was the lowest speed crash and I think it had a lot to do with the surprise element.
In all crashes, my gloves really protected my hands.

Without mandatory helmet laws, I think I would always wear a helmet if riding on roads alongside cars but if I was riding solely on shared footpaths I might leave the helmet at home but I would probably ride more carefully.

I don't really care what others do as long as they are prepared to take responsibility for their actions and respect the people around them by giving them appropriate space and courtesies.

[spoiler] You should always wear gloves
>>
>>1034380
>You should always wear gloves

This. Fuck. So much. If you don't wear gloves, chances are you're going to be picking pieces of gravel/road jizz from inside your hands for many years to come.
>>
Even if they fucking suck and only really matter in 1% of falls, I always wear one myself

My uncle had a fall once and landed badly on his head, and the doctor told him that if he wasn't wearing a helmet he probably would have ended up in the produce aisle for the rest of his life. That really shocked me into wearing one.
>>
>>1033336

See, the thing is, unlike most cyclists you aren't autistic.
>>
>>1034380
>>1034395
>You should always wear gloves

Damn right. I fucked up my hands a few times during a crash because of not taking gloves for a ride.

>>1033336

If you live in a country with public health care, then don't be a selfish cunt and wear a helmet. If not - do whatever you want.
>>
I didn't wear a helmet for 15 years or so, but then I started cycling a little bit more seriously and the speed increased too, so I started feeling that now a helmet would feel useful at least.

But if deciding wether or not to wear a helmet is a major factor in the decition to ride or not to ride, then you should do whatever you feel is the most comfortable.

Mandatory helmet laws are bullshit, because if you move at a walking pace, helmet is a huge pain in the ass to carry everywhere. Like you have to have 1 half of you backpack empty so that you can carry around a helmet witch you don't want to use.

Not wearing a helmet because they look dorky is reserved for highschoolers in my opinion, but if you feel like you enjoy bicycling more without a helmet, I see nothing wrong with that. After all, I used to think like that for 15 years.

However a few close calls and the realization that I can't do fucking anything in case of a random accident because I don't have super powers scared me to wearing a helmet most of the time.
>>
>>1034513
>However a few close calls and the realization that I can't do fucking anything in case of a random accident because I don't have super powers scared me to wearing a helmet most of the time.
The fallacy is that you believe the helmet to have super powers or that your close calls are more common cycling than walking. The random drunk driver is as likely to mow you down on the sidewalk or in the parking lot as your close calls as a cyclist. Unless you happen to live in one of those shitholes were rednecks like making close passes for shits and giggles, but cycling helmets are not made do withstand that type of impact anyway. You want a motorcycle helmet if you're scared of getting hit by cars.

There's a reason motorcyclists don't wear cycling helmets.
>>
>>1034532
Why don't cyclists wear motorcycle helmets?
I wore one on a scooter that went 50 kph max and I'm not that much slower on a bicycle.
>>
>>1033336
Look, kid. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
>>1034532
If a drunk driver tailgates me and I flop against their windscreen with my head whipping the windscreen with all of the momentum of my body, are you saying that a helmet doesn't have any effect in that case?

How about if I fall down in high speed and the same thing happens, my head is the last thing that touches the ground with my body basically whipping it to the ground. Do you think that I can have the control in that situation to avoid my head hitting the ground or again, are you saying that a layer between my head and the asphalt is totally just for nothing there and the same effect could be achieved with a beanie?

Do you think that the scenario I described is impossible and cannot happen or did I explain it in a retarded way so you dont understand it?

Have you ever seen a situation where someone falls down and they flop on the gound starting with their lower body and eventually have their head whip the ground with the force of a thousand bodyweights? do you think that a helmet desingned for impact resistance is totally 100% useless in that scenario and further more, makes me look like a dork and a pussy and might actually injure me more severely?

I live in a country where the ground is covered by ice 50% of the time and in a country where people drive cars. What if I do a simple summersault over a hood of a car because some jackass just drives at full speed towards a red light from behind a building and stops in the middle of the lane that I'm riding at 30kph and land on the ground head first? does a helmet prove to be completely useless in that situation aswell?

My question is basically, is it impossible to hit your head on the ground in a cycling related accident or is it possible to avoid your head from hitting the ground or windcreen while your vision is just a blurr and you don't know what the hell is happening?
>>
>>1033336
Because when you have a crash and sustain completely avoidable head injuries, you clog up hospital beds and MRI hours in an already overcrowded and underfunded hospital system.

But of course, the consequences are only yours in your minds. We wouldn't want to look silly or uncool by wearing a helmet now would we?
>>
>>1034748
Helmets are also expensive.
>>
>>1034744
>If a drunk driver tailgates me and I flop against their windscreen with my head whipping the windscreen with all of the momentum of my body, are you saying that a helmet doesn't have any effect in that case?
No, I'm saying that it's provably such a rare case that it does not warrant a helmet. It also applies equally to pedestrians and drivers. When that drunk driver T-bones you and you hit your head on the mid post, a helmet could have saved your life.
There are many, many more cases of automotive head injury than bike injury, so if you want to reduce head injuries, wear a helmet while driving. Make everyone do it, and you'll save more money than by getting all cyclist to wear it.
>Have you ever seen a situation where someone falls down and they flop on the gound starting with their lower body and eventually have their head whip the ground with the force of a thousand bodyweights?
Yes. All of them non-cycling related though. But it's a good reason to wear a walking helmet.

>My question is basically
Irrelevant.

The argument is not just about helmet effectiveness, but their relevance to cycling. There are many instances where a helmet would have prevented injury. When the head injury frequency is on par with driving/being driver if counted per trip, and on par with walking when counted per mile travelled, why aren't you simply wearing a helmet - always?
>>
>>1034748
When you don't have a crash because you never cycled in the first place you clog of the roads with your driving, the diabeetus clinic with your first world welfare diseases, the roads with your fish tank, the heart- and lung wards with the smog victims, the middle east with your oil politics, clog up the economy by spending megabucks on never-ending MOAR LANES and kill the cities with your suburban sprawl.

Perspective, yo.

(Yes, it is a proven fact that helmet campaigning kills cycling. Mostly because it makes people feel unsafe, not because muh hair.)
>>
>>1034752
They range from $5 to $300 here, I wouldn't call $20-50 expensive.
>>
>>1034761

and it is also a fact that more people cycling increases safety for cyclists overall, from driver acclimation, infrastructure changes, etc

no helmet campaign -> more cyclists ->safer
>>
>>1034767
How reliable is a $20 helmet?
And you have to buy a new one every few years.
>>
>>1034760
Sounds like you have achieved enlightenment after watching that ted talk where the dude talks about this. I remember that one.

I really don't have anything more to say to this, you seem to know your science and statistics on this stuff to a degree that it is useless for me to try and convince you otherwise. But it seemst that you are basically convinced that wearing a helmet while riding a bike is as useless as wearing a helmet while walking or driving a car. Is this correct?

>why aren't you simply wearing a helmet - always?
Thats a good point, but it has something to do with my common sense, I'm not entirely sure what though. It just seems to me that for some reason that I'm more likely to get a serious head injury while riding a bicycle than by walking or driving a car.

I know these statistics of yours say that I'm full of shit, but I can't help but to base all of this in my anecdotal information as well. Did it mention in the statistics that how many precent of the head injuries recived in a car were directly a cause of someone not wearing a seat belt? How about the head injuries caused by walking being an indirect cause of old age or disease like arthritis?

What about you then? What is your personal reason to why you don't wear a helmet?

Do you wear a walking helmet? and also how old are you?
>>
>>1034791
What kind of helmet is best for walking? Speeds and impacts aren't the same as with wheels.
Maybe just get a surplus military helmet and get some extra protection from shrapnel and stray bullets.
>>
>>1034796
>Speeds and impacts aren't the same as with wheels.
But oddly enough the typical bicycle helmet approval test is modelled for an impact that approximates a fall of five feet of a weight of a head, with no forward momentum. A "bicycle helmet" is a perfect pedestrian- and motoring helmet.
>>
>>1034771
helmets are regulated, a 20$ helmet is just as safe as a $200 one, the 200 one is just better vented and lighter. (assuming we dont count MIPS)
>>
>>1034791
>It just seems to me that for some reason that I'm more likely to get a serious head injury while riding a bicycle than by walking or driving a car.
That is intuition at work. We are (as humans) very poor at weighing these kinds of risks, intuitively. And you say you know it, and still base your decision on anecdotes and reasoning that you know to be false.
How come?

>But it seemst that you are basically convinced that wearing a helmet while riding a bike is as useless as wearing a helmet while walking or driving a car. Is this correct?
I am thoroughly convinced that harping on about helmets is making cycling less common and putting cyclists and other road users more at risk of injury. Helmets are completely beside the point and there are far greater gains to be made from all sorts of perspectives by an increase in cycling - even unhelmeted cycling. Helmet campaigns obstruct such an increase and makes us all poorer, unhealthier and paradoxically more at risk of physical injury while locomoting.
Yes, I am convinced that the statement you just made is mostly true.

Did that clarify my position any?
>What is your personal reason to why you don't wear a helmet?
Why is that relevant and why do I need one? I don't have a reason. The default is no helmet. I always wear a helmet when mountainbiking. I always wear gloves when cycling. I never use a helmet when I have no specific reason to expect falling over, or having things fall on my head. I always use studded tyres when there's a risk of black ice, and I consider that a far more important safety decision than wearing a helmet - or not.
>>
>>1034801
>helmets are regulated
Regulation puts down a base line. Helmets are not allowed to be worse than said line. There is nothing regulatoricly preventing helmets to be much, much better than said base line.
>>
>>1034802
>that you know to be false.
Yeah well, I know that some anonymous person on a macedonian basket weaving forum is insisting that I'm wrong somehow.

Are you like against people wearing helmets while cycling or what gives?

I understand that you are butthurt about people preaching mandatory helmet use, because it has the effect that you described.
>>
>>1034806
>I understand that you are butthurt about people preaching mandatory helmet use, because it has the effect that you described.
Even non-mandatory helmet use has that effect, senpai. For the very same reasons.
>>
>>1034811
Is it act f using the helmet itself or the harping about helmet use that causes it?
>>
File: ff.png (477KB, 464x500px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
477KB, 464x500px
>>1034801
>all helmets are equally safe
>>
>>1034803
Helmets are pretty much equally safe EXCEPT for:
>better fit to your head = more protection
>larger area of coverage (i.e. mtb helmtes) = more protection
>MIPS = more protection
>>
>>1034852
>comparing apples to oranges
>>
>>1034802
Helmets are mandatory where I live and have been for decades and there's more and more people out cycling every year
>>
>>1034938
Exactly
>>1034865
Nope, comparing openface helmets to fullface helmets
>>
>>1033745
Look, kid. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
>>1034955
Is this the new pasta for /n/ friends?

Also, I'm going to have to agree with most people here: compulsory helmet laws are bullshit. Helmets shouldn't be mandatory for riding around the city, by it is a whole different story if you're riding MTB, downhill or on the road at high speeds.
>>
>>1034962
Helmets should NEVER be mandatory even road and dh
Helmets should ALWAYS be used even going down the block
>>
>>1033336
watch this video and come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qus2wiRUVBw

if you want your head exploding all over the ground like a watermelon go for it.
>>
>>1034966
keep wearing magic hat and looking like a faggot you supertard
>>
>>1034210
>falsely paints the activity as more dangerous than it really is,

All those ghost bicycles don't help either.
>>
>>1034955
>I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.

Death is OK. It's the ones that survive as potatoes and require public assistance to change their diapers and feed them that I hate.
>>
>>1034210
>There is considerable debate on that subject.
Proceeds to post a wall of text without listing a single credible source.
>>
>>1035332
Because no one gives a fuck if you believe him or instead choose to get yourself killed you stupid fuck
>>
>>1035332
>because i need to be spoonfed commonly available knowledge
No. Those genuinely interested can find sources easily enough. Those not genuinely interested will not read the provided sources, or make up a reason to dismiss it and demanding ever more proof without offering proper rebuttal. Yet a third category will not be persuaded by fact no matter what.

You now know the actual knowledge is out there, what it looks like and what the reasoning behind the opposing viewpoint is. That is all you are afforded at this point. Make an effort and prove that you're worth it in return.

Google works for all of us.
>>
>>1035355
>using the search engine jew
>2016
>not using https://startpage.com/
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>1033581
What's wrong?

>>1033678
Why would it be satire?
>>
>>1033455
>Riding fast, pedaling strong while standing, chain went off the spikey thing (I don't know names of pieces cause english isn't my first language), pedal went loose,
Same thing happened to me but I got up unharmed and walked away
Guess why!
It's cause I was wearing a fucking helmet!

I hope you get a darwin award you fucking faggot
>>
>>1035466
Look, you fucking downtube. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
>>1035525
>wearing a helmet

Why do you hate fun and testing the limits of the human body?

I will only be satisfied when I can touch my own brain.
>>
>>1035547
Look, you fucking downtube. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
>>1033984
>Im all for progressive taxation but muh 10 percent should pay 90 percent is retarded dude

Yes! Those who can afford to pay more should pay more, but it should be a reasonable amount.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.