[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If i ever see you using this signal to indicate a right hand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: DSCN4323.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4323.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
If i ever see you using this signal to indicate a right hand turn, i will fucking murder you. Fair warning.
>>
>>1032283
I'm fine with that, it's only oldfags that do that shit because that's what they were taught by their cager teachers/parents.
That shit is Not taught in Driver's Ed anymore, nor is it even on licensing tests.

Every bicycle advocacy group will instruct people to point with the hand that correlates with the direction in which they want to turn.

Go the fuck right ahead and do it faggot, you'll relieve some stress off of mother Earth and free up a job for whatever millennial that might be reading this thread.
>>
>>1032283
>indicating a right hand turn
hahaha what
>>
File: hmm.gif (2KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
2KB, 300x300px
>>1032283
Was amazed about how they came to define this pants-on-head retarded way of signalling in the first place. Will not use.

And you - plz remember to effing use your yellow disco lights (or make your brake lights disco if in burgerland) when planning to do a turn.
>>
>>1032285
I believe it originates from motorbikes before indicators, you need to keep the right hand on the throttle.
>>
>>1032283
Where and why in the world do they do that? I have never heared of this before.
>>1032287
>And you - plz remember to effing use your yellow disco lights
This. Drivers who think using the turn signals is optional piss me off and they endanger themselves and everyone around them.
>(or make your brake lights disco if in burgerland)
What
>>
>Not installing led indicators on your bike
It's not the 70s anymore, grandpa
>>
>>1032292
I think he's wondering why you'd need to indicate a right turn at all, not how you'd do it.

If we assume that this discussion is concerning countries that drive on the right side of the road then there should be no one to your right that you need to indicate to. I'm British and I don't indicate left turns because I'm either at the edge of the road or taking up the full lane and no one can pass me on my left.
>>
>>1032296
It's the standard right turn signal for everybody but cyclists. Cyclists think that using the standard signal is too confusing and point at side streets like morons.
>>
>>1032312
Because drivers and other cyclists are retards and don't know what hand signals mean.
>>
>>1032283
Pro-tip: If you're going to post BAIT, don't go buy it at the 99-Cent Store, go to the real store for the good bait.
>>
>>1032313
Why cater to retards? They're not going to heed any signal you make.
>>
>>1032283
Bring it on you big bitch
>>
>>1032292

>you need to keep the right hand on the throttle.

I'd say more importantly the front brake

You are more likely to be decelerating coming up to a junction.
>>
>>1032309

>I'm British and I don't indicate left turns because I'm either at the edge of the road or taking up the full lane and no one can pass me on my left.

That could cause problems when a pedestrian believe that you are going straight and steps out in the road

>HUURRR HE SHOULDNT STEP OUT WHEN ANYTHING IS NEARBY

Well I hope you are ready to send him some water and food. They're gonna be there a while.
>>
>>1032309
>I'm British and I don't indicate left turns

Enjoy having a pedestrian step out in front of you because you didn't indicate. Don't even *dare* to complain about it when it does happen.
>>
>>1032292
Originates from left-hand drive vehicles, sticking your arm out the window.
>>
>>1032292
Actually originated with cars, before lights for turn signals existed. Sitting on the left of the car, all signals had to be made by holding the left hand out the window. So you can't just point right to indicate a right hand turn, no one's going to see your right hand pointing inside the car.

It definitely makes sense for motorcycles though, you want to keep the right hand on the bars for both the throttle and front brake.
>>
>>1032381
>It definitely makes sense for motorcycles though, you want to keep the right hand on the bars for both the throttle and front brake.
Only issue is then pulling in the clutch with your left while you are slowing down.
I've never really gotten the hang of slowing down on a motorcycle before signalling my turn. Say I need to come to a complete stop for my left turn because of oncoming traffic (with right hand side driving). I struggle to both slow down and signal at the same time. Am I supposed to shift to neutral while I slow down so I don't have to pull in the clutch?
>>
>>1032334
>>1032335
What are you trying to say here, that you don't look where you're turning? That indicating is a replacement for looking?

Obviously if I see some dipshit about to step out into the road without looking where they are going I'm going to stop or go around them.

>>1032390
There's no need to pull the clutch until you come to a complete stop. Once you've signalled for a couple seconds the person behind you should get the idea and you won't need to keep holding your arm up.
>>
>>1032284

I had to retake my road and license test last year when it expired. It's definitely still on there
>>
>>1032313
every time I signal I'm taking a right in the same manner as OP's pic(the only acceptable way desu) I always get stares from drivers whose eyes glaze over and have no idea what I'm doing

either that or they think I'm waving and some occasionally do wave back
>>
>>1032394
>if I see some dipshit about to step out into the road without looking

They are looking. They see you on the road, and they don't see you indicated, so they assume (quite rightly) that you're not turning into the road they're about to cross.

>I'm going to stop or go around them.

Or, here's a fucking radical idea, you could indicate so that they know what you're doing and don't step out in the first place.
>>
>>1032508
Note that I was talking hypothetically, I've never indicated a left turn (a right for you Americans) and have never had a pedi try and cross the road in front of me (on a left turn). I'm not going to start indicating now on the off chance it may eventually happen.

Perhaps things are different where you are but here there are usually lights at crosswalks, if not people usually wait until the road is completely clear or traffic is stopped as sometimes even the cars don't indicate. Those that do choose to cross whilst cars are still moving or do so where there isn't a dedicated crossing tend to do so quickly to get out of the way.
>>
>>1032515
>you Americans
>Perhaps things are different where you are

I doubt it; I'm British.

>there are usually lights at crosswalks

Crossings (Zebra/Pelican/whatever the new ones are called) are a tiny minority. Especially on side roads.

>if not people usually wait until the road is completely clear or traffic is stopped as sometimes even the cars don't indicate.

Not on a busy road. You have to look and see if anyone is turning into the side road, and then cross if there's nobody there. That's why there's a rule about having to stop if you turn into a road and a pedestrian is crossing.
>>
>>1032420
You need a license to ride a bicycle? I wouldn't doubt it, with all the new laws and regulations our masters bless us with every day.
>>
>>1032520
>Not on a busy road
In that case it's easy to tell if a car is going straight on as it'll be going 30mph+, if it's a car going slowly or a bike then you stop and wait for it to either pass the turn or make the turn even if it isn't indicating.

I've never indicated a left turn and never had to stop for a pedi so I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>1032522

No.

I maintain a car/motorcycle license and it expired, so I had to retake the written and road test. I also need to redo my CDL, which is going to be even more of a pain in the ass.

I don't drive much but it's a good idea to at least get certed since it keeps options available.
>>
>>1032523
>you stop and wait for it to either pass the turn or make the turn even if it isn't indicating.

If you do that on a busy street, you'll be there all fucking day.

>I don't see what the problem is.

You will, eventually. Really close up and personal.
>>
>>1032542
>If you do that on a busy street, you'll be there all fucking day.
I'm not talking about every single car, I'm talking about the ones that are actually going slow enough to make the turn. Most roads are 30mph+ and cars aren't going to be making sharp turns at that speed.

>You will, eventually. Really close up and personal.
Like I said, if a pedi does step out I'l stop because I'm not an idiot that doesn't watch where they're riding.
>>
>>1032594
>I'm not talking about every single car, I'm talking about the ones that are actually going slow enough to make the turn.

We're talking about cyclist. The majority of cyclist are going slow enough to make the turn. The only way you'll know is if they, you know, indicate.

>if a pedi does step out I'l stop

Sure you will.

>I'm not an idiot

All indications so far are negative.
>>
>>1032606
>We're talking about cyclist. The majority of cyclist are going slow enough to make the turn.
Hence why I originally said slow cars _and_ cyclists. It's quite simple, let all cyclists pass (under the assumption that they'll make the turn) before crossing the road. Unless you're in the centre of London or some Dutch city that's not going to be a big inconvenience.

>Sure you will.
Indeed I will. I've had to brake for people and cars before, just never whilst making a left turn.
>>
>>1032607
>let all cyclists pass (under the assumption that they'll make the turn) before crossing the road.

How about you stop being an entitled bitch and stick your arm out instead? How hard is it? Is your shoulder seized? Are you incapable of removing your left hand from the handlebars? There must be a deep and meaningful reason for your inability and unwillingness to just indicate like any normal person would.
>>
>>1032625
>How about you stop being an entitled bitch
I don't cycle everywhere you know, I do walk as well and I do exactly as I say.

>There must be a deep and meaningful reason for your inability and unwillingness to just indicate
I've just never seen the need to, not doing so has never caused an issue so why would I start doing it now? I indicate for right turns because I know that when I slow down to take the turn there's a high chance a car behind could try and overtake me, the worst that is going to happen from not indicating left is I'll have to stop and let someone cross the road.
>>
File: DSC04082.jpg (455KB, 1740x1015px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04082.jpg
455KB, 1740x1015px
iuse bothands.,, pointing like theres a Lion!,, then start my turn leaningracefull., one hand to the Cranks,, other handskimming the road!, its like a WAVE, made of,, SHIT!
, sure its ify,,but,,, you think my Typings Off!, cages GAPE!
,pic> another waterway bottled up,, away from water wasting squirrels
>>
>>1032302
>wasted grams
I'm trying to get places, dad!
>>
>>1032309
Where would a cyclist be if not in the spot you're about to hook if you're not signing your turn?...
>>
>>1032682
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
>>
>>1032682
>>1032724
>tfw bacon makes more sense than you
>>
>>1032676
Are you okay anon?
>>
>>1032908
>BaconRider
>anon
>>
>>1032335
>Enjoy having a pedestrian step out in front of you because you didn't indicate.

On which planet do pedestrians even look to see what traffic is doing around them?
>>
File: Sans titre.jpg (5KB, 244x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.jpg
5KB, 244x300px
why not both.jpg
>>
>>1032967
Why not indicate with your legs?
>>
>>1032296
For some reason, American car manufacturers think it's cool to just use the brake lights as indicators instead of having separate amber lights. It's super helpful when you can only see one side of the rear of the vehicle and see a tail light flash. Are they braking? Are they indicating? Are their hazards on? Who knows!
>>
>>1032957
Earth. Which may or may not be the same planet that /n/ is on, depending on how much Lycra they wear on a regular basis.
>>
>>1032283
Dumb question: how do you faggots signal that you're slowing down or stopping?
>>
>>1033090
use my rear canti break \SCCCRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1032283
>taking your hands off the bar during a ride

Do you pull out and masterbate during sex too?
>>
>>1033101
>he's too retarded to balance himself with one hand, let alone no hands
>he doesn't pull out to get his dick sucked
>>
>>1033105
Please. I shitpost while drinkin espreso while downhill blasting.

But seriously the only thing id put my hand on is a car to get a tow uphill.

Onetime i broke my non crankarm and had to hold onto a pickup to get to the bikeshop. Was fun
>>
>>1032296
>This. Drivers who think using the turn signals is optional piss me off and they endanger themselves and everyone around them.
How does that endanger anyone?

It pisses me off because I have to stop and wait until I can see where the fuck people want to go, which in busy traffic backs up the entire intersection and causes a jam, but it's not exactly dangerous.
>>
>>1032676
Why do you use commas like that?
>>
>>1033162
>How does that endanger anyone?
When I'm driving on the fast lane of a highway and someone pulls in front of me without warning and without even thinking of a safe distance.
When I'm riding in the bike lane and someone turns right before me without giving me any time to react (which is not allowed anyway)
When I'm trying to cross the street on foot where 90% of all cars turn right, but then there is this fuckhead who turns left without using their blinkers. Naturally I assume they're gonna turn right just like everybody else, and I can't see the signal because I'm on the wrong side.
Or when someone pulls out of a parking space without looking for oncoming vehicles or telling anyone about it.
Or two weeks ago, when some cunt just "overlooked" the articulated bus which a friend of mine was riding, and crashed into it from the side just because she had seen a free parking spot.
>>
>>1032283
just honk twice so i know to flip you off as well
>>
>>1033366
>When I'm driving on the fast lane of a highway and someone pulls in front of me without warning and without even thinking of a safe distance.
>When I'm riding in the bike lane and someone turns right before me without giving me any time to react (which is not allowed anyway)
>When I'm trying to cross the street on foot where 90% of all cars turn right, but then there is this fuckhead who turns left without using their blinkers. Naturally I assume they're gonna turn right just like everybody else, and I can't see the signal because I'm on the wrong side.
>Or when someone pulls out of a parking space without looking for oncoming vehicles or telling anyone about it.
>Or two weeks ago, when some cunt just "overlooked" the articulated bus which a friend of mine was riding, and crashed into it from the side just because she had seen a free parking spot.

All of these are dangerous even if they do use the turn signals. You can't run over pedestrians or into other vehicles and expect to get off scot free just because you turned on your blinkers.
>>
File: 1462679440702.gif (495KB, 213x199px) Image search: [Google]
1462679440702.gif
495KB, 213x199px
>>1032421
>they think I'm waving
>some occasionally do wave back
>>
>>1033376
Indicators show intent. They are a warning to other drivers that you are about to change position. It's much easier to avoid a dangerous situation if you have some advance warning that it may happen. If you can't understand how indicators are a good thing and should always be used then you shouldn't be driving.
>>
>>1033376
>You can't run over pedestrians or into other vehicles and expect to get off scot free just because you turned on your blinkers

Obviously you can't run over people because you use your blinkers you fucking mongloid.
That being said, blinkers are still nice
>>
>>1033507
>Indicators show intent. They are a warning to other drivers that you are about to change position.
Yes, obviously.

>It's much easier to avoid a dangerous situation if you have some advance warning that it may happen.
Yes, it's obviously easier when people use indicators. If people don't use indicators you have to always assume people are going to take the most dangerous course of action, which is a pain in the ass and wastes time for everyone by causing traffic jams.

>If you can't understand how indicators are a good thing and should always be used then you shouldn't be driving.
Did I say anything that implies I don't understand why they are a good thing? I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.

People who routinely don't indicate deserve a good beating for making driving, bike riding or walking a pain in the ass for everyone else. But that doesn't make lack of indicating intrinsically dangerous. On the other hand, the same people who can't be bothered indicating also tend to drive recklessly with no regard for others, but in those cases indicating doesn't actually help, being told you're about to be run over doesn't actually make it hurt less.
>>
>>1033553
I guess you and I are just drawing the line between "inconvenient" and "dangerous" in different places. I feel that I am commiting my life to other traffic participants whenever I'm on the road, at least to a certain degree. Of course I have to use my own wits to stay out of danger. But when I see someone not even able to give a fair warning of what they're about to do, I feel that I'm sharing the road with reckless idiots. Not using the turn signal is a comparatively small offense, and I often see much worse things, but it happens so often that it's getting on my nerves.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.