[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right? Is walking the most redpilled form of transportation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: edward-abbey-walking-quote[1].jpg (971KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
edward-abbey-walking-quote[1].jpg
971KB, 1600x1600px
Is he right? Is walking the most redpilled form of transportation?
>>
In nature, yes.

I believe Abbey also suggested that all national parks ought to be closed to motorized traffic of all kinds. He imagined something like bikeshare being available at the entrance to parks. (prob. in Desert Solitaire, but it could be in one of his novels, don't recall offhand).
>>
>>1031415
>“No more cars in national parks. Let the people walk. Or ride horses, bicycles, mules, wild pigs--anything--but keep the automobiles and the motorcycles and all their motorized relatives out. We have agreed not to drive our automobiles into cathedrals, concert halls, art museums, legislative assemblies, private bedrooms and the other sanctums of our culture; we should treat our national parks with the same deference, for they, too, are holy places. An increasingly pagan and hedonistic people (thank God!), we are learning finally that the forests and mountains and desert canyons are holier than our churches. Therefore let us behave accordingly.”
>>
>>1031423
Yeah, that's DS. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the quote about having a fleet of bikes available at each park is in MWG if anyone wants to look it up (book is worth reading regardless)..
>>
If you want to enjoy a place then feel free to walk, that's the same principle behind luxurious cruise ship, transportation is made with skipping the enjoyment for economy in mind.
>>
>>1031423
Woah, this guy is edgy as fuck. No wonder spandexfags like him so much.
>>
>>1031423
>we should treat our national parks with the same deference, for they, too, are holy places.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

You just blew national park funding right out of the water, buddy.
>>
>>1032961
>autism.wav
>>
Who else finds walking too slow compared to biking ? Though I admit OP's quote is wise, except for the redpill meme
>>
>>1031413
walking is for bums
>>
>>1031413
A critique of the postmodern condition before its time.

In all seriousness, however, spending 27 minutes on this will improve your day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTGKzS2Ntc4
>>
>>1032961
Edward would have liked you.
>>
Biking everywhere has made me an awkward walker
>>
OP I dont think you know what redpilled means.
Its a MGTOW expression and has to do with mens rights.
>>
>>1033999
No, it has to do with the matrix, and seeing reality as it yruly us. The redditurds conflated that notion with sweeping generalizations of women.
>>
>>1032974
Walking is faster than unlocking your bike, getting on your bike, biking, and finding a place to lock your bike.
>>
>>1034092
If your destination is 1 block away, maybe.
And I'd still prefer riding.
>>
File: NYC J3a Hudson No. 5450 800x.jpg (120KB, 800x424px) Image search: [Google]
NYC J3a Hudson No. 5450 800x.jpg
120KB, 800x424px
im about to walk a mile and a half to work in sub-zero temps. walking is awesome lots of the time, but in a chicago winter, it fucking sucks.

picture unrelated to post content
>>
>>1034088
Yes the origin is the matrix but modern usage means MGTOW.
>>
File: tip fedora.gif (163KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tip fedora.gif
163KB, 640x640px
>>1032961
>>
>>1034485
Not an argument.
>>
>>1032974
I can't remember the last time I walked, I got an upright folding bike for getting around the inside of house
>>
>>1037423
Do you use it to get to the bathroom too?
>>
I live in a town in North America that developed during the era of commuter rail and trams. It takes me 1 minute to walk to the nearest convenience store.

If I lived in the true burbs I'd never walk anywhere
>>
>>1040171
Yes
Even to get around inside the bathroom.
>>
>>1031413
why is everything a fucking pill now?

man, you know what? fuck this, shove your pills. i'm going straightedge.
>>
File: FlatTire092111.jpg (395KB, 460x753px) Image search: [Google]
FlatTire092111.jpg
395KB, 460x753px
>>1040254
Q: How many straightedge kids does it take to change an innertube?
A: Zero b/c straightedge never changed a thing
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.