[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

general transportation meets anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

transportation mixed with thoughts and facts of all sorts.

>if someones is big, should it be easier for him to climb a mountain than for a smaller person? lets say you have a cyclist of X size. (not weight, or height but size). and then you have a clone of him thats exactly the same but 25% larger. despite the weight difference, the larger one should arrive first because under his perspective, the mountain is smaller. his relationship with the earth's size is different. am i right?an ant can go really fast for its size but if you make do a 1km road he will take longer than any normal human right? yes , gravity and wind affect both cyclists in a different way, but again , for the larger one the mountain is smaller. what happens with time? do smaller people feel time slower than big people? do bigger cyclists have an advantage? why do we have people like chavez, small but on top competition level?

> a 787 rolls royce engine costs something in between 30-50 million usd.

comment and post whatever you want. lets think and share thoughts and info. pic kinda related
>>
oh and sorry for my bad english, not my native tounge. thanks!
>>
File: guccimane_.jpg (96KB, 643x483px) Image search: [Google]
guccimane_.jpg
96KB, 643x483px
smoke
>>
>>1031298
nope mr hamster
>>
bigger muscles aka bigger mass is stronger but requires more energy to work.
i guess theres a distance thats not too short and not too long where a larger person would have an advantage in a race (some medium length sprint)
>>
Speaking from personal experience (I'm 6'3) you're almost always at an advantage in cycling if you're smaller.
Biggest reason for this is wind resistance, yes you have more muscle if you're larger but it's not proportional to how much more wind resistance you're getting due to body size and most importantly height. I can look over the heads of most of my riding buddies even when I'm in the drops. It fucking sucks. Even drafting doesn't do nearly as much for me because everyone is smaller than me. People fucking love drafting behind me though because I'm a fucking mountain to them.
And small, slim people are faster up mountains too, just look at some professional climbers in cycling.

tl;dr too short for basketball, to tall for cycling, fml
>>
>>1031505
bitches still love that height tho
>>
>>1031505
Hey iktf bro
>>
>>1031505
But that's wrong. Your particular disadvantage is that you just can't draft. Time trialists tend to be tall and do very well on the flat because the increased power is better than the increased drag which is square law. The problem is that power doesn't scale with weight which is cube law, because smaller people have more surface area relative to mass, so they can cool off better, especially with at lower speeds, which increases their power to weight.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.