[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who hype for ST3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: ST3-Draft-Plan-Final.png (83KB, 720x1188px) Image search: [Google]
ST3-Draft-Plan-Final.png
83KB, 720x1188px
Who hype for ST3?
>>
>>1031243
Not worth the cost
>>
>>1031256
What a fucking stupid thing to say.
>>
>>1031257
Yeah totally worth the few billion to make it. Government sure knows how to throw money in a pit.
>>
>>1031280
>>>/o/
>>
>>1031294
Oh so /o/ doesn't support government money pits?
>>
>>1031243
First, no map legend.

Second, why no rail along I-405? Sound Transit spent millions on old BN right of way parallel to the freeway. And now they are just giving it to the (wealthy) adjacent property owners.
>>
>>1031280
So your solution is to do nothing instead. Blow your brains out.
>>
>>1031376

Right, my apologies.

And I-405 rail construction would constitute the backbone of the still-notional ST4, as you can now see based on the legend for the dotted lines.
>>
>>1031445
If I did that how would I pay taxes for the roads?
>>
>>1031527
Government takes half your shit when you die or all of it if you have no will.
>>
>no Ballard to UW rail
>no Metro 8 subway
>no SR99 alignment with GOAT TOD
Instead we get
>light rail to Issaquah
>light rail to Fife
>light rail to West Seattle when the existing bus and RapidRide isn't terrible

I understand that subarea equity is a thing, and that rejecting ST3 would just mean no rail for even longer, but this is ridiculous. Also, we need to kick most of Pierce county out of the ST district. I'm sure they wouldn't mind it anyway.
>>
>>1032057

Well, at least Ballard to UW is planned for.

>Also, we need to kick most of Pierce county out of the ST district.
They're going to get Tacoma connected the fuck out of and they're going to like it.
>>
>>1031243
tfw moving to seattle in april hopefully
tfw they keep updating their public transportation while california is decades behind
i've got a smug on my face right now
>>
>>1032263
Too bad your statement is factually incorrect.
>>
>>1032265
i go 20 miles to work using public transportation and the quickest route takes me 3 hours. i guess i should specify socal.
>>
>>1032263
>>1032265
Let's elaborate, shall we:
- BART bond passed, all rails and electrical on most of system (and all of the original lines) being replaced
- completely new BART fleet in testing and acquisition
- BART extension to Silicon Valley under construction and almost open
- further extension through downtown San Jose funded
- extension to Antioch under construction and to Livermore in planning
- Caltrain being electrified, more grade separations, short extension to downtown SF, and all new trains
- VTA light rail being extended again
- Muni rail extension under construction, further planning of subwaying and extensions in progress
- SMART train about to start running in North Bay
- CAHSR under construction
- Multiple new and extended LA Metrorail lines open, under construction, and in planning (the first one only opened in 1990)
- Metrolink extensions
- San Diego Trolley extensions
- Sprinter train
- Sacramento light rail extensions built and more in planning.

And that doesn't even get into breaking down the timeline to show how much progress has been made in the past couple of decades.
>>
>>1032263

Welcome hopefully. I just moved here myself (from Ottawa, first light rail not until 2018).
>>
>>1031448
>still-notional ST4

I only see an 'environmental study' between Bellevue and Bothell. Nothing other than bus rapid transit and/or shoulder running buses along I-405.

The right of way exists now to go from Kirkland south to Tukwilla. I say grab it for rail before the rich folks have it quit-claimed back to the adjacent property owners.
>>
>>1032959

The southernmost extent of I-405 (Tukwila to Renton) is also being planned for.

Like you said, there's right-of-way all the way through Kirkland now. I'm sure it will all be grabbed in the next package, along with the last stretch from Bothell to Lynwood. Basically everything now covered by BRT will be filled in.
>>
File: WashRailOwnership.png (499KB, 1699x1099px) Image search: [Google]
WashRailOwnership.png
499KB, 1699x1099px
>>1033248
>along with the last stretch from Bothell to Lynwood

No such thing. At least not any more. Also, the rail section between Bellevue and Renton has 'disappeared' from the state's railroad inventory.

I hadn't done any research since around 2000. But Sound Transit was the 'owner' of a lot of railroad right of way on the eastside which has since been transferred to private landowners or other uses. So much for ST tax dollars going to build or acquire transportation infrastructure.

Personally, I don't mind adjacent landowners buying up unused and unneeded right of ways. But Sound Transit (and the Port of Seattle) shouldn't be buying it up just to hand over to rich folks. With my tax dollars.
>>
File: IMG_3449.png (296KB, 2368x4335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3449.png
296KB, 2368x4335px
They're making some annoying mistakes in the suburbs but this will be so useful when it's all done. I just hope they could get it all built sooner.
>>
>>1033287
Sound Transit never owned any ROW on the Eastside. The Port of Seattle bought it for next to nothing from BNSF and King County bought most of it from the Port. The county always intented to turn it into a trail. Transit was always a non-starter because NIMBYs but Sound Transit paid for a study anyway.

Sound Transit is extremely conservative when it comes to accounting. They are not buying up property and handing it to rich folks with our tax dollars.
>>
>>1033287

>I hadn't done any research since around 2000. But Sound Transit was the 'owner' of a lot of railroad right of way on the eastside which has since been transferred to private landowners or other uses. So much for ST tax dollars going to build or acquire transportation infrastructure.
Ah, I definitely didn't know that, being brand new to Seattle.
>>
>>1035117
Except it's not true. See: >>1033386
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.