[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ATP Flight School

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1453.png (72KB, 225x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1453.png
72KB, 225x164px
Any current pilots have any experience with ATP or know anyone who's trained through ATP?

Currently I'm working on my PPL through a small local flight school and really like it. I made up my mind a few years ago that I want to go Airline for a career. So it's something I'm working on. I keep seeing and reading about ATP Flight School's success rate and how they guarnetee a CFI job and it's easy to get hired on with a Regional with them. But, I've also heard it's a "for money" school. I'm just trying to gather more info. I've been working a lot the past few years and I have the cash to pay for ATP. I just don't know what other options I have? I like how ATP says you'll be at a Regional at about 2 years from the first day of class. I'm 25 now, I'm worried that if I were to just get all my licenses and ratings through a small school that I'd never get hired on as a CFI and I'll have to wait years before I accumulate 1,500hrs

Any advice
>>
Delta has something similar as what ATP offers you just need a ppl
>>
>>1028987

do you have a name of the school or a link to it?
>>
>>1028990
afa.edu

Established by Comair, then Delta bought it, recently it merged with an aerosim company

but it has roots with delta and the regionals so theyll have lots of contacts and ways in to the regionals for you after graduation
>>
>>1028992

I'll check it out. Thanks
>>
Treasure Coast Flight Training
fl-flight.com
>>
>>1028992

I called them, the dude I spoke with told me life lessons on the phone for 37min. He was cool tho.
>>
>>1029144
what did he say
>>
>>1029278

He said he wanted to talk off the Record. so I asked him to compare Afa and ATP. He said ATP is a great school and puts out good pilots. But he said AFA is more in depth. then he kind of went on comparing it to life investments and then told me a story about his friend who bought a house, and then about how investments are more important than women. It was strange but funny, he was the old retired type, I think he was just bored as fuck and wanted to talk to someone.
>>
>>1029283
sounds about right

afa does have way more contacts with all the regionals and Delta has a huge part in how you are schooled, gives you more for your money

especially if you can do some networking with the instructors or older guys
>>
>>1028978
Not sure why anyone would seek to be an airline pilot these days. You get out of one of these schools with huge debt then you have slave as a CFI, for years maybe. Once you finally get on with a regional you make shit wages and are at the bottom of a pyramid where seniority is king.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.