[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cycling culture so shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: yuppiecover1.jpg (3MB, 2455x3214px) Image search: [Google]
yuppiecover1.jpg
3MB, 2455x3214px
why is cycling culture so shit and filled with neoyuppie narcissist (>inb4 you just jelly for their money and job - no Im not, money is good, job also, dont go there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX26RoCDckU

>muh expensive bike
>muh expensive furniture I pay but gf chooses
>muh travel
>muh garmin watts
>muh taking myself to seriously
>muh selfcenterednees
>muh basicbitch gf
>muh enjoy life

why cant people just be chill and ride bikes properly enthusiastically and do other things in life other than vlog whole days about themselves?
>>
and why does this phenomennon primarilly applies to road cyclist and not mtb casual freeriders like redubull bros etc?
>>
Why do you care what other people do? Why are you watching them? Why are you posting them here for other people to watch?
>>
Why can't people just be chill and ride bikes instead of bitching on the interwebs about how other people choose to enjoy their lives?
>>
Who cares.
>>
>>1028207

You are aware that all the stuff you're bitching about applies to literally every other hobby out there too right?

FFS, there are the fucking AQUARIUM AND GARDENING equivalents too.
>>
>>1028207
Are you complaining about bike culture, or yuppies?
Protip: Millennials ride fixed gear because they are too poor to fulfil the yuppie stereotype of the 90s.
>>
>>1028235
>You are aware that all the stuff you're bitching about applies to literally every other hobby out there too right?

not exactly, Ive never met people who build model ship or who are into train watching etc. that feel so self important, road cycling people are a phnomennon in that way (expensive sport that mostly attracts slightly introverted and intelligent people) so you get a specific well adjusted demographic

>>1028237
>Are you complaining about bike culture, or yuppies?

its more about culture and people forgeting to just ride and have fun - racing or not...Im not against racing or carbon.

>Millennials ride fixed gear because they are too poor to fulfil the yuppie stereotype of the 90s.

true, but motorcycle riding is a more expensive hobby than road cycling but the people riding expensive bikes are more like lad type people that take themselves far less serious and generally less poshy acting
>>
>>1028280

You clearly don't get out much. I'm pretty into model building and there are a lot of assholes who go on about paint, kits etc.
>>
>>1028282
>You clearly don't get out much.

chill out

>I'm pretty into model building and there are a lot of assholes who go on about paint, kits etc.

and so was I when I did them. But the hobby enthusiams doesnt translate into weird narcissim there
>>
>>1028286

>doesn't translate into weird narcissism

yeaahhhh...naahhh. It absolutely does, especially with the guys who sperg out over military kits.
>>
>>1028207
Why are there some people who have to whine and cry about what other people like and what other people do when it doesn't affect them in any way shape or form other than they're whiny crybabies that can't be happy unless they're complaining about someone else? Also I dispute your not being jealous about the fact other people have more money and nicer things than you have, you're probably some skeezy parasitic NEET piece of shit who has nothing because you won't get off your fat lazy worthless ass and get a job instead of sponging off your parents who probably are starting to hate you for sucking up all their money and doing nothing in return. Stop complaining about people and things that have nothing to do with you, stop being a freeloader, and stop posting shit threads like this one and wasting everyone's time with your bullshit. Or kill yourself, either way no one has to deal with your shit anymore. Now fuck off.
>>
8/10 OP, a little too obvious but people will still get mad.
>>
>>1028303
>hurrr durrr you are a NEET you jelly wah wah

serisouly bro, do normal rich people vlog about furniture they buy? Why would I be jelly about someones furniture, Im not a faggot. Why would a male vlog about furniture he buys or what shoes his gf wears, that is just lame, he did make some fantastic videos about carbon clincher wheels doe
>>
>>1028325
>serisouly bro, do normal rich people vlog about furniture they buy?
What is casey nestat? There's a whole bunch of them
>>
>>1028345
>casey nestat

yet another urban burgeaisse persona
>>
fuck white people and fuck you
>>
File: Donald-Trump.jpg (32KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump.jpg
32KB, 615x409px
>>1028371
Hey, it's ok man. We already won, you can take it easy now.
>>
>>1028371
Don't be racist.
>>
>>1028208
this exists because mtbers such as myself are poor people from rural areas that spend six months pay on a bike they really love or come from well-off families in cascadia, the rockies or sierra nevada and are immersed in the culture from day 1 and yuppies just buy expensive shit because they think they have to have it.
>>
>>1028492
>mtbers such as myself are poor people

idk man, mtbers I know dont seem to be that poor (and Im from an ex-yu country), but they are not exacly google employees or ultra rich CEOs as some roadies are, but mtbers are far more down to earth people - can be arrogant in i-go-fast-can-jump-this way not in a self-absorbed way.

t. a person who loves both mtb and road bikes
>>
>>1028498
skip 15 words down from where you quoted and continue reading
>>
File: supernice.jpg (97KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
supernice.jpg
97KB, 900x900px
I rode past a group of mtbers thte other day and they gave me the GMBN "nice". They were all on expensive name aluminum and I was on my china carbon. I think i deserved a "super nice" but I ain't mad.
>>
To be honest, I would get shat on if I'd post my bike here, so I do have to give OP some credit. I essentially have a potato PC equivalent of a bike.

I'm Dutch though and use it more than 90% of this board.
>>
>>1028507
Have you not seen the shitpiles that get posted around here? We don't mind how hideous your bike is as long as it's properly setup and frequently ridden.
>>
>>1028509
you can say and velieve that all you want until you see that shit setup with the
>fork gap
>aerobars on upright-position bike with flat bars
>bottles covering rear light
>no fenders
>>
>>1028512
Which one is that again?
>>
>>1028207
>cycling culture
>just a guy unpacking cupboards
The fuck.
>>
File: 1475883584211.jpg (35KB, 310x229px) Image search: [Google]
1475883584211.jpg
35KB, 310x229px
>>1028207
>Muh yuppies

God forbid someone trys to live their life in a way you don't like.
>>
>>1031518

>Muh choices

God forbid you have to carry on with your life knowing that, somewhere out there, someone is calling you a faggot and getting away with it.
>>
>>1028282
Getting excited over paint or some cool kits could be written into modelmaking definition, Anon. I don't see anything bad here unless someone acts smug just because of having super fancy expensive kits, paint, tools ect.
>>
>>1028207
>cycling culture
>cycling maven
>durianrider
kek pick one, insufferable cunts that makes their living on creating drama and trolling.
>>
File: Shy.jpg (481KB, 661x924px) Image search: [Google]
Shy.jpg
481KB, 661x924px
>>1031581
Your forgetting vegan Cyclist he's a real bro
Also i unironically like shaibike
>>
>>1028207
You can't really just say the "cycling culture"
there's lots of kinds of cyclists. MTB, roadies, bmx, messenger fixie dudes, bmx faggots, and so on.

Even within those groups theirs subcategories of different riders. With roadies in mind, you have your italian purists, endurance riders, speed demon crit racers, etc.
>>
>>1032257
>You can't really just say the "cycling culture"
>there's lots of kinds of cyclists. MTB, roadies, bmx, messenger fixie dudes, bmx faggots, and so on.

primarily roadies yuppire demographics (and Im not saying yuppie in derogatory terms but neoyuppies in their late 10s, early 30s simply stand out)

>>1031581
>cycling maven

worst of all cycling maven isnt all that bad compared to durianturd. maeven is a chill dude, but his basic bitch gf and le buying this le buying that retardation does it for me
>>
>>1032524
>le buying this le buying that
Are you mad that they have money to spend on the things they want unlike you?
>>
>>1032536
>Are you mad that they have money to spend on the things they want unlike you?

yes I am, I always project my assumed lack of finance to others. Thanks Mr. Freudberg for helping me resolve my inner conflicts!
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.