[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your power level /n/? This question also goes to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 16

File: 1479436712962.jpg (109KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479436712962.jpg
109KB, 540x720px
What's your power level /n/?
This question also goes to the foamers, planefags etc.
>>
>>1027603
>What's your power level /n/?

>>
>>1027604
I use a 5 point logarithmic scale, I can't imagine 7.

I would say 1.6
>>
bout tree fiddy
>>
Pretty high.
>Work as a trainman
>Ride my bicycle to bars and stuff
>Probably going to start taking flying lessons in the next month or two
>>
Just under 9000
>>
I drive to school, work from home, and casualy pedal on the MUP. Probably 2.
>>
>>1027603
i'm a casual mtber with a mid-spec fully and a bunch of troy lee kit because i fucking love highlighter yellow.

my powerlevel is: 'no-dab-zone bro! first one that dabs buys the first round! LAST ONE TO THE BOTTOM IS A JOEY!'
>>
Riding 20mph is very difficult for me
>>
Me I ride my bike to work most days and to the store and shit when it's just me going. I own two cars and do the mechanical upkeeping on both. I also have a commercial pilots license with an instrument rating but I hardly ever fly anymore because my kids want me to buy them shit.

Lately I started skating again because my oldest daughter is into it.

Getting hurt when you're in your forties hurts though.

My power level is beta.5
>>
File: First commuter.jpg (1MB, 2832x2128px) Image search: [Google]
First commuter.jpg
1MB, 2832x2128px
>>1027603
>>>/n/ has increased my power level over the years. Primarily through your shame, embarrassment, and ridicule.

In college, I became an avid bicyclist, and was very proud of my old bikes which I found at garage sale or for free on the sidewalk. I maintained them with pure elbow grease, patronizing the bike co-ops and installing racks with old mattress hardware. They were beautiful, cheap machines which I loved because of how much work I went into keeping them tuned, always seeking upgrades at a bargain.

But /n/ shit on me hard. You challenged me to do better by threatening me over installing my front derailleur too high, or chastising me over my bar tape faux pas. I was told to kill myself every time I posted one of my bikes which I was so proud of. PYBT became my monthly challenge, and my monthly reminder that my fellow hobbyists were at a far higher power level than me.

Now I am building my own wheelsets, have multiple custom builds, and ALWAYS pursuing the n+1 rule. I have achieved many feats of endurance on my bicycles, and yet there is a whole world of bicycling out there which I have only peeked at. I am excited and proud to say that /n/ has helped show that world to me.

Thank you, /n/
>>
File: feels.png (232KB, 781x938px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
232KB, 781x938px
I don't know you tell me:

Huge motherfucker (200lbs +, built like a tank).
Poor as fuck (Aluminum, no Carbon).
Have 3 bikes (road, mtb, and cruiser)
Service my bikes.
Sold my car and promised myself to stay on a bike for as long as a I can.
My dick works but I've lost sensitivity.
My vastus intermedius is visible.
Commute short distances every day with anywhere from 10-25lbs of gear on (backpack, books and shit).
I can keep up with or out-pace at least 85% of people I encounter (casuals, freds, roadies etc)
Can maintain 20mph+ for 45-60minutes.
Climb slow but for long times (I can do power but not spin)
2 out of 3 major accidents in my life (bones, tissue trauma) have happened on a bike, the other, on a motorcycle.
>>
>no car
>no driver's license
>ride bikes everywhere
>have never paid a local bike shop to do work for me
>have no friends who are bike hobbyists
>everything I do, I do myself or with the help of Sheldon/n/ Brown
I don't know what my power level is, but I know I really like bikes, and that's all that matters.
>>
File: ftw_flashlight_battery_ded.jpg (78KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
ftw_flashlight_battery_ded.jpg
78KB, 540x720px
>>1027603
30 speed
>>
i dont have allegiences to any mode of transport. Situations prefer one mode over the other.

I enjoy all forms of transportation whether as a pilot/driver or passenger.

I am often sensible but then let out the speed demon occasionally to keep myself sane.

I love my bike but i think bikefags are probably the worst part of/n/. Sure they make up the majority of posts but they are akin to the grumpy plumber on/diy/ who spouts on and on about how if you can't thread galvanized pipe then you're a cuck. As if that pleb shit is somethin special.
>>
>>1028289
Dude, I was 263lbs but did a lot of riding.
I started calorie counting and lost the weight and I'm a much better rider for it.

Just lose the weight man, you'll be able to go faster for longer.

Also don't ignore saddle pain unless you want dick surgery.
>>
File: Specialized.jpg (1MB, 3404x4323px) Image search: [Google]
Specialized.jpg
1MB, 3404x4323px
>>1028304
Post more pics of that ride please.
>>
>>1028289
>My dick works but I've lost sensitivity.
this is a big problem and you need to fix your saddle/fit immediately
>>
>>1028289
>My dick works but I've lost sensitivity.
Jesus dude, switch to a different saddle. Don't ignore pain - hand pain, back pain, ESPECIALLY dick numbness. These are all signs that your bike doesn't fit you right.

I think I went through four saddles, fiddled with setback and saddle angle a lot, and fiddled with the stack/reach of my bars quite a bit as well before I arrived at a setup that didn't result in dick numbness and/or wrist pain. But it was worth it, because although I'm tired and sore after the end of a 100 mile ride, I'm not in actual pain - I know I'm not damaging my body.
>>
File: 1475467283120.jpg (21KB, 619x405px) Image search: [Google]
1475467283120.jpg
21KB, 619x405px
>>1027629
Just over 9000
>>
Male
Road and crit, beginning track next month.
26years
H 183.2cm
W 72.2kg
Ftp 324w
CP 336w
VO2max 442w@201bpm
Oxygen uptake 4.58L/min
P-max 1425w
2nd cat, after 1st cat next year.
>>
>>1028859
How did you get those measurements? Breathing mask and sensors while riding stationary? I imagined one of those gatorade commercials.

>>1028378
>dick surgery
Trainfag here, wat?! What causes that on a bike?!
>>
>>1029178
Saddle pressure on the prudential nerve. Over time it makes your dick numb and if you're dumb enough to persist it results in permanent nerve damage with erectile dysfunction. This can be a serious issue for people on road bikes due to the use of hard, narrow saddles and aggressive forward positions. The only way to prevent it is to find a saddle that fits. You may have to try tens of saddles before you get the right one if you have an uncommon morphology.
>>
File: light_finally.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
light_finally.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
>>1028391
>that ride
My bicycle or that nightmare on sandy forest fire road, with no headlight while it's raining and i have goddamn Koyaks?
>>
File: disregard the constabulary.jpg (8KB, 251x189px) Image search: [Google]
disregard the constabulary.jpg
8KB, 251x189px
>mom had me on her bike with one of those kid seats over the rear wheel
>learned to ride a two-wheeler on my first try
>going on long, casual rides with family across town didn't happen all the time but enough that it was considered normal.
>started commuting on streets to school in rushhour traffic at age 15, 4 miles to school in downtown of a medium-sized city and back.
>commuted all thru college
>moved to large city with messengers, became one for a few years. lots of downtime and elevator riding, but still usually getting over 30 miles per day 5 days per week.

I was pretty fast when I was young. never raced, probably would've sucked at it and for sure lacked the discipline. but I ride a bike like a fish swims, it's second nature.
>>
>>1029185
Fuckin ay
That's scary.
>>
There was a period in my life, where I basically only moved by bike on the street, only walking inside of buildings.

It came to a point, where it felt odd to walk distances further than 20-50m.

I'd say that at that point, my power level was at least 7.
>>
>>1029414
walking sucks
>>
>>1029414
I currently am at that point
>>
File: IMG_20161119_190803.jpg (397KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161119_190803.jpg
397KB, 1920x1080px
>>1029178
Pretty much!
>>
>>1029414
>not riding inside of buildings
>not having a dedicated hallway bike and a dedicated bathroom bike
your power level was 0
>>
250 watts
>>
>>1029514
Is this why bane wore the mask?
>>
>>1029713
Fuck off /tv/ nobody likes you
>>
>>1029719

I like /tv/'s memes. :'(
>>
>>1029713
Nah, bane had an altitude/hypoxia mask to increase his hematocrit level.
>>1029514
This one is a flow rate/(c)o2 sensor
>>
File: nuuZen3.png (1MB, 1512x850px) Image search: [Google]
nuuZen3.png
1MB, 1512x850px
I'm one of the strongest cat 6 racers in my area.

I've put in almost 4000 miles this season and I've only been passed once, it was a recovery ride and I let him go.

Sometimes I race cagers on small city streets and smirk when I see them put on the gas after being passed by a lycra-clad athlete.

I have a carbon bike with Shimano 105 components, you're an idiot if you throw away you money for anything more and a poorfag if can't afford it.

My power level isn't quite at Sagan's but I imagine if I started competitive cycling and training at this age that we would be staunch competitors.
>>
>>1029198
I meant your bike.
>>
>>1029719
What a hot head.
>>
>>1029523
>his dedicated bathroom use ride isnt even a hydraulic disk break mtb unicycle with spds

>his hallway bike isnt even a 3000kw 88000mah ebike for most effectively moving to delivery recipiants doors.

What do you even use for your sleeping bike?
>>
>>1029793
>I'm one of the strongest cat 6 racers in my area.
lolololololol

strongest cat 6 racer

lololololololololol

>My power level isn't quite at Sagan's but I imagine if I started competitive cycling and training at this age that we would be staunch competitors.

OH GOD MY SIDES
>>
File: 1479633671095.jpg (4KB, 119x125px) Image search: [Google]
1479633671095.jpg
4KB, 119x125px
>>1029793
>>
>>1030768
>>1030996

X'D
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIZQCTvvtdY
>>
File: phoenix_bicycle.jpg (36KB, 470x272px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix_bicycle.jpg
36KB, 470x272px
>>1027603
I have a phoenix bicycle. I use them to transport goods like vegetable and cassava from my parent's farm to the market,where I sold them to the hawkers. I also use them to go to school
>>
File: 150cc-Motorcycle-Loader.jpg (356KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
150cc-Motorcycle-Loader.jpg
356KB, 1200x1200px
>>1031160
From the farm, I could raise enough money to renovate my parents' house and buy some electrical appliances. If I have good harvest this season I can buy a motorcycle and work as motor taxis, but my father told me to buy cargo motorcycle instead, and only buy another motorcycle afterwards
>>
File: Hijet.jpg (585KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Hijet.jpg
585KB, 2016x1512px
>>1031162
>cargo motorcycle
Why not get a used kei truck like a daihatsu hijet or a suzuki carry?
They're extremely economical and i'd guess way more versatile than a (wtf third world shit is this anyway) cargo motorcycle
>>
>>1031208
I live in Rwanda. My family only have a small farm so we do not need a lorry. It is expensive anyway, for that kind of money we can buy a tractor and maybe build a piggery

Also, I only have 500,000 francs (about 700 dollar) right now. Even if I wait for next season harvest, I can only raise about 300,000 francs
>>
>>1031221
Why are you even on 4chan
>>
File: 1476440019199.jpg (4MB, 5361x3633px) Image search: [Google]
1476440019199.jpg
4MB, 5361x3633px
>>1031221
Yeah true, i wasn't sure how much you could maybe get a cargo motorcycle for. You'd get a good older mini truck for 2-5 thousand NZ dollars here, less for a rusting one if you didn't need it to be road legal (lots of farm hacks are like this). I see that is a lot of money.

Rwanda is quite a beautiful country right? Mountainous and green? Having a motorcycle there would be great if you can afford to take some time off and tour on it.
>>
>>1031221
are you a hotty or a tootsy?
>>
>>1031227
It is mountaneous., Probably both a blessing and a curse to Rwanda.

Also, I live in the hilly area, having a motorcycle would be better since they only asphalted the lower area and my family's farm is on a terraced hill

>>1031226
Mostly because of /s/ but /a/ is nice as well

>>1031228
I prefer not to answer the question
>>
>>1031249
all good, i hope you and your family can have a peaceful life.
>>
>>1031249
Good luck m8
>>
>>1027603
Walmart bike
>>
>>1031160
You didn't cultivate any banana, anon? It seems very popular in that part of the world
>>
>>1031618
Banana is not very good in terraced hills, and it needs large land to make it profitable.

Neighboring Tanzania also produces banana and we buys from them
>>
>>1031674
How do you have internet? And is it safer in your county than in the past?
>>
>>1031817
I have a tablet that I can use for calls and internet. My brother have laptop from the school but it looks like a toy laptop and I don't like to use it

We do have cases of smuggles, cattle rustler and thief from DRC crossing the border and they are known to carry automatic gun. But my place is quite far from the border and we have police station nearby
>>
>>1031827
I meant getting invaded by other countries and genocide.
>>
>don't have a car, bike only
>work at an LBS
>ride at rush hour so i can weave around traffic

Just past the point of no return
>>
File: 8ES1zDz.jpg (128KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
8ES1zDz.jpg
128KB, 500x553px
install more bike lanes on route 66 and the goldern gate brideg
>>
>>1032264
>ride at rush hour so i can weave around traffic
this is the best
>>
>>1032264
I used to be more agressive in traffic.

Then i got tboned. That shook me

...you know for someone who crashed today and crashes like 1x a month my scum factor is through the roof. Im basically invulnerable.
>>
My FTP is about 110w, pretty poor desu.
>>
>>1027603
15 maybe 19
>>
>>1033791
how is that even possible
>>
Lay the foundation pupper
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.