[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this mean for the future of US transport infrastructure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (12KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 485x303px
What does this mean for the future of US transport infrastructure?
>>
Cars Cars Cars and Planes. His oil buddies will ensure it. Will just be whoever pays him the most.
>>
No imported vehicles anymore.
>>
Bikes are deemed communism.
>>
File: DELTA-V1000.jpg (64KB, 606x404px) Image search: [Google]
DELTA-V1000.jpg
64KB, 606x404px
he will make bikes collectible again
>>
>>1025495
Wasn't Clinton the one with the oil connections?
>>
>>1025524
Yes

>>1025490
TOUR DE TRUMP IS COMING BACK /N/IGGERS

Maybe he'll help out Amtrak so they can stop the lines that don't make them any money.

>>1025515
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_DuPont

although I wonder if the eurofags that ride in it will be salty as fuck since he'll be president. lmao
>>
http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/9/13573920/public-transit-ballot-measures-72-percent-success
>>
everything but trains is going to get renovated and expanded. the train companies are going to have to deal with it because they own most of the track.
>>
>>1025490
If i had to say, it's gonna mean a car/oil focus. Not good for anyone except gas powered cars.

But local stuff has a lot more power! like >>1025538 is just one example. Where I live in seattle, multiple things were passed that were great. Expanded bus and light rail, as well as more bike lanes and sidewalks
>>
>>1025490
He's going to make blimptrains great again
>>
He will fix our northeastern commuter rail infrastructure in the northeast. Bullet trains, subway expansions its gonna be YUGE
>>
New deal style massive infrastructure projects, probablynot anything cool like bike lanes
>>
What is his actual stance? He champions both free market and protectionist policies. Luckily, this election showed improvements on transportation don't have to be made federally. California and Washington made some great gains on Tuesday. Unfortunately, there were no such ballot initiatives for New York
>>
>>1025521
I love this meme
>>
Will Tesla/solar city stop receiving government funding? This could really stunt the growth of the electric car industry.
>>
>>1025710
He's just an opportunist. He has no ideology. His ideology was based entirely on pandering to people who had been ignored by the political establishment, now that he's used them to get voted in, he doesn't need them anymore. He needs the Republican congress now.

I suggest you watch this youtube video on a quick primer to basic political theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs
>>
File: moe.jpg (38KB, 412x405px) Image search: [Google]
moe.jpg
38KB, 412x405px
>>1025727
Who holds back the electric car?
>>
>>1025747
I think Trump would probably sell you a monorail though.
>>
>People acting like the President should have anything today with municipal transportation projects like bike lanes.
You're all fucking retarded. Run for your city council or elect somebody that wants your stupid gentrified shit.
>>
>>1025754
>bike lanes
>stupid gentrified shit
Do you know where you are?
>>
Probably mass privatization desu. Will most likely end in disaster.
>>
>>1025775
Is there anything left to be privatized in the land of the free?
>>
>>1025777
The interstate highway system really. If you look at how Rump plans on funding his $1 trillion in infra investments it's essentially private corporations paying for $900bln of it and the gov spending $100bln. As for public transit, it's owned by city and state governments. However if the federal government goes back on it's FAST act promises and removes all subsidies for mass public transit (which Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell said are very likely possibilities) I can see many city governments privatizing their own transit systems so they don't have to take the blame for cuts to service due to shrinking budgets (see: MBTA).
>>
>>1025777
How about the roads? Pay to drive. Cyclists pay double.
>>
>>1025710
Trump's stance (on his website) is 1 trillion extra dollar on infrastructure over 10 years.

That's more than what Hillary promised.
>>
>>1025780
Infrastructure is pretty broad, desu. Isn't the electrical grid of the US in pretty bad shape?
>>
>>1025764
>Trying to add bikes and trams in down trodden neighborhoods because you're a fucking hipster
>Not gentrification
Okay.
>>
>>1025789
Go to a different board, faggot. Nothing wrong with diversification of transportation in any area of a city to make it more habitable for residents.
>>
>>1025793
>Hipsters trying to justify the cultural destruction of neighborhoods.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1025799
>traditional western/white cities are "cultural destruction"
>a car-centric shithole that looks like some dystopic chinese megalopolis is culturally appropriate
my sides
>>
>>1025799
Cuck
>>
>>1025809
>Trying to price people out of their neighborhoods.
>Act like you're doing them a favor.
Take up the white man's burden, home slice.
>>
>>1025831
>>Trying to price people out of their neighborhoods
>being a communist who wants everyone to pay the same for housing with no regard to geographic situation
laughingcomrades.cccp
>>
File: BASED PENCE.jpg (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BASED PENCE.jpg
105KB, 640x480px
>>1025683
>probablynot anything cool like bike lanes
Come on, we know who is really going to run things, and he's a bikefag.

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6jpOOp03o
>>
Obviously Trump is bad so I just can't accept that anything good will come out of his presidency. US transportation infrastructure will suffer a complete collapse under the Trump regime. Bike lanes will be closed to anyone but Cis-Het White Males.
>>
>>1025892
>Bike lanes will be closed to anyone but Cis-Het White Males.
Isn't that already how it's like in 'murica? lmao I only ever see white people in bike lanes and blacks/brown/etc are on the sidewalks
>>
>>1025799
>,the white man put us in the ghetto
>stop trying to take away our shitty ghetto
Fucking kys.
t. A registered fucking democrat
>>
>>1025895
>white people actually read the driver's handbook even though it's printed in a zillion different languages
Lmao it's like minorities don't actually give a shit about where they live and subsequently live like cockroaches and expect all the rights of whites
>>
>>1025884
inb4 bike lanes for white males only
>>
Only vehicles with a V8 engine will be allowed on the streets
>>
>>1025781
The list of well-maintained infrastructure is far shorter than the list of what is in bad shape
>>
File: Kfl0X.jpg (22KB, 400x281px) Image search: [Google]
Kfl0X.jpg
22KB, 400x281px
>>1025490
>>
>>1025490
It means it's up to states, counties, and local governments to handle it. We just passed several major transportation funding measures in my state.
>>
>>1025908
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.