[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Measure M passes in LA County

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: m.jpg (286KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
286KB, 1024x1024px
Los Angeles County, which was built to accommodate cars, may now finally become a true urban area.
>>
Since I don't know wtf Measure M is:
>Measure M would raise the county sales tax by a half-penny, generating an estimated $120 billion over four decades for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to build new highway projects and expand bus and rail lines, including boring twin rail tunnels through the Sepulveda Pass.

>The rail system would expand to Pacoima, Claremont, Westwood, Torrance and Artesia. The tax also would fully or partly fund 10 highway projects, such as an extension of the freeway on State Route 71 and a new carpool-lane interchange between the 405 and 110 freeways.

>Measure M would raise the county’s base sales tax rate by half-cent in 2017 and increase it to 1% in 2039 after another half-cent sales tax expires. The levy would continue until voters choose to end it.
Sounds okay. The LA area is getting interesting.
>>
>>1025428
For those of you who don't know, the Sepulveda Pass is one of the worst bottlenecks in the world that connects the San Fernando Valley to the LA Basin. A tunnel with rail lines would be a real game changer.
>>
>>1025436
What kind of rail lines would go through them?
>>
>>1025426
that pic is just a fantasy map though
>>
File: justfuckmylifeup.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
justfuckmylifeup.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>1025436

>literally wasting your life so you can live in the god damn valley
>>
File: entiremap.jpg (75KB, 569x890px) Image search: [Google]
entiremap.jpg
75KB, 569x890px
>>1025426
Feels good man. Seattle also voted ST3 despite the huge NIMBY opposition.
>>
>>1025426
Hello,Pacific Electric. Google it.
>>
>>1025460
>Light rail to Issaquah and Fife
>Good

Still, I'm glad it passed.
>>
>>1025460
Western Pacific Union that secedes from the US when?
>>
>>1025699
There is already petitions circulating and movements and organizations gaining steam for "Calexit"
>>
>>1025460
Does that mean that meme-streetcar in Tacoma will become part of the light rail line?
>>
>>1025460
when is SEATAC going to fix their fucking train?

>hurr let's build a train with 2 tracks so we can have higher capacity
>oh no, we built the tracks too close to each other
>uh ok, just only run one train at a time

like jesus christ people need to be fired for that shit
>>
>>1025584
I agree about Issaquah but Fife is on the way to Tacoma and is therefor unavoidable.

>>1025784
Tacoma Link will remain separate from the rest of the LRT system because it uses different sized vehicles, smaller platforms and a lower power voltage. It's better that way anyway.

>>1026487
What are you even talking about?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.