[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about when you go out riding /n/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (19KB, 362x363px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19KB, 362x363px
What do you think about when you go out riding /n/?
>>
Nothing
>>
>>1025390
>i bet i can jump that
>yep jumped it gud
>>
>>1025391
Surely you must be thinking about something.
>>
Random stuff. Often I get songs or parts of songs stuck in my head.

If I go down a particularly deserted road I ponder how if I hurt myself it could be days before anyone came along. Or when going really fast down hill how fucked I'd be if my front tire blew or I hit a deer.

The gravel roads outside town are regularly spaced at 1 and 2 miles depending if going n/s or e/w. I'll often try to do the mental math in my head to figure out how far it is back to home. When getting exhausted basic math can be surprisingly difficult. Though doing the distance in km means adding multiples of 1.6 and 3.2.
>>
>>1025390
Typically at the start of a ride I'll be worried about stuff going on in my life or the world, but once I get into the ride I tend to stop thinking about anything except what I can I can see, hear, and feel, or about my route. If the ride isn't very interesting (like my daily commute) I'll start playing back songs in my head from memory, or basically think up language/math puzzles to solve.
>>
>>1025394
Sometimes I try to think about something, but I quickly start focusing on just riding. I'm always looking for danger stuff on the road, rocks, glasses, potholes, bumps, gravel...the only thing I think about is calculate my trajectory to avoid the obstacles with the minimum amount of movements.
>>
Going faster.
>>
>>1025390
About you Lord. I was wondering why there were tire tracks on the beach during the darkest hours of my life.
>>
rape
>>
I rehearse my chinese. Words and characters I've just learned and pronounciation. Sometimes I get odd looks for doing that. Quite often I just observe the surroundings. People, nature, building but also my bike, my self and my thoughts. And sometimes I practice singing.
>>
>>1025415
that's probably for the best. I notice myself daydreaming a lot
>>
My cunt of an ex-wife
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 239x210px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 239x210px
Singing most of the time or talking to myself loud while commuting

On longer rides I sometimes get so immersed in the thoughts I'm completely oblivious to my sorrounding even in traffic

Then I wake up, get startled and wonder "how the fuck did I survive the last 10km of the ride" only to immerse my self once again after few minutes.

It's actually quite convenient when the longer ride is not "aimless for exercise" type of ride but actually riding somewhere with a purpose. You ge there in relative no time.

>tfw mind existing on a higher plane than consciousness
>tfw too powerful to be a cager
>>
I kind of vary between fully focused on a strenuous part of the ride, looking at the scenery, and having the same couple lines of a song repeating over and over in the head.
>>
>Don't stare at her ass.
>This scenery is nice.
>INCOMING DESCENT!
>>
>is there any area I can whack off around here?
>would it be weird to bring my binoculars to look at some of these sights?
>my crank nut better not come loose like it did that one time
>gotta get these rocks outta my shoes again
>>
>>1025390

I replay erotic role-plays I've had on omegle in my mind.
>>
>>1025440
I like to think about him too, he's in front of me taking on the wind so that I don't have to pedal as hard.

Only one set of tracks my friend, we follow him until death.
>>
LeftRightLeftRightLeftRightLeftRight
It's a form of meditation.
>>
contemplating my hatred towards hills+strong headwinds
>>
File: feels.png (232KB, 781x938px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
232KB, 781x938px
"Muh dick"
"I wish I had carbon"
"Dat ass"
"lol, what a fred"
"Pfft, no offense kid but you never had a chance"
"Aww those lil children riding their wee lil bikes are so cute!"
"Why are you cussholes riding shoulder to shoulder here?"
"Damn dude, you're like in your 80's. Mad respect bruh."
"I could go for some fish and chips"
"tfw I want to ride with a qtp2t road chick but I don't think she'll be able to keep up"
"[insert lyrics from song here]"
>>
>>1025662
You just reminded me of an old guy I saw riding the other day. He had on a hi-visibility vest and I was just like "Oh, this guy is just being super safe, right?" But then he crossed a 40-50 mph road, almost being hit by a car, and I knew that he put that vest on because he had no fucking idea what he was doing and just figured that other people would stop for him.
>>
>>1025512
I know exactly all of those feels, anon.
Bikes help me cycle the feels away.
It's the closest I'll ever get to flying.
INTP?
>>
>>1025638
>my crank nut better not come loose like that one time
Goddamn I've had this a few times on my commuter, and it's one of those things that's really irritating and gets me paranoid even when it's not happening. I've taken to always carrying an 8mm Allen key, if nothing else. Ideally I should replace the crank arm and probably the bb entirely, but when tightened really well it'll be fine for 100+ miles.
>>
I always imagine that I'm in a race. Helicopters following me overhead, TV camera zoomed in on me with my statistics on the screen and pundits talking about my performance in the race so far. Always competitors close behind so I have to go fast.
>>
I swear to fuck, the frame will snap and i'll wrap around the next tree
>>
>>1025390
How it feels like i can do anything and go anywhere and not a single damn person can stop me
>>
>>1025390
Random stuff. Hoping I won't get killed by an idiot on their phone. What my next bike will be.
> black Pake
> yellow Allegro track
> Cannondale CAD roadie
> Kuwahara roadie
> blue Schwinn Madison
>>
>>1025390
>What do you think about when you go out riding /n/?
When I go out riding, I think about riding.
>>
>>1025713
>crank nut come loose
how in the fuck does this happen
>>
>>1025813
With square taper cranks, it can be an issue of it just not being tightened enough in the first place, but the spindle and crank can get worn/generally fuckled and come loose every now and then.
At that point it's best to just replace the crank arm.
>>
>>1025839
Post near bottom of this suggests it is caused by imprecise machining where the taper faces aren't flat. The fix seems rather involved / tedious.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/worn-taper-on-a-square-taper-crank-can-it-be-savedbodged
>>
Usually "How can i keep this speed up" "Can i take this corner without braking?" and stuff like that since going fast is fun.

Otherwise I tend to think about the scenery and how everything looks around me, more so than walking since >smartphones
>>
1)Tire pressure.

2)~Crunch "Was that glass?".

3)I need new tires
>>
>>1025415
I'm just like you, man, and I think it's a blessing. Efortless meditation for me.
>>
I'm writing a book, nothing serious, just a shitty novel for my family and friends to read, so I think about what to write about. Most of the time I think about dialogues between the characters because for some fucking reason I cant focus on progressing the story. Some of my funniest dialogues (at least thats what I've been told) come from the stuff I think about while riding, so it seems to work. I'm probably autismal as fuck though.
>>
>>1026099
I haven't even read your novel and I already know it's shit.

Share some of it with us please?
>>
>>1026103
Its not written in english and I wouldnt share it with you even if it was.
>>
>>1026032
wouldn't have happened on a Maxxis Minion™ DHF/DHR II tire system!
>>
>>1025390
usually listening to music not thinking about much
often just beeing annoyed by car drivers, streetwalkers for not seeing me etc.
sometimes just checking out girls
>>
I think about fucking. I always think about fucking. Unless I'm fucking....then I usually think about my bike.
>>
>>1026249
This guy knows what is best in life.

stay gold.
>>
>>1026249
You R selected vermin
>>
File: 1470898911034.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470898911034.gif
603KB, 320x240px
>this climb is AIDS
>can i take the high line here
>i can't see the bottom of this drop because of leaves
>the northshore features better not be wet
>i hate wet wood
>wet
>wood
>heheh
>what the fuck is that smell
>OH GOD MANURE
>We have signs everywhere that say 'no horses on the singletrack'
>why won't they abide?
>why didn't they listen?
>why must we suffer this affront to our trailbuilders?
>THE HORSEFAGS DON'T EVEN SHOW UP FOR DIG DAYS!
>ES IST ZEIT FUR SAUBERUNG!
>WIR MUSSEN DIE HORSEFAG AUSROTTEN!
>>
Survival

I put the focus on my environment and think about what I could do in order to get back home alive.. Only times my mind is truly focused on one thing, it's cool I guess
>>
>>1026370
Ugh I rode past a horse and cart in the city and they just shit in the street and it stinks. They should seriously be banned!
>>
>>1025390
Listening to punk rock, sometimes aggressively lip syncing and even motioning with one hand

Woo hoo! Let's keep pedaling as far as my legs can take me!

Thinking about "that girl" and how I'm racing to get to her faster

I wish my bike didn't squeak, my next bike will be single speed

Are my tires pumped to the ideal pressure?

Did my seatpost slightly slip downwards again?

>>1025712
INTP here too, I feel the same way
>>
>>1025391
Best answer.
Nothing is the ideal mindset.
>>
File: 1478875975312.jpg (25KB, 555x347px) Image search: [Google]
1478875975312.jpg
25KB, 555x347px
>>1025390
>i wish i was further down this road
>>
>see banana peel
>spend the next minute pondering whether it was thrown from a car or lazy cyclist just dropped it instead of tossing it into the grass
>>
>>1025721
holy fuck dude
>>
Ride starts to become not fun, contemplate calling for a ride, then just tell yourself to HTFU.
>>
File: 00505_gTkZ2ieNNS6_600x450.jpg (40KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00505_gTkZ2ieNNS6_600x450.jpg
40KB, 600x337px
>>1025390

When I imagine jesus on a mountain bike, I usually picture him on something a lot more collectible tbqhwyfamilam
>>
>>1028535
Good thing he's on a cruiser then
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.